Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic & Fabio Silva

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if i was Jeff a hot line to the United Arab Emirates would be installed on January 1st

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe O'Neil doesn't want to play him, in case he scores more crucial late goals? Perhaps the decision has been made based on serious injury concerns?
Or even more worryingly, O'Neil wants a specific profile of striker and if they don't match it, he doesn't have any time for them or what then can offer from a different perspective. The fact Kalajdzic and Silva are completely different and neither can get a few minutes in any situation is concerning

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with Saza is bound to be long term fitness. ...Fabio just isn't going to work....best for both parties to move on..

It will be a case of if you want to bring a couple in , finances dictate a couple must leave.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with Saza is bound to be long term fitness. ...Fabio just isn't going to work....best for both parties to move on..

It will be a case of if you want to bring a couple in , finances dictate a couple must leave.

But how do we know if I long term fitness is going to be an issue?

He has been clattered a few times in heavy challenges and played on.

Just baffled a proven goal scorer from abroad, then comes here, gets a major injury and starts scoring quickly from a 12 month injury lay off.

He averages a goal in just over 90mins of prem football (amazing return) with majority being sub cameo roles js being discarded so quickly……

Can score quality goals with head and feet and offer an easy plan b, something we painfully lack consistently …… but when he was brought on to be a point of difference this season he has scored twice! Once a header with basically the last meaningful action in the match and his hard work got us the ball and he coolly slotted home against Bournemouth.

Hard to understand what more he could’ve done really?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just baffled a proven goal scorer from abroad, then comes here, gets a major injury and starts scoring quickly from a 12 month injury lay off.

He averages a goal in just over 90mins of prem football (amazing return) with majority being sub cameo roles js being discarded so quickly……

Can score quality goals with head and feet and offer an easy plan b, something we painfully lack consistently …… but when he was brought on to be a point of difference this season he has scored twice! Once a header with basically the last meaningful action in the match and his hard work got us the ball and he coolly slotted home against Bournemouth.

Yes he scored a couple....but can you honestly say you have been impressed.....I haven't.....bar resting hwang n Cunha for a few minutes here and there I wouldn't start him...

Most of it is understandable with his injury problems....

We will have to wait and see there replacement but anybody thinking Saza n Fabio are up to it , is probably being a bit daft and must have an alternative motive.....I'm not a massive O'Neil fan but I would prefer to different options to both of those players....

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes he scored a couple....but can you honestly say you have been impressed.....I haven't.....bar resting hwang n Cunha for a few minutes here and there I wouldn't start him...

Most of it is understandable with his injury problems....

We will have to wait and see there replacement but anybody thinking Saza n Fabio are up to it , is probably being a bit daft and must have an alternative motive.....I'm not a massive O'Neil fan but I would prefer to different options to both of those players....

For the fact he has been out for 12 months and only seeing rare mins to get match fitness.

I am absolutely impressed with him!! It is bloody hard to miss one Callander year, have to build up from that type of surgery and get onto a premiership football pitch and score at all!

He has shown some tidy patches and bad patches, but what do you expect when there isn’t proper reserve team football to get fully up to speed with. So it is going to be hard for
Him to get properly sharp.

Without him and his goals we have 6 less points! That cannot be forgotten here.

We lack a plan b, no one can deny that. He is a ready made plan b that has goals in the rare occasions he was brought in and used as a plan b!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the fact he has been out for 12 months and only seeing rare mins to get match fitness.

I am absolutely impressed with him!! It is bloody hard to miss one Callander year, have to build up from that type of surgery and get onto a premiership football pitch and score at all!

He has shown some tidy patches and bad patches, but what do you expect when there isn’t proper reserve team football to get fully up to speed with. So it is going to be hard for

We lack a plan b, no one can deny that. He is a ready made plan b that has goals in the rare occasions he was brought in and used as a plan b!
I think it's a bit like Jonny , unfortunately with the two serious injuries he has had ....he may never get fully sharp..... certainly not enough to play regularly in the premier league.....he is ok, nothing better.......can we spend his wages on some better...if he has interest might be best to do it nw if there is injury concerns long term...

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Worked his *******s off to come back from a really nasty injury too. I’m not impressed with the way he’s been treated.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it wasn’t for his injury record he’d have gone to one of the top clubs in Germany.

Plus Man Utd made more than initial enquiries into him the summer we signed him…..

The talent and ability for me wasn’t in doubt!

For me, it was the sickness record and him at the time not being fit for nearly 50% of his senior professional career that made this a risky and for the fee not a great deal.

But he is here, granted his %age of missed games from injury is worse because of his second ACL, he has the ability on the ball and has shown he can do the very thing so many cannot do in the league and that is put the ball in the back of the net.

Crazy we are shipping him out to gamble on someone to score when we know he can and the prem is such a major step up in this regard.

I bet the only reason we are letting him go is because of GON’s limited attacking coaching ability as we do so best when it is fast lads running onto long balls or sprinting to counter attack….

The need for Pace in our front three makes up for the lack of guile we have/or players being allowed to show added to that the poor movement and lack of dragging defenders into places outside their defensive shape to create holes.

So basically it is going to be if initial starter of plan A isn’t working, let’s bring on another plan A type player….

Who needs a plan b……

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if i was Jeff a hot line to the United Arab Emirates would be installed on January 1st
You are joking would take them 5 seasons to get the plans together for where they think the line needing installing at Molineux.

Then they would faff for another 3 seasons.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just shy of half of cunhas goal tally and a quarter of Hwangs in a fraction of the actual match time……

Two players who last season people on here were ranting about as flops……

The guy scores with limited mindset to get fit, imagine what he can offer when fully fit!!

