Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

T

TheConcourse

Looks like Nunes, Podence, Jonny and Bolla out, with some questions marks still over Semedo and possibly Sa? Its mad really that we only have 5 days left to sort out any/all incomings. Especially as the quality of said incomings will almost certainly go quite some way to deciding our fate this season?

My guess is we’ll sign Elvedi and Brownhill, perhaps also Doyle and a forward on a loan to buy. If Semedo and Sa end up going then a couple more? A GK would obviously be needed, but I doubt that AWB will be coming here, so what would we do for a RB? Baku?
At least we’ll be competitive in The Championship.

With Brownhill and Doyle in CM you’d expect a shout at the Play Offs, surely?

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Both are decent players, but it’s quite a long way from the likes of Moutinho, Neves and Nunes
Long gone are the days of talk about Wolves as a club going places.

Sad but it feels like the momentum and trajectory of the club is heading one way.

Feels as though a lot of the positivity has gone and we are in for a bit of a slog this season.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Nunes, Podence, Jonny and Bolla out, with some questions marks still over Semedo and possibly Sa? Its mad really that we only have 5 days left to sort out any/all incomings. Especially as the quality of said incomings will almost certainly go quite some way to deciding our fate this season?

My guess is we’ll sign Elvedi and Brownhill, perhaps also Doyle and a forward on a loan to buy. If Semedo and Sa end up going then a couple more? A GK would obviously be needed, but I doubt that AWB will be coming here, so what would we do for a RB? Baku?
The thing I find about all the goings on, is I can understand needing to save money. But if we know we are going to be selling so many, why the loans for players like Hoever and Chiq?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The departure of our better known players - Neves, Jimenez, Traore, Moutinho, Patricio, etc reminds me a lot of Middlesbrough losing the likes of Juninho, Ravanelli, Emerson, Festa etc, just without the relegation (yet). After their day in the sun, Boro pretty much sank, only briefly sticking their head above the relegation parapet when other teams capitulated around them before finally sinking into the second tier with an inexperienced manager who is strong on UEFA Pro buzzwords and very light on cohones, never to be seen at the top table again

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The thing I find about all the goings on, is I can understand needing to save money. But if we know we are going to be selling so many, why the loans for players like Hoever and Chiq?
It’s probably the fact that we look at each player individually, what is best for them. If the club felt Hoever needed to go on loan, they were going to loan him out, regardless of what happens with the rest of the squad. It was like last year, they wanted to loan Fabio out, so they did. Everyone assumed someone else was coming in, but they never did.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s probably the fact that we look at each player individually, what is best for them. If the club felt Hoever needed to go on loan, they were going to loan him out, regardless of what happens with the rest of the squad. It was like last year, they wanted to loan Fabio out, so they did. Everyone assumed someone else was coming in, but they never did.
I understand that, but the club needs to have more joined up this king than that surely?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, but theres no point keeping players around if they’re not going to play.
Yes, but a few weeks down the line with no players bought in Hoever and Chiq are in the squad for sure. Have we really that little idea of where we stand from one week to the next?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but a few weeks down the line with no players bought in Hoever and Chiq are in the squad for sure. Have we really that little idea of where we stand from one week to the next?
We would have to pay Stoke to get Hoever back, it's only Chiq they want to return.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point is, do we send him on loan in the first place with the way this transfer window has gone...
Yes, but my point is we have already loaned him. We would need to pay compensation to Stoke to get him back before the window closes.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We wouldn't need to pay compensation if it was Stoke who sent him back....
Agreed, but it is Hoever we are talking about and they are not saying they want to send him back. So we would presumably have to pay them to achieve that? Unless we agree to take Chiq back only if they throw in Hoever. I was replying to a post that seemed to suggest we hadn't already loaned them out at all, which we have.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t Stoke have to pay all of his wages until Jan to return him early? That’s basically what a termination fee covers?

Other news from the pub.

Tom Cairney & Lewis Cook are being eyed up. Both well know to gaffa gaz (take with pinch of salt) what a friend of Shaun Derry reckons anyway.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but my point is we have already loaned him. We would need to pay compensation to Stoke to get him back before the window closes.
I think you are missing the point. If there was no intent to buy any players this window, why did we send him on loan? If things changed from that time to all of a sudden thinking we haven't got the money to get players in, then the financial bods In the club need shooting.

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Wouldn’t Stoke have to pay all of his wages until Jan to return him early? That’s basically what a termination fee covers?

Other news from the pub.

Tom Cairney & Lewis Cook are being eyed up. Both well know to gaffa gaz (take with pinch of salt) what a friend of Shaun Derry reckons anyway.
Cairney as a squad player ok but not great

Lewis Cook no thank you

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point. If there was no intent to buy any players this window, why did we send him on loan? If things changed from that time to all of a sudden thinking we haven't got the money to get players in, then the financial bods In the club need shooting.
Yes I agree, but it's hindsight. The loan is done and cannot be changed without some accommodation. Your first post in this exchange suggests we will need to be naming them in the squad, which we clearly won't given current circumstances.

