Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saiss New Contract

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good news indeed...as mentioned can cover any of the back 3, and centre midfield...even dare say, defensive LWB now we play 5 in midfield...or is it still "...5 at the back..."o_O

...just the type of player, Nuno needs to be available on Thursdays and Sundays next season

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha, you’re still angry he went to AFCON in 2017, eh?
Nope I wasn’t angry then, just disappointed. Just slightly surprised he doesn’t want to go and be a regular starter somewhere else, rather than be back up here, it either shows that he’s got a lot of bottle to stay and fight for a place in the 11 or he’s content to earn his money he’s not going to get a better club and he’ll be happy with a few minutes off the bench and the odd start occasionally.

To be fair since the beginning of November he’s been much more involved in the first team and done well, so the contract is well deserved.

Last edited:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
_105750468_lambertfracasrex.jpg

No, no, no!!
**** you Saiss... I'm disappointed.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s another great move by the club in my view. A player looking at wolves now will think that it’s a club that shows loyalty to its players if they work hard and fit in with Nuno’s plans. Compare that to say Fulham who replaced virtually their whole first team. Who’ll want to go there now?

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
One of my colleagues saw a guy in a wolves tracksuit last week at Gatwick flying out after the Bristol game. He asked him if he’d been to the game and that his boss (me) was a Wolves fan. He said “Yes I played the match” it was only Saiss and his family. Numpty didn’t ask for an autograph for me though.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s another great move by the club in my view. A player looking at wolves now will think that it’s a club that shows loyalty to its players if they work hard and fit in with Nuno’s plans. Compare that to say Fulham who replaced virtually their whole first team. Who’ll want to go there now?
I agree with this and it seems to work both ways too, the players seem to be very loyal to the club.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a dream he was sold immediately after signing the contract for £10m to Seville haha!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Love Romain but always worry a bit when Boly isn’t playing. Particularly on defending crosses.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Ooh we 'll miss boly at least Wilson is not playing.

D

Deleted member 5242

Missed pattern play and tactics so think he was presumed not playing. Either that or it's a last minute change

Very happy to have him play. Would have missed his heading ability in both boxes

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted he is doing well. Seems excellent in both defence and midfield in recent weeks. Keep up the great work.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I’ve rated Saiss since his first season with us, where I thought his positioning and reading of the game was streets ahead of anything else we had at the time. I also thought he was excellent last year and a great foil for Neves.

In spite of that, however, I did have some reservations as to whether he would be able to make the step up to the Premier League.

Not only has he done that with ease, but I actually think he has played better in the top flight than he did in The Championship. Absolutely outstanding again today, as he was last week and against West Ham.

Has been hugely unlucky not to get more minutes this season and could feel very aggrieved if he is left out next week (although knowing Romain, he would probably still just get his head down and perform strongly when he gets his next chance).

A real unsung hero this season.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’ve rated Saiss since his first season with us, where I thought his positioning and reading of the game was streets ahead of anything else we had at the time. I also thought he was excellent last year and a great foil for Neves.

In spite of that, however, I did have some reservations as to whether he would be able to make the step up to the Premier League.

Not only has he done that with ease, but I actually think he has played better in the top flight than he did in The Championship. Absolutely outstanding again today, as he was last week and against West Ham.

Has been hugely unlucky not to get more minutes this season and could feel very aggrieved if he is left out next week (although knowing Romain, he would probably still just get his head down and perform strongly when he gets his next chance).

A real unsung hero this season.
:hearteyes: Love Saiss too! Could say I’m a Romainer lol

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He just gets better and better. It took a while for him to win me around at first ... but he is just consistently good now. Great player to have in a small squad.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you think back how Lambert refused to.play him I thought he would be off. The fact he played a very major part the following season and then left out again this season and again comes in and shines. Says bucketloads about his character. A very useful player of considerable ability in more than one position which is gold dust in a small squad.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Saiss has done well and did a great job today.

For me thought the circumstance with how it was with our deep and tight defensive shape helped through the prevention of space appearing in front of him that could be exploited by the likes of Hazard.

Normally we won't be playing this way, so deep. Even against Cardiff we chose to be defensively solid and utilise our speedsters to counter with pace and skill - the question then is about what happens with teams we need to be more creative/midfield controlling against.

Will be interesting to see what Nuno does with Saiss against Utd in the Cup.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you think back how Lambert refused to.play him I thought he would be off. The fact he played a very major part the following season and then left out again this season and again comes in and shines. Says bucketloads about his character. A very useful player of considerable ability in more than one position which is gold dust in a small squad.
It also says bucketloads about Nuno's management skills, to keep the squad focused and ready for the game, whenever required.

Back
Top Bottom