Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Serviceman cant get a ticket

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‎Just seen this on Fb.

John Maugerto DINGLES AY WE

3 hrs ·
I'm with the military in Cyprus and I'm going to the game in Athens, I'm prepared to watch the game with the home supporters but being a wolves supporter would rather be with the wolves fans! Any ideas how I can get a ticket? I've been in touch with the ticket office at molineux but with no joy.....not a season ticket holder or even a member so no points.....I live in Cyprus!
Any help would help!
I will be there and I will get a home end ticket but as said rather be in the wolves end.
From Stafford, went to Kingston school, based at Cosford and lived in Albrighton, so not a plastic fan.....
John Mauger Well the help@wolves.co.uk site got back to me and gave me the link to purchase tickets from the ticket office so on a certain date at a certain time if I fly back from Cyprus and had a membership card with a certain amount of points (which I haven't) I could buy a ticket.........see you all in Athens, I'm in the home end, if they let me have a ticket! Lol

This is poor on Wolves part, a guy with Her Majestys Service for 24 years cant get a ticket for Olympiacos when he is stationed in Cyprus, jeez he only wants to be with Wolves fans to watch this game, Its pointless him being a season ticket holder or a member because he is stationed in Cyprus so wouldnt be able to accumulate points, surely someone at Wolves can make an exception in this guys case ?. Wolves apparently have 200 tickets for family & friends whats the harm in him having one of them, jeez he has been helping to protect the country for 24 years have some compassion..

Last edited:

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are 800 tickets left at moment so could very well make general sale so could be ok but tbf fans with the relevant points shouldn't miss out for him either.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‎Just seen this on Fb.

3 hrs ·
I'm with the military in Cyprus and I'm going to the game in Athens, I'm prepared to watch the game with the home supporters but being a wolves supporter would rather be with the wolves fans! Any ideas how I can get a ticket? I've been in touch with the ticket office at molineux but with no joy.....not a season ticket holder or even a member so no points.....I live in Cyprus!
Any help would help!
I will be there and I will get a home end ticket but as said rather be in the wolves end.
From Stafford, went to Kingston school, based at Cosford and lived in Albrighton, so not a plastic fan.....
John Mauger Well the help@wolves.co.uk site got back to me and gave me the link to purchase tickets from the ticket office so on a certain date at a certain time if I fly back from Cyprus and had a membership card with a certain amount of points (which I haven't) I could buy a ticket.........see you all in Athens, I'm in the home end, if they let me have a ticket! Lol

This is poor on Wolves part, a guy with Her Majestys Service for 24 years cant get a ticket for Olympiacos when he is stationed in Cyprus, jeez he only wants to be with Wolves fans to watch this game, Its pointless him being a season ticket holder or a member because he is stationed in Cyprus so wouldnt be able to accumulate points, surely someone at Wolves can make an exception in this guys case ?. Wolves apparently have 200 tickets for family & friends whats the harm in him having one of them, jeez he has been protecting the country for 24 years have some compassion..

Wolves always have tickets set aside for those travelling distance or for situations like this. Would suggest he rings to speak to a human rather than emailing an office bot who will just send the generic responses because they can't be bothered.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
‎Just seen this on Fb.

3 hrs ·
Any help would help!

This is poor on Wolves part, a guy with Her Majestys Service for 24 years cant get a ticket for Olympiacos when he is stationed in Cyprus, jeez he only wants to be with Wolves fans to watch this game, Its pointless him being a season ticket holder or a member because he is stationed in Cyprus so wouldnt be able to accumulate points, surely someone at Wolves can make an exception in this guys case ?. Wolves apparently have 200 tickets for family & friends whats the harm in him having one of them, jeez he has been protecting the country for 24 years have some compassion..

I've got a spare membership with enough points to buy him one tomorrow. But won't be in his name so runs a risk when trying to get in the ground.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won't get anywhere near entering the ground,cuz there's no way he will be able to collect the ticket.You not ony have to have Your name on the ticket but your passport number too.

Hope one way or another he strikes lucky,but it will most probably have to be in the home end.:(

North Bank

Reaction score
As Sketchead said above, I'm sure if he phoned someone it could get sorted out. It's not like they'll be sold out anyway at the current rate of sales so would be no harm in him buying one outright.

F

Flynn

Nobody outside the club can help him. If someone buys him a ticket, he can't collect it as he doesn't have matching ID.

