Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Neves

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed! although a change in tactics the past few years seems to have lost that long ball over the top (usually to the RWB) we use to see by both Neves and Coady back in the early days. Really miss that.

Even Ryan Bennett used to get involved in that from time to time!

Those were the days my friend…

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Entertainment.

It's as simple as that. Paying 160 quid to watch paint dry on the regular is not much fun.

Good for you if you can do it and not feel that, I, and others, certainly do.
Fine. If you've bought into the sport is entertainment b/s. Sorry but it doesn't work that way if you follow a team.
Sometimes they'll entertain you and other times they won't.Sometimes they are better than the opponent, other times not.
That's the life of a footy supporter.

Glad you've worked out its not for you.... but my next question is why the hell are you on a football forum and not a theatre one?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine. If you've bought into the sport is entertainment b/s. Sorry but it doesn't work that way if you follow a team.
Sometimes they'll entertain you and other times they won't.Sometimes they are better than the opponent, other times not.
That's the life of a footy supporter.

Glad you've worked out its not for you.... but my next question is why the hell are you on a football forum and not a theatre one?
The life of a football supporter is endure at a great cost. Again, congratulations, you can afford to do that, I and others can't, not sure what you are struggling with here. Do you want the super fan medal?

It's an expensive day out in which most of which was quite frustrating to spend a couple hundred quid and countless hours of life for little in the way of enjoyment, especially when other commitments such as kids and family take a lesser priority.

Again, congratulations, you are in the position to both afford that and manage to make a mockery of those who can't. Not as if it was something I did do in the past, I spent the years travelling from South into Midlands, to watch dross, because that what I did, but when I did that it was affordable and if the product sucked, then oh well, was only a couple of quid, we go again. Those days for me (and I say others, because a large amount of the Wolves supporting friendship group feel the same) are gone where that cash isn't free flowing and you can easily put a price on the value of going to the game.

Seems superfans are struggling with this concept.

T

TheConcourse

Blows my mind that Utd haven’t gone all out to get Neves. Criminally underrated to everyone outside of the Wolves family.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Classic United Signing
A top class player, proven in a system very similar to current managers? Nah not really usually sign players who don't fit what they want to do.
De Jong is absolutely brilliant, dribbler/passer/defensive acumen. Top, top player.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The life of a football supporter is endure at a great cost. Again, congratulations, you can afford to do that, I and others can't, not sure what you are struggling with here. Do you want the super fan medal?

It's an expensive day out in which most of which was quite frustrating to spend a couple hundred quid and countless hours of life for little in the way of enjoyment, especially when other commitments such as kids and family take a lesser priority.

Again, congratulations, you are in the position to both afford that and manage to make a mockery of those who can't. Not as if it was something I did do in the past, I spent the years travelling from South into Midlands, to watch dross, because that what I did, but when I did that it was affordable and if the product sucked, then oh well, was only a couple of quid, we go again. Those days for me (and I say others, because a large amount of the Wolves supporting friendship group feel the same) are gone where that cash isn't free flowing and you can easily put a price on the value of going to the game.

Seems superfans are struggling with this concept.
Stop giving me the "superfans" , "you can afford it, I can't" bull **** as when you do that you simply show your true negative feelings rather than reasoning through an argument. It's a victim mentality found more in Liverpool or Everton fans and unbecoming to you.
I get it can be an expensive day out but so are other forms of "entertainment." The problem is you can't control the end product so you want to whinge and whine when things don't go as you think they should. Premiership football is more expensive and it's a difficult balancing act for clubs to try and keep fans satisfied. Something they can never do with some people as they want expensive transfers but then don't want to pay even a small amount towards the price it costs.

So let's just recap on the lack of "entertainment" you've had in the last 5 years. Promotion as Champions, 7th in the Prem, FA Cup semi, European games, 7th in Prem, 13th in Prem, 10th in Prem.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stop giving me the "superfans" , "you can afford it, I can't" bull **** as when you do that you simply show your true negative feelings rather than reasoning through an argument. It's a victim mentality found more in Liverpool or Everton fans and unbecoming to you.
I get it can be an expensive day out but so are other forms of "entertainment." The problem is you can't control the end product so you want to whinge and whine when things don't go as you think they should. Premiership football is more expensive and it's a difficult balancing act for clubs to try and keep fans satisfied. Something they can never do with some people as they want expensive transfers but then don't want to pay even a small amount towards the price it costs.

So let's just recap on the lack of "entertainment" you've had in the last 5 years. Promotion as Champions, 7th in the Prem, FA Cup semi, European games, 7th in Prem, 13th in Prem, 10th in Prem.
Ah, a real fan having a pop at the scousers and 'victim' mentality.

What are you bleating on about, that is the crux of it. You can find it financially viable to travel the length and breath of the country, I currently do it, literally quoted a price to get to Leeds from my home.

Life is more than football against entertainment plays a huge factor, apologies if this inconveniences you, but it's a fact, unless you've got the spare funds in order to justify the costs then you're going to look towards other factors (in this case, entertainment) to validate the purchases.

I don't with any those things you've mentioned and frankly the idea of ticket rises to subsidise costs is a false narrative because the rise is so little that it'll just about cover the tea ladies wages.

As for the latter, context added.

Pre-pandemic/cost of living - Championship, 7th Prem, FA Cup, European Games, 7th Prem

Post-pandemic/during cost of living - 13th Prem, 10th Prem

Notable difference have occurred since the start, which werent an issue that they currently are, so adding those in when it's not part of the point is an absolute argument in bad faith.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Have certainly not read through this thread so may be missing the point somewhat. There are many who can no longer afford some or indeed any of the things that go with being a football fan . I, in part am one although still have my ST. Having seen way over 1000 Wolves games guess my opinion has some validity. Can't get at all excited about the last 2 seasons or where we finished. Absolutely dire and would except virtually anything of than same again this coming season.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They want De Jong though, superior player proven at the top level.
Not sure about De Jong , but I do know that in Neves you have a stable hardworking talented man that could be your captain.
All that glitters is gold to Utd. Hence they have a bunch of disparate failing narcissists
Keep it coming

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah, a real fan having a pop at the scousers and 'victim' mentality.

What are you bleating on about, that is the crux of it. You can find it financially viable to travel the length and breath of the country, I currently do it, literally quoted a price to get to Leeds from my home.

Life is more than football against entertainment plays a huge factor, apologies if this inconveniences you, but it's a fact, unless you've got the spare funds in order to justify the costs then you're going to look towards other factors (in this case, entertainment) to validate the purchases.

I don't with any those things you've mentioned and frankly the idea of ticket rises to subsidise costs is a false narrative because the rise is so little that it'll just about cover the tea ladies wages.

As for the latter, context added.

Pre-pandemic/cost of living - Championship, 7th Prem, FA Cup, European Games, 7th Prem

Post-pandemic/during cost of living - 13th Prem, 10th Prem

Notable difference have occurred since the start, which werent an issue that they currently are, so adding those in when it's not part of the point is an absolute argument in bad faith.
Well that's that then.
No point arguing with someone as negative as you.
You make your choices and decisions. Others make theirs.
Good luck to all.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have certainly not read through this thread so may be missing the point somewhat. There are many who can no longer afford some or indeed any of the things that go with being a football fan . I, in part am one although still have my ST. Having seen way over 1000 Wolves games guess my opinion has some validity. Can't get at all excited about the last 2 seasons or where we finished. Absolutely dire and would except virtually anything of than same again this coming season.
There was a time, not so long ago, when we'd have loved to be in this position. All relative though. Give some folks a taste of "success" and when it doesn't continue, they want to believe everything is going wrong. In this case it isn't but we aren't going down the path of throwing money at players just to appease the fans who always want money thrown at it. Fosun are being sensible.

PS. And yes, I agree, some of the games have been abysmal. Hopefully Bruno has a handle on it and there will be less of those performances in the new season. Meanwhile, the negative ninnies will continue in their ways.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about De Jong , but I do know that in Neves you have a stable hardworking talented man that could be your captain.
All that glitters is gold to Utd. Hence they have a bunch of disparate failing narcissists
Keep it coming
Thing is, United believe they are too good for a player like Neves. They always want the guy who stands out on the field rather than the workhorse with real talent who makes things tick.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Thing is, United believe they are too good for a player like Neves. They always want the guy who stands out on the field rather than the workhorse with real talent who makes things tick.
If you don't think De Jong makes things tick and works his **** off you don't watched him.

He is world class. Starred in champions league, won trophies. He's played a box to box style, a sitting deep lying playmaker style and even played a sweeper in back 5.

Ridiculous talent.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that's that then.
No point arguing with someone as negative as you.
You make your choices and decisions. Others make theirs.
Good luck to all.
What? Negative?!

I'm merely stating that the cost of everything going up around us makes following a football team be put into perspective of 'is it worth it?'

Jesus.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Keep it coming
I see there are one or two MUtd players who seem to have left, has someone taken a broom to the stables or is there still some clearing out to be done? If the task is still ongoing it could explain why there is reluctance to go there.
On that note, how do we fare in the 'happiness' stakes? Are players happy to come here as of 7/2022?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you don't think De Jong makes things tick and works his **** off you don't watched him.

He is world class. Starred in champions league, won trophies. He's played a box to box style, a sitting deep lying playmaker style and even played a sweeper in back 5.

Ridiculous talent.
Can agree with that.
But how about Ronaldo , Pogba , Cavani and their 21/22 season . They all looked golden signings.
These guys know they are great and can become disruptive if things dont go their way.
De Jong may be another.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a time, not so long ago, when we'd have loved to be in this position. All relative though. Give some folks a taste of "success" and when it doesn't continue, they want to believe everything is going wrong. In this case it isn't but we aren't going down the path of throwing money at players just to appease the fans who always want money thrown at it. Fosun are being sensible.

PS. And yes, I agree, some of the games have been abysmal. Hopefully Bruno has a handle on it and there will be less of those performances in the new season. Meanwhile, the negative ninnies will continue in their ways.
Fair reply. Don't have any real gripe with Fosun in truth. But I'm convinced we could play more progressive football even allowing for any financial restraints. But I don't think Large has the wherewithal to implement a change of style.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Can agree with that.
But how about Ronaldo , Pogba , Cavani and their 21/22 season . They all looked golden signings.
These guys know they are great and can become disruptive if things dont go their way.
De Jong may be another.
Didn't have a proper manager tbf, and their signings just randomly thrown together names. Didn't fit a style, De Jong fits ETH style perfectly

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't have a proper manager tbf, and their signings just randomly thrown together names. Didn't fit a style, De Jong fits ETH style perfectly
Ok. But De Jong surrounded by the losers in that current team ?
It is my feeling they need to clear out the deadwood and spend around £300 million on half a dozen really top young players.
Otherwise the team is swamped by its comparative mediocrity and sense of entitlement.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ok. But De Jong surrounded by the losers in that current team ?
It is my feeling they need to clear out the deadwood and spend around £300 million on half a dozen really top young players.
Otherwise the team is swamped by its comparative mediocrity and sense of entitlement.
I mean wouldn't Neves be going to the same team?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean wouldn't Neves be going to the same team?
Yes but they need to build a team of guys like Neves . Rebuilding with four of five like him in personality .
Not splurge it on another one off superstar to add to a poor "team ". Its like putting lipstick on a pig, rather than the full makeover needed.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yes but they need to build a team of guys like Neves . Rebuilding with four of five like him in personality .
Not splurge it on another one off superstar to add to a poor "team ". Its like putting lipstick on a pig, rather than the full makeover needed.
So you know De Jong's personality?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he stays, but we must give him a new contract to protect his value.

New 5 year contract. £100k a week. Minimum release clause of £60-70m.

Seems reasonable enough all round doesn't it, or have I spent too long listening to my Grandson on FIFA?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I hope he stays, but we must give him a new contract to protect his value.

New 5 year contract. £100k a week. Minimum release clause of £60-70m.

Seems reasonable enough all round doesn't it, or have I spent too long listening to my Grandson on FIFA?
Yeah the top paid player is completely fair for Neves, and if you give him £55-60M release clause that should work.
Although tbf you could also just give him another season on top up money if that is what he'd sign as well.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No If you read my posts I am saying they need to build a squad with funds not splurge so much on one superstar . They keep doing that . I did say it’s like putting lipstick on a pig.
That's a fair point, they need 5 or 6 in. Although I'd back ETH to get a lot out of Sancho, Varane, Fernandes. They have some quality players just a lot of dross.
Was a blessing losing the likes of Lingard, Mata, Matic etc on a free

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don’t need Neves now. Beat Liverpool 4-0 today so they’re going to win the league :rolleyes:
With Fred and the non-entity that is Antony Martial in the team. Either Martials contract is nearly up or ETH is an immortal if he can get a tune out of that show pony

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get the feeling this isn't going to plan. As much as we want to see him here next season. Without signing a new contract we are in big trouble if we don't receive the right offer.

Back
Top Bottom