Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Ticket prices 23/24 (announced)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I don’t think we should be facing increases this year, you can’t turn round and say an additional £1 million income makes no difference whatsoever. Yes it’s a very small part of our total income but that’s probably covered the increase the club has seen in standard operating costs in respect of things like utility bills and commercial insurance. Both of which as an example are at least 15-20% increased on last year.
You can't level a reasoned argument at the man, he's been rubbing his hands together waiting for the increase ever since his scorched earth prediction of relegation never came to fruition.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would have been nice for a freeze this time after recent price rises. My son and me will renew, however we've always attended the early round cup games , but will knock them on the head next season as to keep cost down.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I can.

If Wolves didn't put the prices up, would anything change? Would they be able to cover the utility bills? Yes. The commercial insurance? Yes. Will it impact the players we sign? No. The wages we offer to players? No.

If Wolves did not put this extra charge on the fans, nothing would change in how we operate.

Some sense at last. Honestly blows my mind what I'm reading today. I wonder what the breaking point will actually be for some of those defending this ****? Perhaps they'll find out sooner than they think.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those in the Steve Bull, what's the reason you are choosing to stay there and not relocate to another stand?
Because it’s our stand, pity Fosun didn’t let us have it cheap in the first season when no one wanted to be in J 1 or 10. They’re soon milking the cash cow. I’ll say it again £441 for a 17 year old is scandalous

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll probably renew in J10. I'm back row so I can stand and the atmosphere is decent. I feel like a mug though at £722, we are hostages here.

A couple of questions:
- do people think seats will become available in the South Bank, and when do we relocate?
- do we sell season tickets in the quadrant? I'd be happy with one at the back.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some sense at last. Honestly blows my mind what I'm reading today. I wonder what the breaking point will actually be for some of those defending this ****? Perhaps they'll find out sooner than they think.
It's the same every year.

They're brainwashed and it's not just our fans, it's football fans in general. They will do anything to defend the club, we see it time and time again. In this case though, it is hard to understand. The figures tell the story. When I get people trying to pretend £1m actually makes a difference to a club that has £180m in revenues I gave up!

It's pure greed for Wolves to raise the prices once again. #OnePack

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club is serious about going for top 7 and spending big I don’t mind paying to see good football and players but until Jules come in was awful serious investment now come on lads
When does that argument reach the point of exhaustion though? Would you be happy paying Chelsea prices to see CL football? I know I wouldn't. Personally, I'd rather rely almost exclusively on TV money and have cheap STs.

Also, the club can't keep asking for a better atmosphere (whoever's putting 'louder' on the big screens needs to behave) when they're pricing fans out. There's a direct relationship between level of support and ticket prices in my opinion.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They're brainwashed and it's not just our fans, it's football fans in general. They will do anything to defend the club, we see it time and time again. In this case though, it is hard to understand. The figures tell the story. When I get people trying to pretend £1m actually makes a difference to a club that has £180m in revenues I gave up!

Completely agree. Nothing but greed, and done so because they know they can get away with it. And whilst it won't necessarily be apparent overnight, pricing fans out will eventually kill atmospheres. There isn't a sensible person out there who hand on heart believes this latest hike will have any impact whatsoever on the clubs ability to spend money elsewhere. At a time where plenty of people needed a helping hand, the clubs grubby mitts have asked for more. And seeing so many jump to defend it really is just sad.

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll probably renew in J10. I'm back row so I can stand and the atmosphere is decent. I feel like a mug though at £722, we are hostages here.

A couple of questions:
- do people think seats will become available in the South Bank, and when do we relocate?
No season tickets in the Quad.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A couple of questions:
I think that there will be lots of shuffling around - lots of folk will want to be in the standing sections and some already in there will want to move elsewhere.

Bilston paul

Groupie
Reaction score
Would have been nice for a freeze this time after recent price rises. My son and me will renew, however we've always attended the early round cup games , but will knock them on the head next season as to keep cost down.
Would be nice if they included the early cup games on your season ticket especially the league cup as crowds usually low for those games.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£345 when we won the championship in 17/18, now £625 to watch the lowest scorers in the league, who’ve averaged less than a goal a game for 3 years.

81% increase.

They’ve got you by the balls though, and they know it.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A couple of questions:

We must be very near each other!

But I won’t be renewing, Everton last game for me as an STH.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Last time we had a rise in prices I vowed never to purchase anything in the stadium again, iv managed to stick to that! This new rise and I'm looking again where I can cut costs and it has to be the magastore...

