Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sami Khedira

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had heart surgery earlier this year I recall.

Obviously that could have been completely routine and nothing to worry about at all but could make a medical interesting!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would all those saying Khedira would be a great signing at 32 want Gary Cahill too? Clearly Cahill was never as good as Khedira but the age issue is exactly the same. We’ve got the best possible experienced midfielder in Mourinho and need to look to the future. SK would cost huge wages and have no resale value and most importantly doesn’t play in a position where we are short. It’s a no from me, though I would add I think the story is nonsense.

M

Mr Wolf

Have I seriously just read negative comments about the possibility of Sami ******* Khedira coming to Wolves?
He didn’t play much last season, he has/had a heart problem. Defensive midfield is a position we are very strong in.

Those on about Moutinho can’t play 60 games, Khedira wouldn’t play where Mouthino does. Mout & Donk have to chase up & down all game in a sort of left/right midfield role, Neves is the one that sits in. Would Khedira suit that role? Unless they see him covering Coady/Neves or changing formation sometimes.

So maybe you should all think a bit before all the I can’t believe people don’t want Khedira 3 years ago we had blah blah type posts. I’d rather a midfielder like N’Dy back personally.

K

KiwiWolf

He didn’t play much last season, he has/had a heart problem. Defensive midfield is a position we are very strong in.

Those on about Moutinho can’t play 60 games, Khedira wouldn’t play where Mouthino does. Mout & Donk have to chase up & down all game in a sort of left/right midfield role, Neves is the one that sits in. Would Khedira suit that role? Unless they see him covering Coady/Neves or changing formation sometimes.

So maybe you should all think a bit before all the I can’t believe people don’t want Khedira 3 years ago we had blah blah type posts. I’d rather a midfielder like N’Dy back personally.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3751

Does Dybala going to Spurs mean that Christian Eriksen will go the other way then?
Nope.

It was just the initial feeling I got, Juventus are one of the clubs Neves would never turn down in my opinion. And while I could see us fancying Moise Kean, I don't think we'd be after Khedira unless he was to replace someone outgoing, we're well stocked with defensive midfielders

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would anyone take Khedira,Kean and Cancelo for Neves?

M

Mr Wolf

With your blood pressure, I'd take it easy in this heat.
-I would've put a smiley emoji at the end of that sentence but I didn't want to give you a stroke.
Well who replies to something with an emoji. Like those ****s who put smiley faces on work emails, grow up you’re not a 12 year old girl.

Before you ask yes I am fun at parties.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could Dendoncker be looked on as a CB too? Squad coverage?
One of the unanswered questions since Nuno arrived is who will fill in for Coady if he's ever injured. Dendoncker seems a perfect fit, as well as in Bennett's position.

It's the versatility of the squad that allows Nuno to keep it lean.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right lets guess the time Spiers will say nothing in it. Half ten is my guess.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm firmly in the happy clapper camp but this smacks of one Tim will be gleefully dismissing at some point this morning

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Khedira was absolute class in his day, in his mid twenties he was arguably the best defensive midfielder in Europe, and for quite a few years too. His class will be permanent and will still have the touch and vision, like Moutinho

The huge question mark is his engine. The reports from Juve supporters are that, unlike Moutinho, his legs are gone. He's had reported health issues too so, even if he was back up and just played a few games for us, when he does play he'd not be able to do what is asked of him in Nuno's system

Look how long it look for Dendonker to get a game as Nuno didn't think he was fit enough, and he has a great engine.

The only place I could see a role for him would be as back up to Neves, where you could argue there's slightly less running that the other 2 midfield berths (arguably) but I can't see us paying him big wages to be understudy to Neves and no, definitely not a replacement, and you couldn't see Khedira wanting that too

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Khedira was absolute class in his day, in his mid twenties he was arguably the best defensive midfielder in Europe, and for quite a few years too. His class will be permanent and will still have the touch and vision, like Moutinho

The huge question mark is his engine. The reports from Juve supporters are that, unlike Moutinho, his legs are gone. He's had reported health issues too so, even if he was back up and just played a few games for us, when he does play he'd not be able to do what is asked of him in Nuno's system

Look how long it look for Dendonker to get a game as Nuno didn't think he was fit enough, and he has a great engine.

