Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheff Utd verdict

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasnt,i said at the time it was a perfectly good goal
I think it was Donk not Coady ducked down to head it, and Sharp was perfectly right to try to hook it in
We would have been fuming if that was us that had it disallowed,but whatever ill take it lol
If we are stopping players going for a ball not much above waist height we are going down a rocky road imo
Absolute rubbish

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if/when MotD is available on iPlayer? It's on after my sons' bedtime but it's usually available on iPlayer on Monday morning, but doesn't seem to be today. Are the rules different for the FA cup?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did see that . But to me that is the way we have played for 5 years. Avoiding midfield, as a direct means to goal,
There is no significant attacking options . Thats fine for results, and doesnt require change but not great for entertainment or enjoyment.
Its a bit negative and slow to watch.
If you thought yesterday's game was negative and slow to watch, I am lost as to how to reply - even though I have!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if/when MotD is available on iPlayer? It's on after my sons' bedtime but it's usually available on iPlayer on Monday morning, but doesn't seem to be today. Are the rules different for the FA cup?
I couldn't find it last night until I looked at live TV, it was still on. Try search on iplayer for FA cup

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was Donk not Coady ducked down to head it, and Sharp was perfectly right to try to hook it in
We would have been fuming if that was us that had it disallowed,but whatever ill take it lol
If we are stopping players going for a ball not much above waist height we are going down a rocky road imo
The foot was much higher than Silva's against Manure. I am against free kicks when the header ducks in but this was definitely too high.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Watched it again and to be fair I think it's on the margins. Donck does duck into it there's no contact and I'm not sure he changes what he does because of the high boot. However it is still well above waist level and potentially dangerous. I'd be a bit disappointed if it was us, but not exactly fuming (save that for Moutinho at the Etihad!). I think it was possibly true that if the ref hadn't given it then VAR might not have disallowed it (although who knows!)

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched it again and to be fair I think it's on the margins. Donck does duck into it there's no contact and I'm not sure he changes what he does because of the high boot. However it is still well above waist level and potentially dangerous. I'd be a bit disappointed if it was us, but not exactly fuming (save that for Moutinho at the Etihad!). I think it was possibly true that if the ref hadn't given it then VAR might not have disallowed it (although who knows!)
Yeah ive also watched it back,and maybe its a fraction high,but as you say no contact and in my opinion he had every right to go for it
Still think it should have stood, but whatever we have had plenty of poor decisions go against us so ill take it :)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see more of Podence and Silva. Silva seems to be the one who gets on Podence's wavelength with the quick attacking play. Maybe a Jimenez and Silva front two with Podence behind them.

I think Trincao will also be on that wavelength given time, clever player with a lot of skill.

Basically I hope Podence stays fit...
You can see they've been working closely together on the training pitch. Several neat 1-2s and quick inter-passing. Also the way they almost made love to one another after the 1st goal was a thing of joy. Let's hope their partnership can thrive, firstly by Podence staying fit and secondly by Silva building on his reputation.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Made love to each other after the first goal?

Well, looking at the outstanding quality of the second, it's a wonder there wasn't a full-blown orgy!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you thought yesterday's game was negative and slow to watch, I am lost as to how to reply - even though I have!
Yesterday was fine. But not great ,.

Surely you spoke to other fans at the match, I did and at half time and up until we went 2-0 up it wasnt thought of as a great performance.

All I am saying is that our general style of play is negative and slow to watch for the 38 Premier League matches . And yesterday showed our limitation on options.

Last edited:

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One other thing I thought was interesting during the game, and was clear from the highlights, was how many 50-50 type balls we punted down the pitch from in our own half. Other teams do this so much more than we do, often trying to find a striker in the channels, so I am pleased it looks like we could add it to our game. The first and third goals both came from relatively hopeful balls so they had the desired effect. More of those type of balls could be another, relatively simple, key to scoring more goals.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought you had a thing about players that wore socks around their ankles?

Or did you move on after he went to city?
They’ve got to have the calves for it mate.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to say thank you to the kind gentleman who came into the North bank bar yesterday laden with matchday programmes and proceeded to hand them out to all the youngsters in there. My daughter was most grateful.
Very kind gesture Sir, thank you.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
Watch it again, head height not waist height.

el gringo

Reaction score
Just watching the highlights - I think we saw two of the best crosses Ait-Nouri has put in all season......

; )

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the goal should have stood too.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yesterday was fine. But not great ,.

Surely you spoke to other fans at the match, I did and at half time and up until we went 2-0 up it wasnt thought of as a great performance.

All I am saying is that our general style of play is negative and slow to watch for the 38 Premier League matches . And yesterday showed our limitation on options.
Did you think we were negative and slow against Utd?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One other thing I thought was interesting during the game, and was clear from the highlights, was how many 50-50 type balls we punted down the pitch from in our own half. Other teams do this so much more than we do, often trying to find a striker in the channels, so I am pleased it looks like we could add it to our game. The first and third goals both came from relatively hopeful balls so they had the desired effect. More of those type of balls could be another, relatively simple, key to scoring more goals.
Wolves have been slow to cotton onto using this against the high press, as it is now called. Nuno used Jota in particular as his outball to negate being pressed high up the pitch, but Bruno has now started using it more systematically to exploit the space that is inevitably left in the opponents' defence. It helps that Sa and Ruddy are both fairly accurate with the long ball, and Coady, Neves and now Podence are all able to hit accurate 30 to 50 yard passes. One of the advantages that the top 3 have is the quality of their centre backs: they are generally able to cope with one on one, two on two situations and win the ball smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom