Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Ticket prices 23/24 (announced)

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I’m very disappointed that our club have increased prices. Not so much of a community minded club as they portray. But hey, there’s a waiting list and there will always be a ‘Vinny’. So I’m dispensable.

Like others have said before though, I will find money to renew but make no mistake, it’s a big hit for my family. Me and my two u21 ‘kids’ who are both still in education (i.e, skint) now costs £1400. Leaves a bit of a bad taste tbh.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Wolves is a business and like most businesses they want to maximise their revenue.

Its not nice but its the truth.

All the #onepack stuff is bull**** at a gullible audience.

Do they have to raise prices? No.

Do they want to raise prices? Yes.

But yes I have still renewed.
Simple as this.
Nothing to do with what they need, inflation or anything else. Just priced to maximise revenue.
6% is roughly average pay rises, although of course that just means most people have less disposable income.
We're just customers behaving like addicts as ever

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question re expenditure. But that affects everyone regardless of league they are in. A similar size club to wolves in champ will still have the same running costs. Yes PL matchdays may cost more but that's what the PL money is for. If the argument is for cost of living and energy increases then all similar size grounds will be the same no? But we pay more for the 'product' on offer. But we won't eat into inflated cost that to cover utility rises...
That’s why you’ll see several clubs below the EPL in administration next season.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City £350 hahaha fosun bunch of robdogs

I will carry on picking up the odd game myself

Having looked at those prices it’s clear we are 50-80 quid to high but are you seriously comparing our prices to Man City’s???

Clubs like Man City and West Ham have no choice but to sell them that cheap otherwise they would be playing in a half empty stadium!!!

worc_wolf

Reaction score
I don't think the price is too bad behind the goals, although the Steve bull is overpriced the facilities are ****e .

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My biggest shock on this thread is Stevebullsknee and Flump defending all and sundry by the club and speaking down to anyone who dare be critical. Huge shock that.

For the record I can sort of see both sides of the argument on this one but the club could have easily frozen prices this year and that cant really be denied.

Reaction score
Fosun are a hard nosed investment corporation and they are here to make a profit, not worry about whether Joe Bloggs can afford a season ticket.

The only time it would be an issue is if there were 10000 empty seats every week, then they would have to do the maths to see if a price reduction would increase total revenue.

Im not justifying it, or agreeing with it, but thats the way it is (in my opinion).

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is all I will say on the matter and apologies to Flump and Stevebullsknee and the rest of this thread for jumping in.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Have you become eligible for the Over65 ticket? Or do you go with a 13 or 14 year old who now gets cheaper tickets? Those seems like the obvious reasons for no/very low rise.
Nope. Not 65 (though I feel like it). My lad has turned 16. Confused by it all but happy enough.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that would be more for the way they are run than anything to do with covering the electric bill.
Football clubs are under severe pressure due to the energy crisis. Massive users of Electricity, gas and water. Like all businesses they budget for that but they won’t have budgeted a 30% minimum increase. Depending on tariffs some are seeing 200% increases

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having looked at those prices it’s clear we are 50-80 quid to high but are you seriously comparing our prices to Man City’s???

Clubs like Man City and West Ham have no choice but to sell them that cheap otherwise they would be playing in a half empty stadium!!!
It’s a real misnomer about West Ham. Yes there are cheap tickets, but they are also in crap seats. My mate is a STH there and his ST is well over a grand

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If you could afford your ticket this season then you'll have absolutely no problems next as prices of energy and food will be significantly down
I won't hold my breath. Rishi says he wants to reduce inflation to 5% doesn't he? Expecting deflation seems a tad optimistic.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess then if we had got relegated, the prices woukd have still gone up.

After all the utility companies wouldn’t care what Division we were in.

Vinny would have spun it that we were getting extra games.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly but I am tired of some of the posters on here constantly going at other posters. Rosehill getting constant digs which to his credit he largely ignores.
Rosie is a big boy who can, judging by the responses he makes, look after himself. To be fair he was epically wrong (again!) about both us going down and the **** making the playoffs. Having made a song and dance about both of those he was always going to get some stick.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does the club run any sort of scheme that could help some families that are struggling to afford family season tickets? I think there should at least be something in this regard if there isn’t already.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just saddens me that quite a few people are gradually being priced out of watching their club in the flesh.
To a point I agree but the fact is there are people who will pay it.

I can’t believe some people are actually arguing about the costs going up not being a factor in the increase they have given.

The increase for businesses for energy is mind blowing. The company I work for has a number of large warehouses and the costs that we have incurred as a result is unprecedented. A decision had to be made as to how to cover this, some of it has been taken as a hit but some has been passed on to customers.

