Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He probably is ready for that.
However Liverpool was always going to require a striker manically running round and closing down the opposition; the kind of sharp turning, stopping and starting that would put strain on his injury.
I can see why they may have thought Silva was a sensible choice at that time.

I honestly think Gary just doesnt fancy him as a player.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly think Gary just doesnt fancy him as a player.
I don’t think this has got anything to do with him not playing but I’m struggling to see how he’s going to fit in to GON’s high, mental press. Hopefully when he’s fit we tweak a few things to get the best out of him.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An awful injury which needs carefully managed at the best of times but with Sasa you also have to take into account he’s also a “big unit” so needs managing through it even more.
Exactly, it is a long season so let’s not lose a player long term for only a potential short term one

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I kind of feel like Nuno did that with Jonny. And Bruno did it with literally everyone!
To be fair to Lage the medical staff then were bloody woeful which certainly wouldn't have helped.

Hadn't really thought about the Nuno/Jonny situation but l can see your point.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think when we can finally start a fit Sasa, our forward play will be transformed.
Neto is looking sharp, fast, hungry, and whipping on delicious crosses. Hwang seemingly has that poachers nose for chances, so with a proper centre forward attracting attention he should get even more tap ins.

None of it sticks or works without a target man though, and Cunha is just so frighteningly bad in front of goal. Never seen a forward with less composure.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think when we can finally start a fit Sasa, our forward play will be transformed.
Neto is looking sharp, fast, hungry, and whipping on delicious crosses. Hwang seemingly has that poachers nose for chances, so with a proper centre forward attracting attention he should get even more tap ins.

None of it sticks or works without a target man though, and Cunha is just so frighteningly bad in front of goal. Never seen a forward with less composure.
You've not just started supporting Wolves, have you? :)

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've not just started supporting Wolves, have you? :)
Ha, no. I should have been more clear, lack of composure and finishing ability compared to their obvious technical or general natural ability.
So yes, I find Cunha’s blunders in front of goal far worse than the myriad limited players we’ve had over the years. The Neck and the Egg were probably just as bad in front of goal, but at least they were generally terrible as well.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha, no. I should have been more clear, lack of composure and finishing ability compared to their obvious technical or general natural ability.
So yes, I find Cunha’s blunders in front of goal far worse than the myriad limited players we’ve had over the years. The Neck and the Egg were probably just as bad in front of goal, but at least they were generally terrible as well.
To be fair, Jiminez had a shocking miss at West Ham very early in his debut season, but he settled down.. I expect he wants to do well and just needs to chill. I think Cunha will be very streaky and could easily score 4-5 games in a row in occasion, but for now, he's not a reliable source of goals. "The neck" :tearsofjoy: jesus... almost forgot about him... cheers!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My vote for “lack of composure” will always go to Frankowski. If he was still here now he’d still be on zero goals. That miss on Good Friday against Watford makes Cunha look like Bully

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It will be fine. A goal a game considering our start is okay. I think Fabio will start to do it against the weaker defences in the league. Bellegarde looks good too. I think we'll get in the mid 40s to early 50s with goals, and concede about 50. Which will do me because I've been goal starved.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My vote for “lack of composure” will always go to Frankowski. If he was still here now he’d still be on zero goals. That miss on Good Friday against Watford makes Cunha look like Bully
Which on the other hand means that it's all in the head. Frankowski banged them in with on a very good ratio pretty much everywhere else he played, including scoring important goals for Poland. I hope Cunha may still become more prolific.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Which on the other hand means that it's all in the head. Frankowski banged them in with on a very good ratio pretty much everywhere else he played, including scoring important goals for Poland. I hope Cunha may still become more prolific.
Thinking too much instead of playing on instinct is a massive problem for us currently IMO. It's just typical of what happens to struggling teams desperate to do better. Probably the two most significant incidents on Saturday were Cunha deciding to rise magnificently to head in a ball that was about to hit him waist high and Sa deciding half way through a quick kick out that maybe he should take his time.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thinking too much instead of playing on instinct is a massive problem for us currently IMO. It's just typical of what happens to struggling teams desperate to do better. Probably the two most significant incidents on Saturday were Cunha deciding to rise magnificently to head in a ball that was about to hit him waist high and Sa deciding half way through a quick kick out that maybe he should take his time.
While l agree a head coach who demands rigid position keeping and doesn't allow players to play their natural game is hardly going to help.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frankowski is mow a leading Fascist

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just get him in now- it's been almost 13 months. Sasa, Neto and Hwang should be the front three on form.

