Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ryan Giles (currently on loan at Middlesbrough)

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This guy is a quality player. If we are to sign Ait-Nouri which seems highly likely I think he should be the cover especially as Marcal is always injured and Jonny will be out for majority of next season .
He has done very well in his loan spells .

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy is a quality player. If we are to sign Ait-Nouri which seems highly likely I think he should be the cover especially as Marcal is always injured and Jonny will be out for majority of next season .
He has done very well in his loan spells .

He’s done ok in his loans. Another season in the Championship as a regular starter will do him the world of good. Would love to see him do well but he’s definitely not ready for us and sitting on the bench would curtail his recent progress

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Having seen him tonight in the first half against Luton and 15 mins of the second half, I thought he had a decent game. Doesn't look anywhere near the required standard for us at the moment though.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good player with an excellent delivery. I'm not sure he's PL just yet but should go out on loan again next year. Or maybe sell him with a reasonable buy back and hefty sell-on clause.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it should be him and Ait-Nouri as our LB options. As uninspiring a signing as it might be, we were linked with Patrick Van Aanholt on a free. He would be very much in the Marçal mould and better, more stable 'back up' for Ait-Nouri

Another season in the Championship will do Giles the world of good

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mainly (but not exclusively), left wing back

Ahh ok, I guess if we're going with that formation he could be an option, but probably better served on loan with us having a more experienced option there.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this season has taught us anything we need able back up. He needs another season in the champ but more top half team playing every game

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles is in and out their team. He needs another championship season. He is not pulling up any trees.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles is in and out their team. He needs another championship season. He is not pulling up any trees.
In fairness I think it is a position they have options in and with them having so many games close together they have simply done some rotation for freshness.
He certainly seems to have done well for them.

That said I wouldn’t be surprised if we sell him this summer to aid in balancing books and to allow him to have certainty about his future.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness I think it is a position they have options in and with them having so many games close together they have simply done some rotation for freshness.
He certainly seems to have done well for them.

That said I wouldn’t be surprised if we sell him this summer to aid in balancing books and to allow him to have certainty about his future.
even if he doesn`t know where he will be playing 21/22 he has a 5 year contract with wolves

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
even if he doesn`t know where he will be playing 21/22 he has a 5 year contract with wolves
I know.
Recently there was an article about the academy and someone (sellers maybe) was pointing out how it can be best for a player to have a permanent move; it helps focus them that bit more.
Think it was in reference to that Goncalves who moved on and has done exceptionally well.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth a try even as back up saves us cash we need to look to the future

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine another loan next year or sold in the summer. He's another player that if he ends up playing first team football for us we havent pushed onto where we need to be. File him next to Ronan and Sanderson.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why oh why do we just disregard these youngsters it would be madness to lose Giles and Sanderson who both show so much promise .
Hope both do well but lets put things into perspective, over half of Giles' performances for the soon the be relegated Rotherham were as substitute and Sanderson struggled to get a game in the first half of the season.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why oh why do we just disregard these youngsters it would be madness to lose Giles and Sanderson who both show so much promise .
Almost no one has disregarded him, almost everyone has said he needs another loan. We even gave him a 5 year contract last summer, so neither is the club. However the lad isn’t ready for the prem... he’s not 100% even holding down a starting spot for a team in the relegation zone of the championship. Sitting on our bench or being in the squad getting little or no football would do him more harm than good right now development wise

Maybe we might be forced to keep him around next season if Marcal continues to be a sick note (as I don’t see us buying another left back) but I think regular game time is best for him

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost no one has disregarded him, almost everyone has said he needs another loan. We even gave him a 5 year contract last summer, so neither is the club. However the lad isn’t ready for the prem... he’s not 100% even holding down a starting spot for a team in the relegation zone of the championship. Sitting on our bench or being in the squad getting little or no football would do him more harm than good right now development wise

Maybe we might be forced to keep him around next season if Marcal continues to be a sick note (as I don’t see us buying another left back) but I think regular game time is best for him
don`t know what position is best for him.started as a winger then a wing back and appears to be playing more as a full back.
I`ts good to be able to adapt especially if you want to play for nuno

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I want to see OUR players given a chance in the team , if we sign RAN and if Marcal is released / can’t get fit we need another experienced left back to compete with him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanderson and Giles at least deserve a chance from a 7 man bench they have lots of potential more than other players coming through would be stupid to discard them for the sake of a few million.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanderson and Giles at least deserve a chance from a 7 man bench they have lots of potential more than other players coming through would be stupid to discard them for the sake of a few million.
Need to look at them and make a pretty rapid decision. Can't keep all of the "maybe" players - unfair on them and they will block the progress of the next generation coming through. If we do decide to sell then stick decent "buy back/sell on" clauses in the deal.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Matheson is an interesting one .A highly rated prospect who cost a £1M .I hope he can break through here but as we know we often buy young and move them on on for a profit .If he does move on will we get our money back ?If not why was he bought ?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No he won’t!

He’s not good enough for a top 6 Premier League team.
Totally agree but we’re also not good enough for a top 6 Premier League team (by some way and no prospect of getting there). Might be ideal for us then?!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree but we’re also not good enough for a top 6 Premier League team (by some way and no prospect of getting there). Might be ideal for us then?!

My comments were tongue in cheek based on Dogdeads previous negative post. That seemed to imply we would be relegated next season!

I agree we are not good enough (yet) for top 6 but I don’t think we will be relegated either.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Giles were to do brilliantly at Cardiff then he might be a candidate for a Premier League squad. But as we know it is a huge jump up for any player. Same goes for Sanderson. You have to trust the coaches on this. Even MGW the supposed best player to emerge from the Academy for years has struggled.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Giles were to do brilliantly at Cardiff then he might be a candidate for a Premier League squad. But as we know it is a huge jump up for any player. Same goes for Sanderson. You have to trust the coaches on this. Even MGW the supposed best player to emerge from the Academy for years has struggled.
It's a recurring theme. Young players are written off when they get game-time, but the moment they get shipped off on loan they become the missing link. It's even worse if they get transferred away - I'm convinced that the majority of the South Bank still think that Mark Davies is the second coming of Zidane.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a recurring theme. Young players are written off when they get game-time, but the moment they get shipped off on loan they become the missing link. It's even worse if they get transferred away - I'm convinced that the majority of the South Bank still think that Mark Davies is the second coming of Zidane.
He's no Guedioura (when he was out of the team)

Both are pale imitations of Freddy Eastwood too

Back
Top Bottom