Look at his career goals on YouTube, headers and deft finishes. He is a quality finisher and they don’t come easy! Especially as a big lad who can header a ball.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sasa can finish and wins the ball in the air. My problem is that he looks sluggish and we are a team for rapid counter attack. If we were laying seige to a deep sitting defence then he could be a focus point for lumped in balls? When we have had such possession we have been susceptible to the rapid counter ourselves, like at Wet Spam!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve barely seen him play and if it wasn’t for his injury record he’d be at Bayern.
sitting on the bench at best. he is a gangly, slow average player. we should never have signed him. If he was any good he would be playing as we have players in our team playing with heavy colds/flu

roystonwolf

Reaction score
Am I reading too much into GONs post-match comments? The line about how he doesn't have many attacking players feels like an admission that he has no time for Silva or Sasa:

"I didn’t have too many attacking players on the bench today. We have three games in six days so trying to manage the group I had no real choice but to make the subs that I made. Doc and Tommy Doyle, both senior pros who I know when I put on the pitch what I’m going to see from them."

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

4 less points, just saying!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sitting on the bench at best. he is a gangly, slow average player. we should never have signed him. If he was any good he would be playing as we have players in our team playing with heavy colds/flu

He’s barely played and scored a couple of hugely important goals for us.

Even when he was rubbish, useless, crap etc. in his bench cameo at Fulham away, we never win that penalty without him.

It’s a shame we’re not giving him more minutes, because he’s quite clearly a good finisher.

O’Neil won’t be here next Christmas and it’ll be a shame to see Sasa scoring most weeks in the Bundesliga as he’s shipped him out.

We are the absolute definition of average mediocrity and the idea that he can’t get minutes for us is laughable. Not as if we have a defined style of play that he doesn’t fit.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, you are correct!

My bad…..

He turned two draws into wins, so 4 points……

Thanks for the heads up
No problem we all make mistakes. We had some posters this week saying how awful we were and how poor GON is and how we’d get no points out of the next 5 games etc.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In reality doesn’t fit our system. Too old and experienced to sit on the bench week in week out with little hope of starting. Time to trade in and replace.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In reality doesn’t fit our system. Too old and experienced to sit on the bench week in week out with little hope of starting. Time to trade in and replace.
Sometimes you need a plan B you can’t play the same system week in week out as you’ll soon get found out.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given how we played against Fulham, Arsenal, Burnley, Forest, WHU I definitely think that Sasa &, possibly, Silva deserved some decent minutes, 20 mins at least, in each game.
Sasa is not just a target man and is a better footballer than just that so could make a contribution I think.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes you need a plan B you can’t play the same system week in week out as you’ll soon get found out.

You need to be able to transition from plan A to plan B. If plan B is wildly different and doesn't fit with the rest of the team's strengths, then it might not be the right plan B.

Plan B doesn't have to be pumping the ball up to a 6'7" striker. If we can get someone else in who fits the set up to start games and also allows us to get an additional attacker on when needed, then it probably suits us and Sasa better than keeping him just to throw in when we need a plan B.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Issue with Sasa is the mobility/pace - when you bring him on 1) you lose one pressing player for. when the oppositions’ defence has the ball and 2) you lose one element of danger on the attack for through balls behind the defence. Weighing that up against his aerial and holding up the ball abilities you’re really better off scouting for a Solanke type profile that can so both. Realise not cheap but they will be out there as when Bournmouth bought Solanke or Villa bought Watkins.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I reading too much into GONs post-match comments? The line about how he doesn't have many attacking players feels like an admission that he has no time for Silva or Sasa:

"I didn’t have too many attacking players on the bench today. We have three games in six days so trying to manage the group I had no real choice but to make the subs that I made. Doc and Tommy Doyle, both senior pros who I know when I put on the pitch what I’m going to see from them."
Tommy Doyle as senior pro.
How many league games has he played in his short career to date?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa is our best finisher, GON clearly wants a work horse instead

As for Fabio, looks like he’s not suited to the league. The pressure of him playing for us has not worked out add in the price tag. It’s time he’s moved on for benefit of both parties

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

With docs finishing….. there are worse options to drop up front if you don’t trust sasa or silva in a pinch this week.

New role for DOC perhaps?

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With docs finishing….. there are worse options to drop up front if you don’t trust sasa or silva in a pinch this week.

I am glad someone else said this as I thought the same after a couple of drams last night

Holds the ball
Makes the right run
Can score with both feet
Decent header
Not slow

I am not against it

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am glad someone else said this as I thought the same after a couple of drams last night

Holds the ball
Makes the right run
Can score with both feet
Decent header
Not slow

I am not against it

Maverick thinking!!!!! Hahaha

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We converted Ward from a forward to a full back and Coady from midfielder to Sweeper so why not? Doc is a natural finisher; yesterday his finish was a perfectly placed side foot having got up the field to be in the right position.
Its not the worst idea!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s barely played and scored a couple of hugely important goals for us.

Even when he was rubbish, useless, crap etc. in his bench cameo at Fulham away, we never win that penalty without him.

It’s a shame we’re not giving him more minutes, because he’s quite clearly a good finisher.

O’Neil won’t be here next Christmas and it’ll be a shame to see Sasa scoring most weeks in the Bundesliga as he’s shipped him out.

We are the absolute definition of average mediocrity and the idea that he can’t get minutes for us is laughable. Not as if we have a defined style of play that he doesn’t fit.
he might stay as a bench warmer. i think oneil will still be here. so, i very much doubt he will be playing. this is like the cutrone debate. he needed loads of chances. the fact is SK is just not a good enough player so I would happily see him go to the bundesliga and let some other club deal with his flimsy legs

Back
Top Bottom