Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ryan Bennett

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just think that he deserves a thread. An honest, no-nonsense yet limited defender who gave 100% to Wolves. I wish him all the best. Very instrumental in our promotion season.
Not just our promotion season but also our first season in the premier league.

A model pro and did what he did very well.

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just wait till prego sees this thread

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think anyone can really have anything other than positive sentiments towards the bloke.

Solid defender who was part of a back line that took us up to the PL in style.

Played in some big games for us in the PL, and never let us down when called upon once he was out of the starting lineup.

We’ll always have Bristol City, and that tackle on Willian........ not to mention him out passing Neves and Coady with raking diagonals on a handful of occasions.

Cheers Ryan - you did yourself proud here!

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
No worse than Saiss. Classic example of an English surname giving him a limited reputation.

Swansea’s gain.

He was clearly not in our plans and hence why we allowed him to leave on loan last season. Not like Nuno to give players a chance after they’ve gone out on loan, right? Or should we recall Bonatini? ;)

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Don't think it's too big stretch to say he turned the first prem season around for us with the tackle on Willian.

6 games without a win before that and would have been 2-0 down without it another loss and who knows how things would have turned out.

Bristol City will live long in the memory too, in fact as good as the promotion season was 3 things come to mind when thinking about it now Bristol City, Cardiff and Neves v Derby.

Some great memories for me and will always make me smile when seeing him turn out for Swansea.

Thank you Benno

D

Deleted member 4152

Don’t think anyone can really have anything other than positive sentiments towards the bloke.

Solid defender who was part of a back line that took us up to the PL in style.

Played in some big games for us in the PL, and never let us down when called upon once he was out of the starting lineup.

We’ll always have Bristol City, and that tackle on Willian........ not to mention him out passing Neves and Coady with raking diagonals on a handful of occasions.

Cheers Ryan - you did yourself proud here!
Okresh could.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent value for a free transfer. Never
let us down. Maybe not up to what we are looking for now but will do a good job for Swansea.
If we're in the ground and he returns I hope he gets a good reception.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Benno was real good for us, and we were very, very good for Benno…..enabled his ‘glory move’ to Leicester. :)

A good honest trier.

All the best.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ryan Bennett epitomised everything about us during the promotion season and again through our "consolidation" season in the big time.

And that goal against Brizzle is one of my all-time highs :~}

Thank you big man.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A solid defender who rarely let the team down when called upon. Surprised there wasn't more interest in him to be honest.

Bit surprised we're getting no money up front given Swansea are flush with cash from selling Rodon. Sounds like it's appearance-related with promotion bonuses so looks like we're rooting for a Swansea promotion.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Did what we needed from him and served us well. Good luck to him!

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck Ryan, never let us down and will do a good job for Swansea, I would have thought he could have done a job in the PL for Fulham, our neighbours, Newcastle, Burnley, he is a good old fashioned no nonsense defender.. however once a player has fallen out of favour with Nuno there doesnt seem anyway back, example Bright, Leo, Rodders, Helder, Cav, Mir, most of them had chances to show their worth but were for the most part not up to it, with Ryan he did a job and for that he goes with my thanks..

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck Ryan, top man.

You really can't fault the work Ryan has done. He has never let us down and the Bristol Goal -and that fantastic tackle via Chelsea were real highlights.

I know we are not getting cash upfront but even if he is on £20k per week that's £1m off the wage bill. You would have thought Swansea have a good chance of promotion and we know Jeff likes a good promotion bonus.

Andi130

Reaction score
All the best, Benno. Thanks for the commitment and memories. A great free transfer and a proper old school centerback.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
He was great for us. Solid defender that never let us down. Although he didn’t play that much for them, Leicester who were challenging for a top 2 place at the time also trusted his abilities. Swansea have got a great signing.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Will be good for Gibbs-White to have a familiar model professional with him. Hopefully Bennett looks after him and keeps him out of trouble.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I do t get words like limited. Was at one point our most experienced Premier League player. You aren’t that without ability.

Will always remember Ryan with fondness. Played a great part in our recent history.

My favourite moment was that back heel pass at Wembley against Spurs. Simply sublime.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
As I always say when one of our players moves on.
I wish him well

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No worse than Saiss. Classic example of an English surname giving him a limited reputation.

Swansea’s gain.
Different players. Bennett is a great defender but Saiss is far more comfortable on the ball and more suited to playing out of defence, which is what we need now. Bennett has played his part in getting us to where we are, and I wish him well on the next stage of his career.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Astute signing on a free and did his job at wolves theres no doubt he made the best of his abilities and will do well at swansea.Good luck to him.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever was responsible for getting him deserves a big pat on the back!

Always wondered who it was as Ryan was one of Nuno’s first signings. Lambert must have been heavily involved as we signed him 3 days after he left. At least he did us some good!

Cost us zilch and deserves all the praise Mixers are giving him.

All the best Ryan and thanks for the memories.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am actually more emotional about Ryan’s leaving than I am Jota‘s. I still think he’s better than Boly in that position but alas, Nuno disagrees.
Very good steady performances and less og than Coady;)
So integral to our rebirth......pity to se him leave.
Would love to see him get better and hope he’s happy at Swansea in a personal way and not just professionally.
Thanks a million Ryan:(

Back
Top Bottom