The only place I could see a role for him would be as back up to Neves, where you could argue there's slightly less running that the other 2 midfield berths (arguably) but I can't see us paying him big wages to be understudy to Neves and no, definitely not a replacement, and you couldn't see Khedira wanting that too
How dare you post something so bang on the money! I'm repulsed.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Could be argued that, at the same age as Moutinho, Khedira has played for bigger teams and achieved far more than Moutinho ever did.

Wouldn't swap our mini magician for anyone but wanted to add some balance to the argument.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Before you ask yes I am fun at parties.

Fantastic! It's my son's birthday party this weekend and the entertainer, Wil E Dropitt, has had to be cancelled as I found out he's a Baggie. Can you step in? "What's the time, Mr, Wolf?"

M

Mr Wolf

I begrudged spending that much time replying to your inane ****e TBH.
Yeah it’s BS to think that Khedira couldnt do the job of Mouthino & Donk.

Again all excited by the name & history rather than thinking how he would fit in today. There’s a reason they would swap him for Neves.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Experience? Cover for certain games? Not playing 25+ games? Taking the load off? Europe?

Imagine a back up player who's incredibly good technically? I'm not saying sign the ****er and play him 40 odd games. Or do we just play Neves Moutinho and Dendoncker every game without fail including Europe?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Experience? Cover for certain games? Not playing 25+ games? Taking the load off? Europe?

Imagine a back up player who's incredibly good technically? I'm not saying sign the ****er and play him 40 odd games. Or do we just play Neves Moutinho and Dendoncker every game without fail including Europe?

Completely agree. Moutinho isn’t going to manage 90 minutes in every game and will need a rest from time to time so imagine his back up being one of the best midfielders of his generation.

M

Mr Wolf

We also have Saiss & Gibbs-White who fill those roles, I just hoping for a more attack minded midfielder to change it up rather than another squad addition to the DM. Moutinho doesn’t play DM Neves does.

I do agree though about squad cover overall thinking about it we are short of quality I suppose.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right lets guess the time Spiers will say nothing in it. Half ten is my guess.

I'm amazed her hasn't done it already. This is clearly a way of getting Everton to cough up for Moise Kean with Khedira lumped in on top.

We might have asked about Kean, but I cannot see us being interested in Khedira.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the Sky article it sounds like talks have already taken place which suggests this isn't just pie in the sky. But we shall see.

Either way, still can't believe some people are arguing AGAINST Sami Khedira coming to Wolves. It's as if they haven't already seen the benefits of bringing a slightly-past-his-best ageing midfielder who's won it all to the club over the past season.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
If we can get him real cheap like with Mouts it could work great for us for a season or two, all about the player happily buying into the situation and exciting plan here.

I actually thought he'd retired as hadn't heard anything about him for a while.

Apparently only made 10 appearances for Juve last season. He's was in and out the team a lot with injuries....they could be happy to release and cash in while they can.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the comments are laughable.

This is an absolute resounding yes.
What a signing this would be on a 2 year deal.

And if we could get Kean too, wow.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We also have Saiss & Gibbs-White who fill those roles, I just hoping for a more attack minded midfielder to change it up rather than another squad addition to the DM. Moutinho doesn’t play DM Neves does.

I do agree though about squad cover overall thinking about it we are short of quality I suppose.

That's the thing mate, there's back up "fillers" which, let's face it, Saiss is. Then there're players who have world class pedigree who can play X amount of games and barely lose the ball. His goal record and assists isn't too shabby for a DM either, he can explode forward and chip in. Certainly not a John Obi Mikel!

Remember Fergie bringing Scholes back, and only playing Hargreaves and Giggs in certain games towards the end? Invaluable having that quality to come on and dictate a game.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scraping the barrell we must be on transfer target 100

Thats a bit negative compared to what going on in the market.

Every team wants to strengthen be it to reduce a chance of relegation or get in top 10 or top 4 .
But hardly any have. I am sure things will all happen in a rush for all clubs.

Back
Top Bottom