Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ryan Giles (currently on loan at Middlesbrough)

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
always had a high regard for keith andrews,at the time wolves youngest captain in over a century
who because he couldn`t command a regular spot in the wolves team,turned down a new contract
and moved on.went on to have a decent career.
a lot of wolves fans didn`t like him because he retained possession of the ball
and they wanted it hoofed forward

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
always had a high regard for keith andrews,at the time wolves youngest captain in over a century
who because he couldn`t command a regular spot in the wolves team,turned down a new contract
and moved on.went on to have a decent career.
a lot of wolves fans didn`t like him because he retained possession of the ball
and they wanted it hoofed forward
Nothing to do with him being a bit of a **** around town..?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It's a recurring theme. Young players are written off when they get game-time, but the moment they get shipped off on loan they become the missing link. It's even worse if they get transferred away - I'm convinced that the majority of the South Bank still think that Mark Davies is the second coming of Zidane.
Yeah, most young players aren't anywhere near the standard required. Simple fact.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a great move and a real test at that level. Good luck.
Absolutely, as long as he plays it will be great for his development.

He has that long contract so still think the club see a future for him with us, and we're not just developing to sell for profit with this one

Hope he takes his chance

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to an interview with Scott Sellars in The Athletic, Giles crossing stats last season were outstanding.

Sellars quote - "I’ve watched a lot of Ryan and, in terms of young players, I don’t see many better crossers of the ball in the country."

Hopefully he will reproduce it this season for Cardiff.

D

Deleted member 4456

It's good to see him at a place where there's an expectation on his shoulders beyond staying in the league. This should be a bigger test for him than last season at Rotherham.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck with the loan Ryan. A full season in a settled side will hopefully do him the world of good

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always remember his excellent pre-season in Switzerland. Thought he was guaranteed PL squad player after that.

Hopefully after a good season with Cardiff he will finally make the first team.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. Played really well. This season could be the making of him and great news for us if it is.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excited for this season for Giles, just one game of course, but the amount of crosses and chances he seemed to create yesterday sounds very promising indeed

We've talked about the need for potentially another back up option to Marcal and RAN this season on the left, and I think Giles could be ready to do that now... but for his overall development playing week in and week out in the Champ for Cardiff is perfect for him

Could be a first team squad player next season

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue with Giles is he still isn't a defender while Ait-Nouri isn't perfect in that area he is way more of a natural. He plays as a out and out winger for Cardiff and we have good options in that area so will be much harder.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue with Giles is he still isn't a defender while Ait-Nouri isn't perfect in that area he is way more of a natural. He plays as a out and out winger for Cardiff and we have good options in that area so will be much harder.
If we end up developing into a 442 system by next year, maybe he could have a part to play as a winger.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Done excellently so far and been playing left and right wing. Keep developing and never know, potentially a good depth player or a 8 figure sale to an overspending championship club

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although Cardiff lost today I see Giles got star man in one of the papers. The brief report said he only player with real quality.

I know he is highly rated, maybe we don't need to spend £25m on Trincao next summer, maybe we have an option with young Ryan?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although Cardiff lost today I see Giles got star man in one of the papers. The brief report said he only player with real quality.

I know he is highly rated, maybe we don't need to spend £25m on Trincao next summer, maybe we have an option with young Ryan?
Isn’t Giles a left back and Trincao a right winger ?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t Giles a left back and Trincao a right winger ?
Giles's experience is almost exclusively on the left of the pitch, either LB or LWB - also now further forward.

Trincao seems comfortable playing as an inverted winger on the right. I can't recall Giles gaining experience with us, or on loan, playing this way.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles's experience is almost exclusively on the left of the pitch, either LB or LWB - also now further forward.

Trincao seems comfortable playing as an inverted winger on the right. I can't recall Giles gaining experience with us, or on loan, playing this way.
Makes logical sense the suggestion of replacing Trincao with Giles then

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be. Nice to see a home grown lad make the first team and saves us sown money. But also looking at our business model it’s improving youngster who won’t make the grade with us and sell at a decent profit.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be. Nice to see a home grown lad make the first team and saves us sown money. But also looking at our business model it’s improving youngster who won’t make the grade with us and sell at a decent profit.
Even better if he can establish a place in our PL squad and, if necessary, be sold for a lot more.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Trincao has unbelievable talent, we should definitely keep Giles, but find a place for both of them

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to be clear, and to hold my hand up - I did forget Giles plays on the left. So it was a stupid suggestion not buying Trincao (who was excellent yesterday)

I am just keen that one of these young lads actually end up playing for Wolves after spending over a decade in the youth setup.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Just to be clear, and to hold my hand up - I did forget Giles plays on the left. So it was a stupid suggestion not buying Trincao (who was excellent yesterday)

I am just keen that one of these young lads actually end up playing for Wolves after spending over a decade in the youth setup.
Yeah i think Marcal has down really well this year but i think is a free agent at end of season. Giles and Rayan as options is very healthy imo

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao has unbelievable talent, we should definitely keep Giles, but find a place for both of them

He looks like he could be a really special player. He doesn’t have the explosiveness of Neto, but technically he’s excellent. He glided past players like they aren’t there.

Reminds me of a better version of Helder Costa.

Wolf_1

Reaction score
I have seen a few clips of Cardiff play and Giles has an excellent cross. It would be interesting to see his assist figures for the season.

The first goal in this clip is a Ryan Giles shot from when he was at Shrewsbury Town in 2019.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have seen a few clips of Cardiff play and Giles has an excellent cross. It would be interesting to see his assist figures for the season.

The first goal in this clip is a Ryan Giles shot from when he was at Shrewsbury Town in 2019.

4 assists in 5 games

Back
Top Bottom