Andi130

Reaction score

Other news from the pub.

Christ! I hope not. If that were to happen, It would really be show of levels!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I agree, but it's hindsight. The loan is done and cannot be changed without some accommodation. Your first post in this exchange suggests we will need to be naming them in the squad, which we clearly won't given current circumstances.
Apologies if that's how you read it, not my intent.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
was in the pub with some mates and every player named someone said no to. Doesn’t meet the no ***** rule, not good enough, doesn’t want to play for Wolves, only using us as a stepping stone, not in our price range.

In the end we agreed on one player. Steve Bull.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
was in the pub with some mates and every player named someone said no to. Doesn’t meet the no ***** rule, not good enough, doesn’t want to play for Wolves, only using us as a stepping stone, not in our price range.

In the end we agreed on one player. Steve Bull.
No thanks, knees have gone.....

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Other news from the pub.

Imagine telling anyone back in May that we’d lose Lopetegui, Neves, Nunes, Traore, Collins, Moutinho, Costa and Raul, and that we’d sign only Doc and bring in Gary O’Neil as Head Coach, who’d then be looking at Tom Cairney and Lewis Cook with only 4 days before the end of the window? They’d have thought they were completely deranged.

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine telling anyone back in May that we’d lose Lopetegui, Neves, Nunes, Traore, Collins, Moutinho, Costa and Raul, and that we’d sign only Doc and bring in Gary O’Neil as Head Coach, who’d then be looking at Tom Cairney and Lewis Cook with only 4 days before the end of the window? They’d have thought they were completely deranged.

That is the state we have been left in by the looks of it. Unbelievable really.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

It’s genuinely insane when you see it laid out like that. As it stands, it would be a candidate for the worst Summer transfer window of any Premier League club. Ever.

We simply have to have something decent lined up in these next 4 days. We can’t not have. Right? Right?!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Insane!! Shows how badly we have been run when it is written down like that!

Also if those are GON approved targets….. give up now and place bets on relegation!!!!!

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s genuinely insane when you see it laid out like that. As it stands, it would be a candidate for the worst Summer transfer window of any Premier League club. Ever.

We simply have to have something decent lined up in these next 4 days. We can’t not have. Right? Right?!
Northampton reckons Hobbs has two lists, one for if Nunes is sold, and one for if he isn't. Some speculation about who might be on the second list!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope not they're absolute dog****.

GoN can eye up who he wants but in the end he'll do as he's told.
That is complimentary way to describe them……

one or both of those two to sign would be a ****ing embarrassment!!!

Prem leading %age season ticket increases and most consecutive too for that to be the case is a disgrace!!!

Look at where we rank on the season ticket price scale and compare that to the others and the club should be appalled that this is what they have done to the club the last few years!!

These are players mid table championship
Sides would just about be happy with, that tells you everything.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yet despite what’s happened, there are still people who have trust in Fosun, trust in Shi, and think it will all turn out fine. Genuinely unbelievable.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Northampton reckons Hobbs has two lists, one for if Nunes is sold, and one for if he isn't. Some speculation about who might be on the second list!
You have to admire our meticulous levels of planning. Leaving it to the last 3 days of the window to sort any incomings, with our sporting director not knowing whether we have any money to spend or not? A situation dependent on another club meeting our valuation for a player thats put himself on strike. Imagine being a player observing the total mess thats gone on over at Wolves this summer and being asked to join? I’d want to know my other options sharpish.

Honestly the mess Fosun have made of the club this past year or so is completely unforgivable. If we can sort 3 or 4 decent signings in the next few days I’ll be happier, but I certainly won’t be holding my breath about that. As it stands this must be one of, if not the worst ever transfer window from a premier league side. Its almost impressive. Can’t wait till Thursdays welcome to Wolves Tom Cairney/Lewis Cook video packge

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to admire our meticulous levels of planning. Leaving it to the last 3 days of the window to sort any incomings, with our sporting director not knowing whether we have any money to spend or not? A situation dependent on a club meeting our valuation for a player thats on strike. Imagine being a player observing the mess thats gone on over at Wolves this summer and being asked to join? I’d want to know my other options sharpish.

Honestly the mess Fosun have made of the club this past year or so is completely unforgivable.
It isn’t just the past year though!! We didn’t become this mess overnight……….

The signs were there and being called out by people for some time, but the mob called them “bad fans” “not the kind you want in the trenches” or telling them to go and support the villa or boggies……

Some people were just more aware or able to see the things others couldn’t through no fault of their own or chose not to!

Back
Top Bottom