Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheff Utd Verdict

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. Still miles behind Utd and Chelsea let alone the Top 2.

Totally agree with this, theres an argument to say we have done the easy bit in getting out the championship and being round the europa places, the next step up is huge. I said on another thread it took klopp 5 years to get liverpool where he wanted and Poch even longer at spurs and we are way behind them both in a financial position with FFP. Id be happy with 6-7 place and if we could somehow win the europa thats a huge huge advantage.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree with this, theres an argument to say we have done the easy bit in getting out the championship and being round the europa places, the next step up is huge. I said on another thread it took klopp 5 years to get liverpool where he wanted and Poch even longer at spurs and we are way behind them both in a financial position with FFP. Id be happy with 6-7 place and if we could somehow win the europa thats a huge huge advantage.
With this seasons relaxation in the FFP rules it might be our only chance to spend big on some top drawer 1st team upgrades.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With this seasons relaxation in the FFP rules it might be our only chance to spend big on some top drawer 1st team upgrades.
Nothing has been announced re FFP yet though and I wouldnt at all be suprised if the relaxation isnt just for EFL and down. Plus tbh, in the current climate will Fosun want to commit large amounts of money. All crystal ball stuff obviously

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah but thats more about allowing owners to put money in to keep them within FFP, not scrap it so we can go and spunk £500 million. Im sure there will be further guidelines put out nearer to the window opening.
How could we even spunk £500 million even if FFP allowed us to?
Debt? Do you think Fosun are going to pump any more money in?
I'm not saying they're not, I'm asking if you think they would.
I think FOSUN wants us to self-finance at this stage. But that's only what I think.
So I think a £500 million spunking is not for us.
:p

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think FOSUN wants us to self-finance at this stage. But that's only what I think.
Thats exactly what I was saying. I actually think we should stay self sufficient.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been fit for a while now to be fair and on the bench every game since we returned a few weeks ago. Seems Nuno isnt going to give certain players much time on the pitch and they are just sat on the bench to make up the numbers judging by yesterdays lack of substitutions. A real shame as I think some of them could make an impact and freshen things up.
I dont think salah would get game time if he came here lol. I dont think nuno likes playing new lads we've paid for

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I was saying. I actually think we should stay self sufficient.
Wave goodbye to any hopes of being top four then. I wouldn’t for a second advocate spunking £500m but this should be the transfer window where we at least try to move on to the next level of player.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wave goodbye to any hopes of being top four then. I wouldn’t for a second advocate spunking £500m but this should be the transfer window where we at least try to move on to the next level of player.
Why? Look at liverpools net spend over 10 years.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mrs E Agreed. I deleted as l initially misunderstood your point.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I find this kind of comment really infuriating

We've come so far in such a short space of time and this just smacks of being ungrateful for all the hard work that has gone into.

If breaking the top four was so easy there wouldn't even be the concept of top four and clubs who've been around the top half of the premier league way longer than we have haven't managed it.

It's going to take time and hopefully we will get there - in the meantime, enjoy the ride!!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find this kind of comment really infuriating

We've come so far in such a short space of time and this just smacks of being ungrateful for all the hard work that has gone into.

If breaking the top four was so easy there wouldn't even be the concept of top four and clubs who've been around the top half of the premier league way longer than we have haven't managed it.

It's going to take time and hopefully we will get there - in the meantime, enjoy the ride!!
I am enjoying the ride and I appreciate all the hard work but the point is we need to upgrade the 1st 11 by moving to the next level of player. We need to freshen things up and those improvements would be a big help in us progressing. If you aren’t moving forward you’re standing still.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So how are we defining no plan b. I would say changing the formation and personnel mid game absolutely is a plan b. What more would you like to see as a plan b? Rui up top, 1-1-8 formation?
There needs to be an alternative to Rui, there is none.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However Fosun are a serious investment company so their mindset is more likely to be to invest to get a return. So if they think the return will be greater than the sum invested we will get the money at the appropriate time.

Last edited:

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However Fosun are a serious investment company so there mindset is more likely to be to invest to get a return. So if they think the return will be greater than the sum invested we will get the money at the appropriate time.

I don't think Fosun are investing in wolves for a financial return, it's more around brand and reputation in industrial areas in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom