Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheff Utd Verdict

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute bore fest

We literally have nothing going forward apart from an Adama burst and cross

portugamerifinn

Groupie
Reaction score
A gut punch like that is easier to take when Wolves shows almost zero ability to threaten the goal. In the span of four days the team went from a four-way battle for the Champions League to a five-way battle for Europa League, which hurts.

As after every match like this, Wolves looked desperate for someone who can dribble in the middle of the pitch without requiring the front three to drop back to do it...

The best Wolves chance was Diogo’s excellent run that ended with the yellow card foul.

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Might be a bit of a poor run to the end of the season now with maybe 8th place being our position. Could be highlighted as going backwards but that might upset people that dont understand trajectory.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far too predictable going forwards. Everything comes from out wide and opponents take a yellow when we look like breaking lines. We desperately need a bit of variety to our attacking play starting with a bit more creativity from midfield.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sell Adama. Will stop us being a total one man team with one tactic: cross and hope and make us some dosh to improve the squad.

Saying that, bringing Leander on did **** all.

Shocking game, shocking performance and Nuno needs to sort that shower out ASAP.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the Top 4 dream surely gone; unless by the biggest possible miracle.

Seemed much better in 1st half, before a seriously dire performance in the 2nd 45, with a Gillingham 2014 repeat all over again at the end! One sub, which instantly sucked any life we had left out of us was unacceptable.

Neves was probably standout, with his smack of the white beam and his fizzing passes, during most of the game.

Immensely gutted, seeing such an opportunity slip away...

Gold Blood

Groupie
Reaction score
Like the wolves of old. Get the ball in a good position in the attacking half then play it backwards.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What were we actually trying to achieve tonight? I know we’re not a high tempo pressing team, but we just didn’t even seem to be trying to win. It was an awful performance. Think Nuno needs some criticism for that show, especially for the lack of subs. I genuinely couldn’t tell you what our gameplan was? (I’m assuming we had one) None of the players seemed to be playing with a direction or trying to grasp the game.

People saying we didn’t deserve to lose, really? Sheff Utd hardly played well, but there was only one team making an effort tonight.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our attacking game plan has turned into: Give it Adama, hope he can run past anyone and cross for Raul. That's it. We just do not create chances, we've turned into a slow, dull, boring side. I've been confident that we'll be able to hang on to our players but if we don't even get Europa... I think a few will be wanting to move on. That was an awful performance in an absolutely massive game for the club, beyond disappointed.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell Adama. Will stop us being a total one man team with one tactic: cross and hope and make us some dosh to improve the squad.

Shocking game, shocking performance and Nuno needs to sort that shower out ASAP.

Take a look in the mirror! Anyone who states to sell one of our most improved men, needs to actually consider if they back the right team...

D

Deleted member 4184

Why did we spend all week ****ing around with the government to get podence special clearance, to not even play him.
****ing ****es me off when we lose to **** teams like that.

It was clear from the first half that the system was not going to work, they stifled our chances out wide. ****ing bring on an attacking minded player like Podence to try anc create something

Jonny and Boly were ****ing atrocious today.

Chris Wilder can **** off as well

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul’s worst performance in a Wolves shirt yet?

Fair play to Sheffield United, they outplayed us at Molineux and executed the smash and grab perfectly tonight.

I love Nuno and this team. But these past two performances have been woeful. The rain certainly didn’t help tonight, but we couldn’t even do the basics and that is unacceptable at this level in a game of this importance

The way Traore, Raul and Jota played you’d be forgiven for starting to believe the rumours they see their futures elsewhere.

Not been this ****ed off with Wolves for at least 3-4 days.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find our overall performance non acceptable.
We played like cowards,and I spent whole second half waiting for a Blades goal.
In Nuno I trust..however,I will never support subbing Traore for a player like Dendoncker when the match is goalless.

We fully got what we deserved.Once again we have many players playing sub par.Jota,Doherty,Saiss..the whole midfield actually.

Even Raul is out of sorts.Currently we have one player worth watching,and we got him off so Donk could play instead.

We deserved everything we got here..nothing.

Absolutely dreadful.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but Nuno's tactics the same as when we lost in semi final against Watford. To shore up in midfield by bringing Dendocker on for Traore ..
Was giving all the incentive for Sheffield to go for the win and we settling for a draw imo.
Taking Traore off was a big mistake allowing 2 to 3 Sheffield players to have freedom of the park from there after.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two dire performances back to back. The players should hang their heads tonight, as they were poor from front to back. Need to stop starting with Adama as it’s not working - bring him on second half as we normally do. Pathetic. Utterly pathetic, and I normally see the positive!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Turgid. Abysmal. Horse****. Negative. Too scared of losing to go for it. Cumbersome. Lackadaisical. Half *****. Dull. Boring. Terrible. Lacking in urgency. Slow. Clunky.

Adama and Raul are off in a few weeks, and it shows.