I think people just see the team on the pitch and see that as costs, fact is we have ‘normal’ people behind the scenes who will have all had their own personal changes in finance and will have probably had pay rises themselves. It all adds up!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can’t believe some people are actually arguing about the costs going up not being a factor in the increase they have given.

The increase for businesses for energy is mind blowing. The company I work for has a number of large warehouses and the costs that we have incurred as a result is unprecedented. A decision had to be made as to how to cover this, some of it has been taken as a hit but some has been passed on to customers.

I think people just see the team on the pitch and see that as costs, fact is we have ‘normal’ people behind the scenes who will have all had their own personal changes in finance and will have probably had pay rises themselves. It all adds up!
A well considered post, thank you. Says, far more eruditely than my efforts, what l feel.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly. I don’t see how people think it’s irrelevant

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does the club run any sort of scheme that could help some families that are struggling to afford family season tickets? I think there should at least be something in this regard if there isn’t already.
While we are all passionate about wolves, the reality is it’s not an essential.

Putting a roof over your head and food on the table is.

Do venues offer it for gigs?

I understand people’s situations vary but let’s be honest Fosun are an investment company and their aim is to make money. Right now, they feel they can increase prices and still have demand. The question is where do they see the tipping point.

It’s the world we live in unfortunately.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just saddens me that quite a few people are gradually being priced out of watching their club in the flesh.
Thing is JOS is that not the way with everything?
I had a membership at a golf club many years ago, but when the price went over £300 - that’s was it for me, I didn’t play enough to justify it.
Barely go to gigs anymore, as I think the prices are a rip off. £100-150 for a **** ticket in an arena concert. Not a ****ing chance I’ll be paying it.

all those bemoaning it bemoan an increase every year. It’s a business not a charity. I understand the dynamic is different because we have an emotional attachment, but at the end of the day literally everything is going up.

The argument about £1m in revenue is a bit of gaslighting really. £1m in loss revenue, but £2m in increased costs is a £3m nett change. The same argument was used last year, that swing would now be £6m. The same argument will be reeled out next year - that’s now getting up to £10m
At what point does a price rise become acceptable?

I lose track of the number of posts on here talking about betting ( £100’s on random bets to sweeten our relegation or Albion to go up). Add to them the pub threads, drug use threads… you name it. Seems to be a lot of disposable income for many that attend matches (not all I accept) - but £40-50 increase on a ST?? Hmm

I get it that some people will be priced out, but some people have always been priced out haven’t they? Not everyone has always been able to afford to go, no matter how much they’d have wanted too.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Jos there are hundreds of families that use Foodbank’s we have a massive homeless problem season tickets are a luxury not a necessity

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is JOS is that not the way with everything?
I had a membership at a golf club many years ago, but when the price went over £300 - that’s was it for me, I didn’t play enough to justify it.
Barely go to gigs anymore, as I think the prices are a rip off. £100-150 for a **** ticket in an arena concert. Not a ****ing chance I’ll be paying it.

all those bemoaning it bemoan an increase every year. It’s a business not a charity. I understand the dynamic is different because we have an emotional attachment, but at the end of the day literally everything is going up.

The argument about £1m in revenue is a bit of gaslighting really. £1m in loss revenue, but £2m in increased costs is a £3m nett change. The same argument was used last year, that swing would now be £6m. The same argument will be reeled out next year - that’s now getting up to £10m
At what point does a price rise become acceptable?

I lose track of the number of posts on here talking about betting ( £100’s on random bets to sweeten our relegation or Albion to go up). Add to them the pub threads, drug use threads… you name it. Seems to be a lot of disposable income for many that attend matches (not all I accept) - but £40-50 increase on a ST?? Hmm

I get it that some people will be priced out, but some people have always been priced out haven’t they? Not everyone has always been able to afford to go, no matter how much they’d have wanted too.
Balanced as ever, sir.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Could I lose the seats if it turns out not to be possible?
No, you log in , can have a look round to see what's available, then click on seats u want & follow instructions, but and it's a big but, don't give up hope when u go on as lots of people change so then their seats become available, I changed my hubby's & sons on the last day of the window, 2 fabulous seats just popped up that definitely weren't there the previous 2 days

GV Wolf

Reaction score
I don't think the price is too bad behind the goals, although the Steve bull is overpriced the facilities are ****e .
The price is high behind the goals compared to other clubs whereas the side stands are not that overpriced compared to other clubs. There was an identical discussion in last years season ticket price thread.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The price is high behind the goals compared to other clubs whereas the side stands are not that overpriced compared to other clubs. There was an identical discussion in last years season ticket price thread.
I compared the prices behind the goal to loads of other premier league clubs last summer, ours were very expensive in comparison to most.

Back
Top Bottom