Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Semedo

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for me he has all the skills and quality, its just his decision making that sometime lest him down, or lapse of concentration defending.
Question is how much of that is instinct and natural ability, and how much can be taught. Think he can learn improve in the areas he's lacking but its going to take hard work, then hopefully as he learns it will be making the right decisions without having to think about it too much

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really like Nelson. Takes up some brilliant positions and is superb driving with the ball. Good at defending one-on-ones as well thanks to his great pace.

Obviously makes a mistake now and then and given the positions he gets in, he should be getting regular assists, but if he added that to his game he wouldn't be playing for us lot. They all have limitations, hence why they play for Wolves.

I haven't scrolled up but can imagine he's getting some stick for Tottenham's goal, which is hilarious. Joao Gomes' fault and nobody else's - the run was coming from Porro and he stuck his arm out and asked somebody else to track it instead as he couldn't be bothered to cover it. But it doesn't matter, he went on to have a great game overall.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He is better than he was but jeez in a right wing back I expect a player who can take the ball forward and deliver a decent cross . I would love somebody to come up with his games played stats which include assists and goals scored. Definitely needs upgrading with a younger energetic version -pity we have 2 really excellent young left wing backs and two aged error prone options at right wing back

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly the attacker dosn't always have the advantage, good defenders will always seek to take that off them and will quite often succeed, as for Semedo being in a reactive state that is hilarious, he couldn't react to Johnson's movement because he hadn't got a ****ing clue where he was, a decent defender would have been constantly glancing across to see where the player was and had his body shape set to deal with the situation.
Yes, the idea that we shouldn't blame him because the left winger (his main opponent on the pitch) managed to steal a march on him, is strange to say the least. Had Son stolen a march on Dawson in much the same way, especially if he weren't paying attention, he would rightly be apportioned the majority of blame. Just because he wasn't the only player at fault (Toti and RAN didn't cover themselves in glory either) doesn't mean we shouldn't highlight that he tends to fall prey to this kind of goal.

As for Doc, how will we know he can't do better if he doesn't get a run in the side? People say he looks off it physically - no ****. He's barely being given a chance to play.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, the idea that we shouldn't blame him because the left winger (his main opponent on the pitch) managed to steal a march on him, is strange to say the least. Had Son stolen a march on Dawson in much the same way, especially if he weren't paying attention, he would rightly be apportioned the majority of blame. Just because he wasn't the only player at fault (Toti and RAN didn't cover themselves in glory either) doesn't mean we shouldn't highlight that he tends to fall prey to this kind of goal.

As for Doc, how will we know he can't do better if he doesn't get a run in the side? People say he looks off it physically - no ****. He's barely being given a chance to play.
Doc is miles better end of conversation. No coincidence we scored two when Semedo was off the pitch. Doc also came close to scoring

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really like Nelson. Takes up some brilliant positions and is superb driving with the ball. Good at defending one-on-ones as well thanks to his great pace.

Obviously makes a mistake now and then and given the positions he gets in, he should be getting regular assists, but if he added that to his game he wouldn't be playing for us lot. They all have limitations, hence why they play for Wolves.

I haven't scrolled up but can imagine he's getting some stick for Tottenham's goal, which is hilarious. Joao Gomes' fault and nobody else's - the run was coming from Porro and he stuck his arm out and asked somebody else to track it instead as he couldn't be bothered to cover it. But it doesn't matter, he went on to have a great game overall.
Really ? Surely Brennan Johnson was Semedos man ! Great game overall ? I’m afraid you must have missed his constant back passes and poor crosses

SheldonWolf

Reaction score
Just a different perspective but corners aside (they were awful)……

Our crossing was generally dreadful yesterday.

It if your Semedo, Ait Nouri and you’ve got the ball and you look up to see who’s in the box and there’s nobody there. Or Hwang on his own with 3 defenders so you can’t cross the ball at the opportune moment. You end up playing a “second best” pass or a 50/50 cut back……you look like the villain when actually it’s because there’s nobody to get the ball to in the box which is making you look a bad player.

It doesn’t excuse EVERYTHING, but I’m convinced the lack of targets in the box means the wide players can’t “flow” as naturally as they should.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just a different perspective but corners aside (they were awful)……

Our crossing was generally dreadful yesterday.

It if your Semedo, Ait Nouri and you’ve got the ball and you look up to see who’s in the box and there’s nobody there. Or Hwang on his own with 3 defenders so you can’t cross the ball at the opportune moment. You end up playing a “second best” pass or a 50/50 cut back……you look like the villain when actually it’s because there’s nobody to get the ball to in the box which is making you look a bad player.

It doesn’t excuse EVERYTHING, but I’m convinced the lack of targets in the box means the wide players can’t “flow” as naturally as they should.
That's fair, except there must have been half a dozen times when Semedo did just that and failed to find a team mate who was 10 yards away.

T

TheConcourse

Firstly the attacker dosn't always have the advantage, good defenders will always seek to take that off them and will quite often succeed, as for Semedo being in a reactive state that is hilarious, he couldn't react to Johnson's movement because he hadn't got a ****ing clue where he was, a decent defender would have been constantly glancing across to see where the player was and had his body shape set to deal with the situation.
You don’t think the attacker has an advantage? So the defender controls their movement?

Oooookay.

You’re talking the smallest of margins. Looking over your shoulder every 0.5 seconds might not be enough if when you look at the ball the attacker has gone.