Dendoncker on with 10 minutes to go was also ****ing tactical master stroke.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is getting to the stage where Nuno is like a card player having the best hand and not playing it.
We have got what we have deserved in the last two matches ..............nothing.
Nuno has to take a look at himself. If he cant be adventurous how then can we expect that from the team.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul’s worst performance in a Wolves shirt yet?

Fair play to Sheffield United, they outplayed us at Molineux and executed the smash and grab perfectly tonight.

I love Nuno and this team. But these past two performances have been woeful. The rain certainly didn’t help tonight, but we couldn’t even do the basics and that is unacceptable at this level in a game of this importance

The way Traore, Raul and Jota played you’d be forgiven for starting to believe the rumours they see their futures elsewhere.

Not been this ****ed off with Wolves for at least 3-4 days.
I’d argue we’ve been woeful since the restart

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty dire game all round. Surprised he went with 3_4_3, which is what most wanted. Thought we edged first half but second half was non existent really.

Don't know if that's down to the players or staff. Thought taking off adama for Donk made no sense, as adama was our only real threat. Don't think Sheff deserved it but they showed a bit more in terms of pushing the attack, so who knows.

Last two games have been a real kick in the nuts. Battle to hold 6th now.

Very frustrated and deflated in all honesty.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expected a much different performance today as a response, at half time we were in a decent position and were growing into the game.

Nuno lost the second half, we were crying out for a bit of fresh impetus at 60 mins to regain control of the match, surely Podence with a bit of pace and an ability to carry the ball was worth a go.

If Neto was on the bench, Jota would have been off at that point, must be incredibly frustrating for those sitting on the bench.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take a look in the mirror! Anyone who states to sell one of our most improved men, needs to actually consider if they back the right team...
Adama cant play 90 minutes. He was bang average at best tonight. I'd sell at a premium and strengthen the squad.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Worked hard but absolutely awful in possession and a negative substitution which invited pressure back onto us.

Pretty poor all round with Doherty and Boly exceptionally bad.

From the highs of 10 days ago, we have made an almighty **** up of this. No more room for errors and we’re probably going to need 7 points from the last 4 to qualify for the Europa which is a really big ask given the fixtures.

Feel for Podence. If he’s not going to get on in those circumstances, it doesn’t look good for him.

Patricio 6
Boly 4
Coady 6
Saiss 5
Doherty 4
Moutinho 5
Neves 6
Jonny 5
Adama 5
Raul 6
Diogo 5

We desperately need someone other than Adama to come to the party from an attacking perspective.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We'd be at the other end of the table without him. He only forced his way into the team after we weren't doing it without him.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we've adopted the motto - try not to lose with minimal effort and if we scav a win then all's good. Got away with it first three matches after the restart. Now it seems to be falling apart. I would never in a month of Sundays put Donk on in that scenario. Nuno has to explain his reasons. Has to because it immediately put us on the back foot. Donk himself had one touch and chased shadows - again! **** me. Having said that, so many players off it and despite that we could have been 1 up at HT with that Neves free kick. But papering over the cracks. The biggest one - last two matches - arguably - the great man and his subs. Both negative, both involving Traore, subbed off today, switched to RWB against Arsenal. Both baffling...

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last two games have been some of the worst under nuno. Understandable first halves but the second halves have been awful. In both games the subs made us very significantly worse.

We need to blood some of the bench players to freshen things up as those last four games are now must wins.

Far too defensive now.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our attacking game plan has turned into: Give it Adama, hope he can run past anyone and cross for Raul. That's it. We just do not create chances, we've turned into a slow, dull, boring side. I've been confident that we'll be able to hang on to our players but if we don't even get Europa... I think a few will be wanting to move on. That was an awful performance in an absolutely massive game for the club, beyond disappointed.
Tbh if that is what they are capable of they are free to go. Second gutless performance in a row.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Not quite good enough again for the second game running.

SU negated us real well, particularly so with stopping our recognised 2nd half better effort.

They took their opportunity at the end well - this happens.

We aren't clearly ' top-4' capable just yet. :expressionless::expressionless:

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1) Not good enough. Simple. Again, lack of creativity on the ball, midfield doesn't give the forwards proper support. The Adama-to-the-box move is so predictable, and whats the point when he crosses into empty boxes with very little players in support?

2) Adama is so much more effective off the bench. By starting Adama, what trump cards are there to bring off the bench to scare tired defenders? Especially with Neto out?

3) Why is Nuno's reluctance to use subs? We are TWELVE months into this season, use the bench and give some of these players a rest. Nuno did a wonderful job rotating players during the EL group stages, I don't understand why that has stopped. I'd like to see Vinagre, Kilman, or Jordao or Podence come on. If you can't trust them in these situations, when can you

These were two games that were must NOT to lose. Draws would have been so much better, but I fear Wolves have been dragged back into a mudfight with Spurs, ****, Sheff Utd and now even Burnley within a shout. Very concerning, all on Nuno as far as I'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom