Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheff Utd verdict

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt like a routine win. Sheffield had the odd chance in the first half, but it was a mostly comfortable afternoon.

Podence man of the match.

Five wins from glory.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed that.

I'd like to See a Podence, Silva, Raul frontline, with loads of movement and the width from Semedo and RAN.

Liked that we experimented with Marcal - it didn't really work but he has the experience to bed in there if needed.

Traore was quiet, and felt Trincao did good when he came on too.

Well done to Podence, excellent.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Enjoyed that.

I'd like to See a Podence, Silva, Raul frontline, with loads of movement and the width from Semedo and RAN.

Liked that we experimented with Marcal - it didn't really work but he has the experience to bed in there if needed.

Traore was quiet, and felt Trincao did good when he came on too.

Well done to Podence, excellent.
Raul and Silva in a 3 is interesting, Raul plays wide a lot atm and they both could rotate as a target man. Would be worth a shout.

Big B

Reaction score
Ruddy 7. Did what he needed to do. Doesn’t have enough quality to play in any big game though IMO

Semedo 8. 1/1 goals from last game. Shut the stats up. Always so good now.

Marcal 3. Good on the ball, until he gifted it to opposition. Terrible marking . Clearly not good enough at cb based on that 45 mins .

Kilman 8 quality as ever

Coady 7 standard

Dendoncker 7 far better at CB

Neves 7 some great play some poor passing

Moutinho 7 tidy

Ait nouri 6. Not his greatest game but always has so much promise and creatives so much space

Podence 8 MOTM . The difference

Silva 8. Brilliant performance . Reads the game well. Has to score though.

Traore 5 quiet game today. Definitely seem half ***** pre move

Trincao 3. Painful to watch. Doesn’t put in any effort at all which is the absolute minimum you should do regardless of ability .

Jimenez 7 . Silva competition could help him. I’m not sure who I would pick next game now .
Trincao painful to watch . I wouldn’t go that far !

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too true... how many times have we been Sheffield Utd before?

Feels great to be great :)

Well done boys!
Yep same score line in the playoffs

I watched this match with some friends on TV. When we scored the first goal they could not believe I was not celebrating it. When the second came my reaction was the same. When we scored the third I punched the air with delight uttering "YYyEESSS.................Now we've got a chance". Its great to be a Wolves fan.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Lage himself would say, "There was no FACUP"
Well done boys.
He kept saying it, facup, even after the interviewers said it correctly several times F--A-- cup :grinning:

Now I'm not one to talk having only a passable but rudimentary grasp of French and to an even lesser grasp of Spanish, I did enjoy this linguistic misstep. More so as he continued it.

Well done Bruno, from this point forward I am determined to refer to the oldest football competition as:

The facup :grinning:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Flattering score line but deserved the win.

Felt we got lucky with the decision to disallow Sharp’s goal which came at a key time, even if you could see why it was given.

Semedo excellent, Podence MOTM.

Silva good first half & thought Jimenez looked sharper than he had done.

Marcal & Traore poor.

Bring on the draw.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Flattering score line but deserved the win.

Felt we got lucky with the decision to disallow Sharp’s goal which came at a key time, even if you could see why it was given.

Semedo excellent, Podence MOTM.

Silva good first half & thought Jimenez looked sharper than he had done.

Marcal & Traore poor.

Bring on the draw.

Agree with that except I don’t think the score line flattering. Agree we were lucky with their disallowed goal, but after a shaky start we dominated the game and made plenty of good chances to score. I think for once the score properly reflected our play.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I see the whole game on catchup anywhere?

King Henry VIII

Groupie
Reaction score
Shaky start was more than comfortable when Moutinho came on class made the difference
Reading this really helped hit home how far we have come these past few years.

I remember only too well being the "plucky" championship team, envious of other sides whose squads were so good they could bring on top, top players as substitutes.

Now we are a team who has the luxury of starting a strong side and still being able to bring on a player like João-****ing-Moutinho to help settle a match.

Last edited:

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I came on here to read about how we played, all I've read so far is WUM's from down the road talking about how good Fabio was!!!
Where are the Moderators to delete all these Albion windup merchants!!!
There's no way this many wolves fans have got good things to say about Fabio Silva!!!

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never really got out of second gear, but didn't need to.
Blades unlucky with the disallowed goal, but we were in control for most of the match after the first 15 mins.
Norwich likely to be much tougher, blades were hit by injuries/covid and didn't have MGW...

Looking forward to continuing the cup run.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed the game.
Didn’t enjoy the amount of people at their first match, wearing half and half scarfs who clearly don’t know the alphabet. How hard is it to find the seat on your ticket??
Well done lads and Bruno.

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to look after Podence and keep him injury free as he is our best attacking player right now. Overplays at times, frustratingly, but I’ll take that if his all round game keeps improving like it is.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else's match verdicts on here. Silva and Pod look a great combination. Hopefully we can keep Pod fit for the rest of the season and find a way to include Silva more. I still think given time that Trincao could suit their style of link up as a different option.
I watched the game on a stream with no commentary, I have to say it's the way forward.
You could hear every word of every song.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A very enjoyable afternoon. Silva looked sharp and made some excellent footballing decisions none more so than his setting up of Podence’s opening goal. Many a kid with the heavy weight of expectation would have taken the wrong option and gone for goal themselves but he showed maturity. Podence is a tricky player and really does give us something extra so maybe more game time for him is warranted? RAN was good but perhaps he needs to just do the simple thing as I think sometimes he over eggs it and the move breaks down. Everyone else put a decent shift in but today again Traore didn’t produce what we all know he has and it’s such a pity. I now feel if he goes then so be it we’ve lost better players and the saga has just gone on too long now so I’m kind of past caring.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today just showed how far away from an average Championship side we are now.

That’s an excellent point. Sheff are mid table at the moment, but have games in hand and would be around the playoff challengers if they win them. Yet today, there was a noticeable gulf in class between them and us. My wife is a Boro fan, and she didn’t want us in the draw either, and that’s a team which historically has been a bogey team for us.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, very good overall performance give or take and we have a far better squad than we lot appreciate!

Occasionally I have a sneaky look at the opposition’s forum and this comment caught my eye and made me smile!

“That my friends was a simple exhibition of class. Breaking at blistering pace with simple, clinical passes

Can't negate from how simple they made it look and how they ripped us a new on in two passes.

Had it been us, we would be creaming.”

In summing up, be grateful for what we have!
I too look at the forums mate. Evertons is pretty vicious most of the time. They are so unhappy.

Back
Top Bottom