Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheff Utd verdict

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good result

Positives
- Daniel podence - smashing little player and great link up play with…..
- Fabio Silva - really good game from the young man. Time and patience is all he needs
- Killman looks like he can play left centre back
- Dendonker looks ok at right centre back
- Cundle and Jordao got a run out

Negatives
- Sloppy passing
- Marcal doesn’t look physical enough for left centre back
- Traore at half pace today

Overall pleased with the result and into the next round. Hopefully building confidence through the team.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Another great game for Podence. Has to be one of the first names on the team sheet now. Fabio looked lively and ready for a greater role in the side. Kilman a monster at the back again and switched over to the left with ease. Ait Nouri got a great future.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good all round performance.

Really pleased for Fabio.

Pod brilliant.

Donk and Traore poor I thought. Donk when he went ti CB passed the ball fwd once when the sideways or backwards pass was closed off. Traore I think has other things on his mind.

Liked the look of the couple of touches Jordao had.

Professional 3rd performance against a lower league team. NEXT!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really enjoyed that. Thought Silva was outstanding and only a goal would have crowned what was a great performance. Three good goals from three different players is good (ok, two different players but different assists). A clean sheet from a slightly makeshift defence. No injuries.

All in all, a perfect cup performance against a decent Champ team.

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overall good performance,tightened up at the back after half time,some lovely football at times
Podence MOTM for me, closely followed by Fabio and Semedo
Be nice to get an easy home tie next,but you know it will be Chelsea away lol

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence is class!! One of the first names on the teamsheet when he is fit, our most creative player in and around the box!

Shame Fabio Silva didn't get a goal but his all around performance was good, confident he will develop into a top striker.

Ait-Nouri wasn't at his best first half but second half showed why he has to be ahead of Marcal gives us so much more going forward!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really enjoyed that. Thought Silva was outstanding and only a goal would have crowned what was a great performance. Three good goals from three different players is good. A clean sheet from a slightly makeshift defence. No injuries.

All in all, a perfect cup performance against a decent Champ team.
Would have been if Pod hadnt scored 2 lol

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Podence was superb. Fabio with an excellent first half, nice to see him get a good reception when taken off.

Job done, into the hat. Fingers crossed for a good draw.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheff Utd will feel hard done by to go behind after missing two or three really good early chances.

Thought Podence was superb, while Fabio also had a very good first half before fading as expected given his recent COVID/injury(?) struggles and barely any game time. Shame he missed that chance but his all round game was excellent first half.

Ait-Nouri was borderline woeful first half but had a strong second half. Semedo very good and pleased he got his goal.

It was always going to be a case of not looking quite right with a change in defence for the first time in ages and something for Bruno to think about in the league next week. Marcal has been excellent at LWB when called upon and actually looked decent today at LCB, but it felt like the positioning wasn't in sync with Coady and Kilman like we're used to with Saiss. Led to some big gaps and chances.

Thought Raul and Trincao both looked sharp when they came on.

Ruddy very good both with ball at his feet and everything else. Great saves from McGoldrick and Sharp.

I'd be very disappointed if their disallowed goal to make it 1-1 was at the other end. Foot slightly high but our player put his head pretty low.

Overall, very pleased we're in the draw for the next round.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Pretty much the ideal day. 3 goals, a clean sheet (admittedly a little lucky with that one), looked great going forward and a couple of ‘squad members’ doing their chances of more regular minutes a power of good.

The two wing-backs were great from an attacking perspective (that second goal was absolutely sublime). Fabio showed that he is going to become a really good player and Podence absolutely ran the show. The thought of him and a fully-fit Neto together, with Trincao and Adama as other attacking options is pretty exciting.

Ruddy 7
Kilman 8
Coady 7
Marcal 6
Semedo 8
Neves 7
Dendoncker 6
RAN 7
Adama 6
Fabio 8
Podence 9

Moutinho 7
Raul 7
Trincao 7

Enjoyable watch. Looked a class above Sheffield United and always had an extra gear to click into.

Onto the next one.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think we were great - lots of sloppy play, but too good for an average Championship side. Silva did OK, Podence was good in parts and Marcal and Coady were fine. RAN, poor, but great run and cross for the goal which Semedo finished well.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed that.

Defence was a worry, Marcal was all at sea and I think it played a part in RAN being so poor first half. The change at half time took us up a few levels and we went on and did a number on them.

