Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Safe standing gathers pace

A

andyc225

I see Wolves aren't in the list of clubs backing safe standing. It's a shame.

W

wolvesultra

was this issue brought up during the fans parliment meeting?

S

Space Wolf

I'm all for safe standing but the stupid idiots we saw at the Manc derby turn quite a lot of people off the idea.

J

Jungleee

I'm all for safe standing but the stupid idiots we saw at the Manc derby turn quite a lot of people off the idea.

Aye, I thought clubs told their players not to celebrate infront of opposition fans? :D

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have posted on the FP thread but very disappointed not to see Wolves piloting this after the club suggested they were wanting to be at the forefront of this.

S

Space Wolf

How was that down to standing? Did you/do you work in the police force by any chance?

No. Like I said, I'm all for safe standing but I'm just looking at it from someone elses point of view.

An MP who is not particularly into football sees a load of trouble at a game. I don't think they'll be rushing to back safe standing. Incidentally I wrote to my local MP and was fobbed off with a generic reply.

Like it or not, incidents like at the derby damage the argument for safe standing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a shortish person I was a magnet to giants that always stood in front of me so I don't think I ever saw a full match and I was so glad to have all seater stadiums,having said that I wouldn't have a problem with perhaps a small section of the ground being allocated to people that wish to stand..

W

WasStefan

The PL opposes it

It reads: "Since the introduction of all-seater stadia the supporter experience has improved significantly and we have seen more diverse crowds attending Premier League matches, including more women and children.

How out of touch are these people? Blatantly trying to move football attendances to the middle classes, pricing the working class out of the game.

Hope the government show them the Vs but I doubt it.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. Like I said, I'm all for safe standing but I'm just looking at it from someone elses point of view.

An MP who is not particularly into football sees a load of trouble at a game. I don't think they'll be rushing to back safe standing. Incidentally I wrote to my local MP and was fobbed off with a generic reply

Like it or not, incidents like at the derby damage the argument for safe standing.

Mine gave me a typical politicians reply beat about the bush without giving an opinion or decisive action.

D

Deleted member 4099

The PL opposes it

How out of touch are these people? Blatantly trying to move football attendances to the middle classes, pricing the working class out of the game.

Hope the government show them the Vs but I doubt it.

The only thing I like about the premier league is that it $$$$es Platini off.

M

Mr Wolf

If we want to stand we should be allowed, if people want to sit they should be allowed without being forced to stand because the people in front of them are stood up.

As said the trouble at the Manc game happened in an all seater stadium, it should not deter people from this cause.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
safe standing isnt anymore dangerous than seating.

its not the old style open terraces, its basically the same as seats, you have row with x amount of spaces and people stand there instead of sitting.

i actually think it would prove unpopular after a while, but its certainly isnt going backwards.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I interpreted the thread title a little too literally & was of the mind it should be updated to "Safe Running"

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
safe standing isnt anymore dangerous than seating.

its not the old style open terraces, its basically the same as seats, you have row with x amount of spaces and people stand there instead of sitting.

i actually think it would prove unpopular after a while, but its certainly isnt going backwards.

So how is it different to the present situation then? Go into the south bank or an away game and you will stand up, just you won't have a railing in front of you.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves are NOT on the list does that mean Mr Moxey has been telling us lies because IIRC didn`t he say Wolves would be supportive?

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
all that's clear to me - from reading that article (with the poor woman's quotes in there) and subsequently reading this thread, is that people are simply opposed to standing at football matches - either because their minds are completely closed to the idea (like the woman in the BBC article, for her own understandable reasons obviously) - or don't understand at all what's being proposed. if they did, they'd see that standing in an area designed for standing is infinitely more safer than thousands of fans standing in an area designed for sitting.

And, by the way, the argument 'for' has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with brainless $$$$$$s throwing coins, running onto the pitch, or singing racist, homophobic, or sexist songs...

S

spittlep

English league clubs backing trial

• Aston Villa
  • Brentford
  • Bristol City
  • Burnley
  • Cardiff City
  • Crystal Palace
  • Derby County
  • Doncaster Rovers
  • Hull City
  • Peterborough United
  • Plymouth Argyle
  • Watford
  • AFC Wimbledon
Seems only small clubs backing it.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess if standing did ever come back the molineux would probably have to alter the south bank, i reckon this is about the most that would be demanded by people wanting to stand up. I can't see a whole end being converted at any ground. It would probably split it in half- the part closest to the pitch standing, and the top half seated.

