Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saiss New Contract

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move if true,protects his value if we decide to sell,and keeps a very useful squad player happy if we dont

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Romain is a very valuable member of the squad, is going to be needed for those long awaydays in a Europa League game, fits the bill perfectly and is no Billy big boots, his versatility can be seen when he dropped into the back 3 last sunday..

P

Pinhead

good news a good player to have in the team played a big part last season for us

Last edited by a moderator:

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Odd that we haven't announced anything with this following that supposed leak.

The European pulling power of Atletico Madrid may have helped strengthen Romain's hand with negotiations and caused a delay. ;) :)...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Perfect length of time for us, should still have lots of value to the squad for those years but doesn't tie us down as we look to upgrade.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for him and good for Wolves.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Great i do like remain oh sorry I mean Romain

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Excellent.

Did us proud in the Chump with his quality and commitment....fully deserving of the renewal.

For sure he won't be a regular but in the mould of Dangerous Dave his real qualities extend way beyond some obvious limitations with his game at this level.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His lung busting commitment at the death in the Bristol City game last season says it all and a moment I'll never forget. We all know what happened next!
Middlesbrough wasn't it? That was the iconic photo of Saiss flat out on his back and Nuno striding him like Saiss was his wife.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news.
Saiss will never be the player that takes us to the next level,but he will fit in just fine as a squad player over the next couple of years.

C

Chardee MacDennis

Middlesbrough wasn't it? That was the iconic photo of Saiss flat out on his back and Nuno striding him like Saiss was his wife.

That's right, but I think the reference was to RS winning/ retaining the ball in the corner, which led to the free kick which led to the bennett goal, which led to the premier league, which led to joy and delight and fun.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has bossed many a game for us , and I don’t think anyone has ever worried about him playing.

Him donk moutinho neves and mgw . I would probably add one really creative midfielder in there to compete, but the midfield options are generally ok as they are .

Another striker and rb , otherwise our current squad is settled

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's signed until 2021, so a small extension.
Methinks it's more a case of extending contract, to up his value before being moved on. Wouldn't surprise me if he is gone either in the summer or next January.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money is still a bit tight for Wolves due to FFP issues. Having to replace Saiss on top of trying to bring in new talent next year may have meant a downgrade in who we could afford. This hopefully lets us focus the full transfer budget on new blood. Especially if £42m is going straight away on Raul / Donk.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him and Dedonk can cover both CB and central midfield defensive roles which is so useful. Coady, Doc, Saiss all signed up long term is great news. Next Jimenez in May/June.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Increase in wages for sitting on the bench, no wonder he looks so happy.

Great squad cover for us, but I’m surprised he wants to be a bench warmer in the prime of his career, I suppose he gets just enough game time.

D

Deleted member 4124

Increase in wages for sitting on the bench, no wonder he looks so happy.

Great squad cover for us, but I’m surprised he wants to be a bench warmer in the prime of his career, I suppose he gets just enough game time.
Haha, you’re still angry he went to AFCON in 2017, eh?

D

Deleted member 4152

Money is still a bit tight for Wolves due to FFP issues. Having to replace Saiss on top of trying to bring in new talent next year may have meant a downgrade in who we could afford. This hopefully lets us focus the full transfer budget on new blood. Especially if £42m is going straight away on Raul / Donk.
How do you know money is tight for us due to FFP?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am going to be a bit controversial.

It's a good thing he signs a new contract, but only to protect his value. If we are going to improve he wouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

Don't get me wrong he is a versatile solid pro and I do like him, but there has just got to be better players than him. He is prone to give too many free kicks away primarily because of his lack of pace.

We need at least five or six better players in the summer to build on this fantastic season, for me Costa and Sais would be the ones making space in the squad.

Sorry mate, this isn't controversial, it's just foolhardy!

We can't and won't just bring in 5/6 superstars to make his role redundant. We're effectively playing with 18 players this year. So even if we did, there is still room in the squad for him for another season!

So yes there are better players than him out there. But they won't come for the money we would get for him, or even be guaranteed to fit it. He can play multiple roles and is unlikely to be on a fortune!

I agree Costa will be making way, but with 5/6 spare spots I'm glad Saiss will be around for another season!

Back
Top Bottom