Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Santiago Bueno Signing

T

TheConcourse

Only 24 I think? Good age, quick. Seems to fit the profile of CB that we never typically sign.

Job done at the back if we can get Tomas Araujo on loan too.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interestingly Girona are half owned by Man City and half owned by Pep's brother!

Strange that we’ve gone for him now after being after Elvedi for so long. Anyone know who’s the better out of them?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like a decent signing!

Wonder what the story is with Elvedi though.

bigwolf

Reaction score
If we sign Santiago and are also still chasing Elvedi/Araujo, does that show that Gary wants to play 3 at the back?

Think that will be the case. No logical reason to play three at the back against Blackpool last night unless starting to shift.

Our superhero like ability to be unable to beat the press and look like children playing out from the back when someone simply walks to our defence has probably told him we need another way.

T

TheConcourse

If we sign Santiago and are also still chasing Elvedi/Araujo, does that show that Gary wants to play 3 at the back?
Let’s hope so Jade. Let the good times roll.

We felt way more attacking and efficient in a back three with WB’s playing higher.

Shame we’re going to lose Nunes, because he could have been the key in that brilliant Nuno side to unlock teams in tighter games.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Encouraging on You Tube...good age...just beginning to be recognised internationally for Uruguay, good price so on the face of it lots to like about this. Surprising Elvedi has been set aside seemingly....let's hope it goes through as that position is along with striker the biggest weakness in the squad. Are these purchases separate from whether the Nunes money arrives or not? Wolves policy is so confusing bar the obvious tactic to leaving things late to try and obtain 'bargains'.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s hope so Jade. Let the good times roll.

We felt way more attacking and efficient in a back three with WB’s playing higher.

Shame we’re going to lose Nunes, because he could have been the key in that brilliant Nuno side to unlock teams in tighter games.

I posted this on the "Palace Line Up" thread:

I know we "only" played Blackpool last night but it seems that we were more comfortable with a back 3 and it doesnt have to be defensive at all.
I just think that many of our players suit this system better than in a back 4:
Kilman seems to need the confidence that the extra CB gives him, and also gives him licence to bring the ball out occasionally
Toti is powerful, quick and good in the air, and can cover the LB side well.
Dawson is not quick but reads the game well - 3 atb covers for his lack of pace.
Doc and RAN/ Bueno are very effective wing backs and far less effective full backs
Lemina, Cunha, Gomes, Boubacar and Sarabia can all play a ball winning role in midfield and carry the ball out; and we are more solid with 3 in central midfield
Fabio and Sasa seem to feed off each other well and will benefit from the wing back support and Cunha/ Sarabia breaking from deep
This system does leave Neto out on a limb, but could still be an effective substitute to bring on to try to change a game, much as we used to with Adama.
Lets stick with 3 atb - it suits us.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Uruguayan centre back… I’m going to lazily suggest that he will love a booking and be very rash.

Back
Top Bottom