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last time we had a rise in prices I vowed never to purchase anything in the stadium again, iv managed to stick to that! This new rise and I'm looking again where I can cut costs and it has to be the magastore...

This is what these prats fail to realise. Plenty of fans spending an extra 70 pound a year on their season ticket will simply cancel out that sort of amount if not more elsewhere regarding the club, out of principle or because they need to.

So suddenly person X doesn't buy a replica home and away shirt anymore. And doesn't buy a few drinks in the ground each game. Which effectively means the club lose money in the pursuit of greed.

Last edited:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same here. Never buy a thing in the stadium, not even a bottle of water. I bring in anything I need.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You gave up as your argument simply doesn’t stack up. It’s a business, you can’t simply judge it on income and ignore expenditure, that’s just silly talk.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They're just sheep unfortunately, happy to go into bat for the big corporates.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what these prats fail to realise. Plenty of fans spending an extra 70 pound a year on their season ticket will simply cancel out that sort of amount if not more elsewhere regarding the club, out of principle or because they need to.
Who are these prats? In the same way it’s someone’s perogative not to spend in the ground, surely the same applies for those that aren’t losing their mind over an increase.

I’m sure we’d all like to not see an increase but that’s life right now. I’d rather not pay an extra 30p a pint in my local or an extra £300 a year on utilities, or generally see inflation over 10%.

Question, do you genuinely think the current financial crisis and inflation rate has absolutely no affect on the football club?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're just sheep unfortunately, happy to go into bat for the big corporates.
Do you drive a car? Have a Netflix account? Own a pair of Nike/adidas trainers? Own a mobile? If so you go into bay every single day for the big corporates.

Or do you go to work on a donkey and pay for your season ticket with blankets.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@WeAreTheWolvesII laughing but still can’t answer the question. Well done.

Answer the next one if you want. Do you really think the current financial crisis and inflation rate has absolutely no affect on the clubs expenditure despite revenue being pretty much the same?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're allowed to bring in food and drink?
As long as it isn't in tins or glass bottles? Absolutely. You always have been (other than alcohol, obviously) in sensible quantities - a two litre bottle of water or coke could be an issue. Some stewards may ask you to remove bottle tops though

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who are these prats?

Question, do you genuinely think the current financial crisis and inflation rate has absolutely no affect on the football club?

1 - The decision makers regarding prices

2- And to be honest, yes. I think it has next to no affect whatsoever on a PL football club. Had prices been frozen, in what way would Wolves have suffered financially, other than a drop in the ocean relatively speaking?

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'll renew South Bank. Six per cent overall not too bad. Will they dare put up the away season ticket price tho ?

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
My 2 tickets seem to only be costing an extra 88p per month. Not sure why but it makes it an easy decision (wolves cash more than covers the difference). But I feel for those that have had a considerable hike, especially considering the dross that’s been served up for much of the season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My 2 tickets seem to only be costing an extra 88p per month. Not sure why but it makes it an easy decision (wolves cash more than covers the difference). But I feel for those that have had a considerable hike, especially considering the dross that’s been served up for much of the season.
Have you become eligible for the Over65 ticket? Or do you go with a 13 or 14 year old who now gets cheaper tickets? Those seems like the obvious reasons for no/very low rise.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you drive a car? Have a Netflix account? Own a pair of Nike/adidas trainers? Own a mobile? If so you go into bay every single day for the big corporates.

Or do you go to work on a donkey and pay for your season ticket with blankets.
I think there's a difference between paying those things because it's necessary and then defending the price that some of these corporations are charging. It's corporate greed.

Easy to see how the Tories are still in power while they oversee a managed decline of this country and its living standards when people like you are more than content to do everything in their power to defend the already rich and powerful.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Answer the next one if you want. Do you really think the current financial crisis and inflation rate has absolutely no affect on the clubs expenditure despite revenue being pretty much the same?
We've already established that such a price increase is small change for a PL club. Perhaps we could stop spending £30m a Summer on Mendes ****e like Guedes instead, that would be nice.

Plenty of money to fill their mate's pockets but no time to look after their fanbase.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Of course I'm laughing, you're point is so irrelevant in the big picture and you're continuing to push it. It's idiotic.

The vast majority of our income comes from the TV. That has not been impacted.
The vast majority of our outgoings will be wages. Anything else going up won't make a dent really as the income is so considerable.

£1m extra in income doesn't change a thing for Wolves and it's genuinely staggering that you believe it does. Well, it's not, but it should be.

Back
Top Bottom