MarkFu

Reaction score
I guess if standing did ever come back the molineux would probably have to alter the south bank, i reckon this is about the most that would be demanded by people wanting to stand up. I can't see a whole end being converted at any ground. It would probably split it in half- the part closest to the pitch standing, and the top half seated.

Why would the South Bank need to be altered, other than the obvious taking out seats and putting in barriers? It's nowhere near too steep. Just take a look at most big German terraces, they are for the most part very steep.

My local terrace:

westkurve.jpg

If this post appears a bit late, it's because all of my first few posts seem to be taking 48 hours or so before they are approved. I appreciate the mods are busy though.

Tom

Reaction score
Very angry we are not involved in this. At the parliament meeting devoted to this topic last season there was a unanimous vote in favour. Getting a bit fed up of the FP being ignored.

D

Deleted member 4099

Must happen if football is to save its soul from the corporate ,middle class environment that the premier league is trying to make it.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Stand up if you want to stand" would be good if we could get this going next home game.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I safe stand every home game......come and join us in the South Bank

PS Could the police women waving her warrent card please remove herself from the safe standing area ;)

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst fans continue to pay the prices to sit there is no incentive for clubs to replace those seats, at a reported cost of £80-£100 each. So I cannot see this happening at all.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Whilst fans continue to pay the prices to sit there is no incentive for clubs to replace those seats, at a reported cost of £80-£100 each. So I cannot see this happening at all.

First thing in business is there a market....yep the South Bank prove this

So when we rebuild it do not put in seats put in safe standing and surely there is NO COST as its one or the other

Come on the Wolves

B

BlackBully

And this happened in an all seater stadium! Wow, maybe the answer is to have everyone lying down? It drives me nuts when the argument against safe standing is the 'behavioural' aspect, it's a complete joke.

I have posted on the FP thread but very disappointed not to see Wolves piloting this after the club suggested they were wanting to be at the forefront of this.

Oh yes, I remember Jiz telling everyone how he was going to try to represent WWFC as an interested backer of it. Funny how nothing ever happened and when the time has now come for clubs to put their names forward we're NOT one of them. Nice one Jiz.

I'm actually damned angry that we will not be trialling it, I long for us to have safe standing and we all know that it'd be accepted by a huge number of Wolves fans. Why are we not one of these teams? I want to know why, when we, as fans, have shown a strong wish to do it?

In fact, I have already contacted the club regarding this and I recommend that everyone else does so too, the more correspondence they receive the more chance they might do something about it (though I'm not holding my breath).

Last edited by a moderator:

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Since when did you really believe anything our Jezter says?

I wish Jezter would promise Wolves fans a horseshoe two tier seated Molineux with a one tier 15,000 safe standing South Bank wrapping around the corners like the old one did...

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And this happened in an all seater stadium! Wow, maybe the answer is to have everyone lying down? It drives me nuts when the argument against safe standing is the 'behavioural' aspect, it's a complete joke.

Oh yes, I remember Jiz telling everyone how he was going to try to represent WWFC as an interested backer of it. Funny how nothing ever happened and when the time has now come for clubs to put their names forward we're NOT one of them. Nice one Jiz.

I'm actually damned angry that we will not be trialling it, I long for us to have safe standing and we all know that it'd be accepted by a huge number of Wolves fans. Why are we not one of these teams? I want to know why, when we, as fans, have shown a strong wish to do it?

In fact, I have already contacted the club regarding this and I recommend that everyone else does so too, the more correspondence they receive the more chance they might do something about it (though I'm not holding my breath).
I thought about contacting the club, who did you contact?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we want to stand we should be allowed, if people want to sit they should be allowed without being forced to stand because the people in front of them are stood up.

As said the trouble at the Manc game happened in an all seater stadium, it should not deter people from this cause.

That would make for a hell of a steep terrace!!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
So how is it different to the present situation then? Go into the south bank or an away game and you will stand up, just you won't have a railing in front of you.

That's my point its not all that different, it is just a little safer to stand with a railing in front of you and no seat. I don't think it is dangerous as there is still an allocated space for a set amount of people just like with seats. I can't understand what the argument against is unless it is a lack of understanding of what is proposed.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Jez the shyster fedd the fans a pack of lies again? No surprise there really is there, after all you are "valued customers" and he can squeeze for out of you if you are paying 30 quid a ticket rather than 15-20.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought about contacting the club, who did you contact?

Well do it then. An email or letter from every fan bothered about this. or indeed any issue would be perfect market research for the club.

If only fans would put in as much effort into actually telling the club directly what their problems are as they do complaining then something might get done.

It`s called Fan Power but no one can be bothered to use it in the right way.

Back
Top Bottom