Fabio was excellent. Podence was sensational. Semedo was class. Neves was superb.

The Fabio/Podence linkup was tremendous. I’d like to see Trincao for Traore in the next game and keep that front three.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
job done
put out a strong team
professional performance
into the next round
Good to see us score a few and another clean sheet
Nice to see us make a cup tie look relatively straight forwards for a change

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed that.

Defence was a worry, Marcal was all at sea and I think it played a part in RAN being so poor first half. The change at half time took us up a few levels and we went on and did a number on them.

Fabio was excellent. Podence was sensational. Semedo was class. Neves was superb.

The Fabio/Podence linkup was tremendous. I’d like to see Trincao for Traore in the next game and keep that front three.
Agree with you regarding Marcal and Ait-Nouri to me it seems Marcal needed to be more central but was way to close to Ait-Nouri which meant he didn't have the easy pass back like he would with Saiss..

Reactions: Ned
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Good performance, some sloppy passing and we should have had way more control of midfield 2nd half but overall delighted with the quality of the goals.

Fullback to fullback is as good as it gets.

Ruddy 7
Good smart save, did well

Semedo 8
Brilliant, up and down all game and a great out ball in the tight areas because he control is so good. Fabulous run and easy finish for goal.

Marcal 6
Didn't look great against physical players.

Coady 7
Sharp movement caused him concerns at times but nothing major

Kilman 8
Aggressive, strong in the tackle and carried nicely

Ait-Nouri 8
Basically played like a number 10, showed his quality and drive to get forwards.

Donk 6
Thought he looked solid defensively but on the ball some of his passing was woeful. Better defender than Marcal at CB though

Neves 6
Some nice moments but passing not up to his usual standard, thought Berge was the best midfielder on the park but he is a very good player tbf

Moutinho 7
Broke up play well and kept ball nicely, some nice interchanges with Podence

Traore 6
Pretty poor, didn't get into the game but won free kicks and got a player booked.

Fabio 8
Excellent performance, great workrate and caused problems all game. Looks so much stronger, more mobile and more confident.

Podence 9
Best player on the park, fits Bruno's inside wingers system perfectly

Trincao 6
Didn't do much of anything other than 1 pass and a nice run at the end. Just needs to influence games far, far more.

Cundle/Jordao N/A
Nice to see them get a trott.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman seemed like a National team player today.... hmmmmmmm.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva is always on the move even when receiving the ball to his feet and he looks physically ready now. Bruno and the team have clearly been working hard on him despite his limited minutes this season.

The technique and vision of Podence is excellent - just need to keep him fit now.

Marcal completely disrupted the left hand side and overall defence. We need to step up our efforts to buy a new CB this week.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage gave us a wave today...... hmmmmmmm.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruddy 7. Did what he needed to do. Doesn’t have enough quality to play in any big game though IMO

Semedo 8. 1/1 goals from last game. Shut the stats up. Always so good now.

Marcal 3. Good on the ball, until he gifted it to opposition. Terrible marking . Clearly not good enough at cb based on that 45 mins .

Kilman 8 quality as ever

Coady 7 standard

Dendoncker 7 far better at CB

Neves 7 some great play some poor passing

Moutinho 7 tidy

Ait nouri 6. Not his greatest game but always has so much promise and creatives so much space

Podence 8 MOTM . The difference

Silva 8. Brilliant performance . Reads the game well. Has to score though.

Traore 5 quiet game today. Definitely seem half ***** pre move

Trincao 3. Painful to watch. Doesn’t put in any effort at all which is the absolute minimum you should do regardless of ability .

Jimenez 7 . Silva competition could help him. I’m not sure who I would pick next game now .

Lycaon

Reaction score
Yes, very good overall performance give or take and we have a far better squad than we lot appreciate!

Occasionally I have a sneaky look at the opposition’s forum and this comment caught my eye and made me smile!

“That my friends was a simple exhibition of class. Breaking at blistering pace with simple, clinical passes

Can't negate from how simple they made it look and how they ripped us a new on in two passes.

Had it been us, we would be creaming.”

In summing up, be grateful for what we have!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve found our level :cool:

Just kidding. Excellent performance all around. Let’s hope it brings confidence for our forwards

Back
Top Bottom