Fabio, Cunha and Sarabia need to have bit part roles until they become more clinical.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's nowhere near ready.

He really should be out on loan playing against men at a competitive level rather than bullying kids in our U23s or wasting away on our bench.

Massive oversight by those at the club.
He could go out in January if Sasa proves his fitness.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I love it when a kid comes through, and I've only seen Fraser play in the flesh at the Blackpool game, but I can't help getting some Chem Campbell 12 month on déjà vu. I respect people who watch loads of the u21s etc, but they do often seem to get way too excited about youth prospects.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love it when a kid comes through, and I've only seen Fraser play in the flesh at the Blackpool game, but I can't help getting some Chem Campbell 12 month on déjà vu. I respect people who watch loads of the u21s etc, but they do often seem to get way too excited about youth prospects.
Fair play but can't be any worse than what we have up top at the moment can he ?.

Not saying he will be the answer but sometimes youth players have no fear and don't give a **** attitude. That moment for me might be near as Fabio none in 30 and Cunha is not a number 9 . So for me if you are good enough then let hand brake off . As can't be any worse and might give a few a kick up the **** if he started Saturday.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
It will be fine. A goal a game considering our start is okay. I think Fabio will start to do it against the weaker defences in the league. Bellegarde looks good too. I think we'll get in the mid 40s to early 50s with goals, and concede about 50. Which will do me because I've been goal starved.
We're currently on target to concede 83 goals this season based on averages so we need a monumental improvement in defence to only concede another 39 goals from the next 33 games.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're currently on target to concede 83 goals this season based on averages so we need a monumental improvement in defence to only concede another 39 goals from the next 33 games.
Well the previous 5 games before were 16 goals against so it is getting better ;).
For me our defence for the last 3 years so has been fine until we go behind. It's a clean sheet or a hammering and it can only be a mentality thing.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Well the previous 5 games before were 16 goals against so it is getting better ;).
For me our defence for the last 3 years so has been fine until we go behind. It's a clean sheet or a hammering and it can only be a mentality thing.
I'm not sure it can 'only be a mentality thing', it could be that we are just good in a low block and struggle once we concede and have to attack. I do think there probably is a large mentality thing though. Something I've always thought in teams that struggle is that defenders try to help their teammates too much instead of just doing their own job. Hard to stop it though, that is the sort of stuff that makes me feel a back 5 might help for a bit - not tomorrow though surely.

fleck1

Reaction score
Don't think its a case of GON not fancying him, he's had a bad injury and not just being thrown in like we have with players in the past and end up breaking down again. Id rather he was managed through the first couple of months and eased back in and stayed fit for the rest of the season, rather than what we did with Jonny.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Has to play some part against Luton. I believe our best chance of scoring a goal there is Sasa getting on the end of one of Neto's crosses.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think it’s the opposite. The folk who don’t watch the age groups get too excited about young prospects. I’d say most on here who watch the age groups regularly will say Fraser isn’t ready yet. I watch them a lot both live and via YouTube and the gap between youth football and particular the premier league is absolutely massive.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At this point he should be able to manage a good 30 minutes in matches, perhaps 45. A lot depends on him staying fit which is why the club are being so careful. A fit and focused Sasa with the likes of Cunha, Bellegarde and Hwang feeding off his lay offs/headers, will make an enormous difference. I expect him to be given a 'half' vs Ipswich and perhaps 20 minutes or so at Luton depending on how the match is going.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At this point he should be able to manage a good 30 minutes in matches, perhaps 45. A lot depends on him staying fit which is why the club are being so careful. A fit and focused Sasa with the likes of Cunha, Bellegarde and Hwang feeding off his lay offs/headers, will make an enormous difference. I expect him to be given a 'half' vs Ipswich and perhaps 20 minutes or so at Luton depending on how the match is going.
We're a week away from the JL October comment so surely he's nearly there now? He must play some part tomorrow, either starting or coming on at say HT depending on how the game is going. He needs to become our focal point up top imo.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sasa isn’t fit at this time, it was another negligent decision not to bring in a number 9.
Fosun really deserve relegation. Even if we don’t.

Back
Top Bottom