Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

RIP Pete Lewis (Goof)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3518
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3518

Gin just confirmed Pete's funeral 1pm tomorrow dressed in a Wolves shirt with Wolves scarves and lain in a Wolves coffin, spare a thought for him and play the Liquidator or Wooly Bully or whatever, just remember a great guy who loved the Wolves and the best friend anyone could hope for.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gin just confirmed Pete's funeral 1pm tomorrow dressed in a Wolves shirt with Wolves scarves and lain in a Wolves coffin, spare a thought for him and play the Liquidator or Wooly Bully or whatever, just remember a great guy who loved the Wolves and the best friend anyone could hope for.
That’s great and rip

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope you’re ok mate

D

Deleted member 3518

Hope you’re ok mate
Cheers mate, still struggling to be honest, particularly being stuck so far away and not able to say a personal goodbye. Fortunately Gin and Ercall were able to visit the grave after the ceremony and said a few words for me. I had a walk on the beach, nobody else about, and had a bitter sweet experience remembering my best mate.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally true it was Pete and me, mid-week game in League Cup from memory.
I was there and remember that. Despite coming originally from Telford l don't believe, to my loss from the sound of it, that l ever met Pete.
RIP Goof, a loyal Wolves fan.

Edited to add: Unless he was one of the Telford Wolves guys who Edgy introduced me to a couple of years ago in the Wheatsheaf.

Last edited:

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pete Lewis ( Goof) was laid to rest today.

Pete went in style ! his partner and kids made sure of that. Only 8 relatives allowed at the service. Paid my respects and had a chat with him this afternoon with Ercall. This picture is one of several that his partner, Sue, has sent to me and asked to share on various football forums as she's aware that not all of his friends would be able to see his Wolves coffin and be there with him. When the Covid virus has cleared off, there will be a memorial service for Pete in Wellington and a celebration of his life at the Red Lion function rooms, I'll advise date and time when Sue lets me know . Bye Pete, love and miss you x

Attachments

• 93323695_543761703191367_8303355441795039232_n.jpg
    93323695_543761703191367_8303355441795039232_n.jpg
    889.3 KB · Views: 145

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I didn't know Pete and as far as I know I've never met any of you guys and gals on here but Wolves brings us all together. I donned my Wolves shirt today and at 1pm I had Wooly Bully blasting out in honour of Pete.

Condolences to all of you who were close to him. I hope today wasn't too difficult and I hope that the fond memories you have of him help you through it.

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there and remember that. Despite coming originally from Telford l don't believe, to my loss from the sound of it, that l ever met Pete.
RIP Goof, a loyal Wolves fan.

Edited to add: Unless he was one of the Telford Wolves guys who Edgy introduced me to a couple of years ago in the Wheatsheaf.

Pete didn't use the Wheatsheaf, it was myself, Mike, Brendan, Dave W and a few other TW that he introduced you to, in the back room.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pete didn't use the Wheatsheaf, it was myself, Mike, Brendan, Dave W and a few other TW that he introduced you to, in the back room.
Ok, thanks for that. You seemed a good bunch (mind you, you are Wolves fans so...). After having a (thankfully minor) stroke in Dec 14 my memory for names is shocking.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Pete went in style ! his partner and kids made sure of that. Only 8 relatives allowed at the service. Paid my respects and had a chat with him this afternoon with Ercall. This picture is one of several that his partner, Sue, has sent to me and asked to share on various football forums as she's aware that not all of his friends would be able to see his Wolves coffin and be there with him. When the Covid virus has cleared off, there will be a memorial service for Pete in Wellington and a celebration of his life at the Red Lion function rooms, I'll advise date and time when Sue lets me know . Bye Pete, love and miss you x

Very sad Mark, take care mate.

306robc

RIP Pete Lewis (Goof)

I’m completely devastated with the loss of Pete.

He certainly was a ‘larger than life’ character who would speak to anyone about Wolves and leave a lasting impression.
I met Pete, at Wolves, over 30 years ago. I travelled to away games with him and Nick for many years. We had some great away days. Great memories.
Yes, he could be grumpy. Yes he would sulk if he didn’t get his own way; but overwhelmingly, he was the most positive and optimistic man I have met.

He had this rare ability to get on with people, even strangers. We got ourselves into many scrapes, but Pete would often smooth things over. He had a gift.

His optimism was infectious too. We followed Wolves all over the country, as Pete kept telling us we ‘would be alright’. Wherever Wolves we’re playing, we would be there, usually for opening time and a game of dominoes. We’d be back in Shropshire for another game before getting home in time for Match of the Day.

When work moved me away, he would phone me every day (yes, every day) to talk about Wolves, always signing off saying “we’re a massive club aye we?”
However bad we were (even through the worst times) he would give me optimism that things were about to get better.

I’m pleased that he experienced some great times recently. I kept waiting for him to say I told you so!!! We spent the day together in Turin and had a meal together in Porto. We also met again in Barcelona.
He talked to me about going to the Europa League Final. We had even made plans for this seasons End of Season Dinner. We would have been sitting together.

I am heartbroken that he will not be there.

I’ve raised a glass for Pete tonight. So sorry we could not attend your funeral today.
I have struggled to make sense of It all, to be honest.
My regards go to his family, also to Nick and anyone else who was blessed to know Pete and call him a friend.

RIP Goof

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers mate, still struggling to be honest, particularly being stuck so far away and not able to say a personal goodbye. Fortunately Gin and Ercall were able to visit the grave after the ceremony and said a few words for me. I had a walk on the beach, nobody else about, and had a bitter sweet experience remembering my best mate.

My best wishes and thoughts with you Nick, stay safe yourself.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

Caring and loving thoughts have the same meaning and value wherever they happen.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Top man as always Mark. Let me know when and where please.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Stay strong Bro, won't be long before we get together and raise a glass to Pete.

D

Deleted member 3518

Another of Pete's colleagues and a great friend has asked me to post the following on his behalf.

Nick thanks for helping me to get this post onto the site.

It is only now I feel I can write about Pete's passing and again this brings tears to my eyes. Like Paul on the earlier post I also knew Pete since the early 90's through working with him and for him at Norton Cast Products. Again like Paul we made a connection through a passion for foundry work and football me being lifelong Barnsley fan. For those of you who have met me either @ Oakwell or on my visits to Molineux I'm Barnsley Dave as Pete christened me and introduced me to his mates.

Pete was not just work colleague but was a wonderful friend to both me and my wife Susan also an ardent Barnsley fan but she also shared a love of gardening another of Pete's passions. We can't believe we not going to hear from him again on the mobile, in the car, full of mates either on the way to Molineux or an away game. It became something of a Saturday ritual.

I attended many Wolves away games with him even wearing the colours at Hillsborough and experiencing the famous free parking on some blokes driveway at Preston some years ago.

A few years back when my wife was in intensive care after a bad asthma attack and I was at a really low ebb it was Pete who came to see her in hospital. That was the mark of the man. People like Pete leave a mark on the world and he certainly left his he going to be sadly missed by many.

Good bye mate

Thanks for the above Dave, as you say the away-day phone calls from the car became a ritual. Will miss our meet-ups at the Carlton Park. You and Susan keep safe.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Mutchy.

I never knew the man personally, but being one of the "Pack" I shall most certainly raise a glass to Pete come tomorrow.

Likewise I didn't know him, but will have a glass of wine in his honour tomorrow.

Once a Wolf, always a Wolf.

Back
Top Bottom