Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't drink, so don't know why I was in the pub, but I heard this from a drunk chipmunk who passed it on second-hand from an inebriated piano. 'Pinch of salt' doesn't cut it. I think you should always trust an inebriated piano.

The plan is 433. With a deep 6 and two more attacking 8's. The reason for passing on Palhinha wasn't because of what he offers in comparison to Neves, but rather because of what he offers in comparison to Coady, who is earmarked for the deep 6 role. The feeling was Palhinha didn't offer enough more than Coady in that role to justify spending 20 million and replacing the captain. The keeping/selling of Neves had no bearing on the Palhinha deal, as Neves could still be sold if Barca want him, to be replaced by someone more mobile and attacking than Palhinha.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't drink, so don't know why I was in the pub, but I heard this from a drunk chipmunk who passed it on second-hand from an inebriated piano. 'Pinch of salt' doesn't cut it. I think you should always trust an inebriated piano.

The plan is 433. With a deep 6 and two more attacking 8's. The reason for passing on Palhinha wasn't because of what he offers in comparison to Neves, but rather because of what he offers in comparison to Coady, who is earmarked for the deep 6 role. The feeling was Palhinha didn't offer enough more than Coady in that role to justify spending 20 million and replacing the captain. The keeping/selling of Neves had no bearing on the Palhinha deal, as Neves could still be sold if Barca want him, to be replaced by someone more mobile and attacking than Palhinha.
That makes more sense than many theories I have heard. The really big issue remains the replacement for Neves and the timing of two potentially difficult transactions. This has always been the big worry for me, rather than the fact that we have not made signings of additional squad players. Plenty of time to bolster the squad, but getting the first choice midfield right is more critical. I do think this is what is behind our apparent inactivity in the market and what has lulled many of us into a false sense of security around the prospect of Nerves staying. The margins on the success of these transactions are very narrow and really could be the difference between a good and a disastrous season.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not against a 433 with a 6 dropping into a back three, I have big doubts as to whether Coady is the guy to do that role though!

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not against a 433 with a 6 dropping into a back three, I have big doubts as to whether Coady is the guy to do that role though!
Id say coady is quicker than an ageing fernandinho, and rodri aint exactly rapid.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score

I wasn’t immediately sold on Coady as a sweeper and that turned out ok, so for this, who knows?

I think he said himself he wouldn’t be a center midfielder in the PL but this 6 position is a different skillset.

My only issue, and one where Palhinha would have helped, as that it doesn’t boost the height of the team. We’re still small, and I couldn’t see those two more attacking 8’s being of a profile of being 6’-plus who come back and aggressively defend corners.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might not be Coady sitting but Neves....if that is the plan they we need to get a good centre back in A.S.A.P........thats a priority.....

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparantly Dwight McNeil is available for around £10mil and Alejandro Grimaldo around the same, think both would really suit the 343 LWB/LM role. It's not a majorly important position for us to recruit in this summer but if we added one of them to ran, jonny, semedo & chiquinho I think we would have some excellent options there to change a game

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves ain't an 8 in any way.

Disagree somewhat, he always excelled in the Champ being allowed to play higher up the pitch and showed in glimpses last season he can do loads more than sit and pass from deep, that run at Everton especially. With MGW to carry the ball alongside him it could work

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Inside knowledge or guesswork?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparantly Dwight McNeil is available for around £10mil and Alejandro Grimaldo around the same, think both would really suit the 343 LWB/LM role. It's not a majorly important position for us to recruit in this summer but if we added one of them to ran, jonny, semedo & chiquinho I think we would have some excellent options there to change a game
Would love grimaldo....been on about him for 3 seasons.......set piece delivery.......said the other day a cheeky loan deal for Telles is possible as well.....loan to view ..... again for set piece delivery......I think we need another left footer for lwb to cover marcal leaving....

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lage seems to always prefer a double pivot, so I'd guess we'll go 523/5212/442/4231

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id say coady is quicker than an ageing fernandinho, and rodri aint exactly rapid.

It's not Coadys pace that's the issue in that role but he's not comfortable to receive the ball when he's in midfield. I think he gets lost a little.

Reactions: Ned

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good God!

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I'd love Dwight McNeil signing for us. Always looked dangerous whenever I've seen Burnley play (if you could call it that!).

Back
Top Bottom