And you’re still not acknowledging what came before. I’ll wait.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shall we get Big Sam in to pick him as a starter?
Did you hear Gaz speak highly of him. No doubt Sam will be back in a job soon. Would of been nice if at some point he got a chance at his boyhood club?? Fairytale ending you could say

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone told me he'd broken a metatarsal

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand how semedo can’t be coached to cross or shoot.

Really not difficult skills when you take into account what else he does with the ball

JJ59

Reaction score
I respect your opinion on many issues but not this one....

I would prefer if we never had to deal with West Ham ever again. I had the misfortune to end up with the home supporters at Stratford our first season back in EPL with Nuno. A game we won late on. To me their fans are the EPL equivalent of Millwall fans, absolutely no class and little football intelligence. Their manager can never give us any credit, it seems he always has the view that Wolves winning is inexplicable as his team were so much better. Remember the Dawson transfer saga which they dragged on and on. I am sure that we dropped points because his arrival was delayed. The Aaron Cresswell transfer failed, Mark Robson their 2nd team trainer was promoted by Moyes to prevent him joining GON at Wolves. Plus they force away fans to walk miles around the perimeter of the Olympic park when much much shorter routes are available. Rant over.

T

TheConcourse

You'll realise how good Semedo is when he's gone. He'll be very hard to replace. Not many better rwb in the Premier league.
You’ll get some sarcastic responses, but I think you’re right.

We see WB’s get skinned for fun by our players week on week, but Nelson is usually tough to beat, and often doubled up against.

Anyway, it goes against the narrative, but he’s a solid WB.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You'll realise how good Semedo is when he's gone. He'll be very hard to replace. Not many better rwb in the Premier league.
Agree completely, we have a team at present that is just starting to gain some momentum, our success is a collection of the parts. But the need for some to continually find fault with certain players blows my mind, there is no perfect player they all make mistakes, Jesus wept Diago Costa did very little but was worshipped by many on this site.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither did our forwards for 3 years. How prolific are our other full backs?
Ait nouri - 3 goals and 3 assists in a fraction of the pitch time it has taken semedo to get 1 goal and 3 assists. So is more prolific and on minutes to games far more dangerous for assists too.

Bueno 1 assist in 27 appearances, but is a rookie player.

Doc - 8 goals and 8 assists, in less prem appearances for us than semedo……

So he is behind a young player in ait nouri, who surpassed him in less games for goals and equal assists. And well behind DOC, having played many more goals in docs combined wolves stints on prem goals alone.

I can add cup goals and he falls even further behind Doc

Reactions: Ian

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sorry to keep saying, but he's a waste of good oxygen. You could replace his impact with half the fullbacks in the championship, take your pick and they wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as Semedo is most weeks.

However, In fairness he as improved. He gone from abject dross every game to reasonable OK two out of three games. But he is still constantly out of position and he contributes nothing going forward.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait nouri - 3 goals and 3 assists in a fraction of the pitch time it has taken semedo to get 1 goal and 3 assists. So is more prolific and on minutes to games far more dangerous for assists too.

So he is behind a young player in ait nouri, who surpassed him in less games for goals and equal assists. And well behind DOC, having played many more goals in docs combined wolves stints on prem goals alone.

Blah Blah you managed to scat together a whopping total of 3 goals and us the word prolific, I need to look that up, with regard to Doc unfortunately he is yesterdays news, but let the dislike of our current right back continue.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not always convinced me but he's done well this season. We can go on about the past but it's not entirely relevant. Some of the recent character assassinations posts are a bit unfair.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sorry to keep saying, but he's a waste of good oxygen. You could replace his impact with half the fullbacks in the championship, take your pick and they wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as Semedo is most weeks.

However, In fairness he as improved. He gone from abject dross every game to reasonable OK two out of three games. But he is still constantly out of position and he contributes nothing going forward.
Talk absolute rubbish

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blah Blah you managed to scat together a whopping total of 3 goals and us the word prolific, I need to look that up, with regard to Doc unfortunately he is yesterdays news, but let the dislike of our current right back continue.
For wing backs and at a much younger age, with less minutes in a wolves shirt. Their minutes to goals are much better than nelson.

Semedo for his; age, experience and minutes in a wolves shirt is woefully underperforming compared to ait nouri in the goal contribution front.

You will get Doc’s stats in a wolves shirt with a simple google search.

We overpaid Massively for him based on the return he has given us interms of number of good performances compared to bad ones since he signed.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I find this " waste of good oxygen " line you trot out all the time about him pretty distasteful. You dont like him as a footballer and can debate that but the man is entitled to breath and life like the rest of us. Unless you really think he shouldn't be breathing ?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For wing backs and at a much younger age, with less minutes in a wolves shirt. Their minutes to goals are much better than nelson.

Semedo for his; age, experience and minutes in a wolves shirt is woefully underperforming compared to ait nouri in the goal contribution front.

You will get Doc’s stats in a wolves shirt with a simple google search.

We overpaid Massively for him based on the return he has given us interms of number of good performances compared to bad ones since he signed.
Re your last para l assume that is why West Ham seem set to offer us pretty much all of our money back?

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc is finished. Slower than a dead horse in the maggot factory.

But still more of an attacking threat than Nelson! and without looking up stats I would guess was far less culpable for goals conceded than Semedo has been.
Unfortunately I agree Doc’s best is behind him so bringing in another Rb/ RWB will be a priority sooner rather than later.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Doc's completely finished.

Back
Top Bottom