The suggestion to phone the club and speak to someone is best. They'll be able to help surely.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a tough one. Coming from a family of generations of soldiers i have the up most respect for his profession but I dont see how he should be given preferential treatment really. It's like a top surgeon coming on tomorrow and saying he needs help for a ticket. I wouldn't put quite as harsh as @Newbridge Wolf but I agree with the point.
Bit harsh perhaps, I do think there should be a system in place for members of the armed services who can’t build loyalty points up. Even nurses and doctors maybe to a limited extent, they all do vital jobs serving the country, it’s not so much rewarding that, but acknowledging that they do that role that will make them miss out, but the tone of I deserve it puts me off a bit.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nobody outside the club can help him. If someone buys him a ticket, he can't collect it as he doesn't have matching ID.

The suggestion to phone the club and speak to someone is best. They'll be able to help surely.

I can. But in all honesty it's too much faffing around and I'm sure the club will sort him if he goes down the right channels.

L

LoneWolf49

Beşiktaş went down to members and that was it, so I presume this would be the same.

D

Deleted member 9788

Bit harsh perhaps, I do think there should be a system in place for members of the armed services who can’t build loyalty points up. Even nurses and doctors maybe to a limited extent, they all do vital jobs serving the country, it’s not so much rewarding that, but acknowledging that they do that role that will make them miss out, but the tone of I deserve it puts me off a bit.

I agree with you but where would that end then really? Paramedics, fire fighters, people who train guide dogs etc. It really is a tricky one.

I do believe that in certain special circumstances (the Sunderland kid bradley who was dying for example) should be made by the club themselves with hospitality etc which I'm guessing they must do. Just don't think because someone,as commendable as it is, should be given preferential treatment because they are a soldier or a doctor.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
No chance great gramps, that wimp never opened his shop nearly half the hours we do :p
An Indian guy I used to work with had a great sense of humour
He once asked me ‘Why don’t India ever qualify for the Football World Cup’?
I said I didn’t know
He said ‘Because every time they get a corner they build a shop on it ‘:D
The others were never so clean

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with you but where would that end then really? Paramedics, fire fighters, people who train guide dogs etc. It really is a tricky one.

I do believe that in certain special circumstances (the Sunderland kid bradley who was dying for example) should be made by the club themselves with hospitality etc which I'm guessing they must do. Just don't think because someone,as commendable as it is, should be given preferential treatment because they are a soldier or a doctor.
I think they’d have to do say 100 tickets a match reserved (home games), and limit it to say 5 times a season per person, first come, first served. 10 for an away game, max twice per person per season?

Joining the armed services is a life choice where you have to expect to make certain sacrifices though. You can’t just moan at the club for it.

BanburyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I made a life choice too, to live in Arizona. I just have to accept that I'm not going to accrue points, and that the away European games I do go to will depend on demand.

Thankfully, Braga ticked the boxes and despite the weather and the police, I had a great time with my old man. A dream realised. If Olympiakos makes members/general sale, the ability to get a ticket and the ever expanding coronavirus concern (last away day in front of fans?) means that if I can convince my old man again, we'll go.

Like others have said, it might allow those without AST, gold, silver, pewter, whatever, to get to a game. You've got to take what you can get in my position. But I'm sat in a park right now on my lunch break, and it's 25°, so...

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‎Just seen this on Fb.

3 hrs ·
I'm with the military in Cyprus and I'm going to the game in Athens,
This is poor on Wolves part, a guy with Her Majestys Service for 24 years cant get a ticket for Olympiacos when he is stationed in Cyprus, jeez surely someone at Wolves can make an exception in this guys case ?. Wolves apparently have 200 tickets for family & friends whats the harm in him having one of them, jeez he has been helping to protect the country for 24 years have some compassion..

But he can get a ticket for Olympiacos ---dont think that its poor on Wolves part at all , how many military ( current or ex) guys here on Mol Mix could use the argument --no sorry sit wherever you can , I am sure that there would be UK based Wolves fans that would sit with him in the home end to keep him company perhaps that would be a nice offer from him ??

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’s got a supporter number he can buy one in the away end soon.

SouthBankHobbs

Reaction score
If he hasn’t got a supporter number then he just needs to register online and then buy a membership for £30, he’ll then be able to purchase a ticket from 10am tomorrow. It’ll cost the additional £30 membership fee but surely better than missing out?

Back
Top Bottom