Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rio Ferdinand

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that's quite a poor assumption as it lacks logic. How can you agree with something you don't understand? Unsure if this is something you do but I generally don't.

You will also see I've said that if they want to do it, there up to them i don't see an issue with the act itself.It's the fact that only the mimimum is done is the problem.

So what’s the point you’re making then? Are you defending those that booed it because of all the reasons you have for disagreeing with it? Do you think some booed it for those same reasons? Or just because they’re morons?

If you’re not defending those people, it’s just a strange time to choose to open a discussion about why players shouldn’t be taking the knee.

On a day where racial tensions are as high as they are and a day where the best manager we’ve had in generations has called it a day, who coincidently is a big supporter of the gesture.

It’s like the people who chose to use the death of Prince Philip as an opportunity to criticise the Royal family. Just very odd behaviour.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Booing the knee?
Monkey chants?

Get the **** out this club. Name and shame these pricks, act the big man? Let's see how you stand up now.

Un-****ing-believable when those same pricks would do that whilst cheering on our sadly departing BAME manager.

Way to let ourselves down. There are some ********* who follow this club.

Thoroughly disappointing and furious, please take these individuals at full force.

T

TheConcourse

Racists are scum.
But this is a political statement. Even if it’s about equality and nothing else .And it is disingenuous of anyone to suggest otherwise.
This is football a sport , an escape from life and it’s problems
And this is where my problem lies. Football gives these messages huge exposure. It’s another channel to amplify the message. And our players don’t seem to mind.

This is not a political agenda. This is trying to stop people acting like utter pricks. How can you not differentiate the two?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Racists are scum.
But this is a political statement. Even if it’s about equality and nothing else .And it is disingenuous of anyone to suggest otherwise.
This is football a sport , an escape from life and it’s problems
Are you against footballers wearing poppies on their shirts too?

D

Deleted member 4184

Two negative comments about Ferdinand to undermine him. Why do that as a result of him being subjected to racial abuse?

Allegedly. I think it's important that no proof has been given, yet.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you'll see by the person's sentence how important tackling this is. I can't see him getting much more than a slap on the wrist.
He’ll never set foot in Molineux ever again though.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But it’s never going to be when the issue is thrust in your face.
I struggle to comprehend that so many intelligent people fail to understand this. How humans, or at least an element of them, will react.

Really? So it’s the fault of people trying to raise awareness of racism that’s making people more racist?

If taking the knee triggers closet racists to show their true colours, carry it on until they’re all ****ed off.

T

TheConcourse

Really? So it’s the fault of people trying to raise awareness of racism that’s making people more racist?

If taking the knee triggers closet racists to show their true colours, carry it on until they’re all ****ed off.
Couldn’t make it up, could you?

People more interested about stopping an apparent political movement than stopping inequality.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is exactly why players and staff continue to take the knee.

On a day where Wolves fans gather to pay homage to one of our greatest Managers (who, of course, is the only BAME Manager in the Premier League), to behave like that beggars belief.

Absolute ****.
And football was meant to be so much better with fans...... With ****s like we've got I'm not so sure

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
And this is where my problem lies. Football gives these messages huge exposure. It’s another channel to amplify the message. And our players don’t seem to mind.

This is not a political agenda. This is trying to stop people acting like utter pricks. How can you not differentiate the two?

Of those players and staff bending the knee, I wonder how many are doing it in support of a US political movement, or just as a gesture opposing racism (I don't really, bleeding obvious ain't it?)

D

Deleted member 11332

So what’s the point you’re making then? Are you defending those that booed it because of all the reasons you have for disagreeing with it? Do you think some booed it for those same reasons? Or just because they’re morons?

If you’re not defending those people, it’s just a strange time to choose to open a discussion about why players shouldn’t be taking the knee.

On a day where racial tensions are as high as they are and a day where the best manager we’ve had in generations has called it a day, who coincidently is a big supporter of the gesture.

It’s like the people who chose to use the death of Prince Philip as an opportunity to criticise the Royal family. Just very odd behaviour.

I haven't once defended what happened so you should probably read stuff properly before making baseless accusations at people. Could get you in trouble if you do that in life rather than a faceless internet forum.

I was discussing the topic of the gesture itself and what has been said by prominent people who are affected by the issue. I agree with the quote I have put in here from Les Ferdinand.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t say defend, I said excuse. Trying to undermine the person subjected to it.
I really fail to see where you are coming from. Would I racially abuse him? No I wouldn't, bloke that did it is a prize idiot. Just pointing out Ferdinand has history with The South Bank and that is a fact.

R

reanswolf

That is exactly what I am saying. Sadly that is what is happening. Just don’t be surprised.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Get them ****ed off. Raise your flags to the mast boys.

The same pricks who sang 'town full of paki's' in Luton, the same ones who took the mick out of Freddy Eastwood gypsy heritage, the same ones who did this today.

Livid.

Wolverhampton to me have always stood as a diverse city, wolves to me have always embraced the multi cultural society this city has been forged in.

These scum dont deserve the name.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't once defended what happened so you should probably read stuff properly before making baseless accusations at people. Could get you in trouble if you do that in life rather than a faceless internet forum.

I was discussing the topic of the gesture itself and what has been said by prominent people who are affected by the issue. I agree with the quote I have put in here from Les Ferdinand.

I haven’t accused you of defending them. I asked if you were, which you’ve answered.

I then said if you weren’t, which you’ve confirmed, that is was a very odd time to choose to discuss the effectiveness of the gesture itself.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an old man with 2 multiracial granddaughters I adore, I don't actually support taking a knee but need an alternative to demonstrate our opposition to racism, hate and suppression in whatever guise.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is not, and never will be, a cure for stupid.
The obvious answer would be education. In the press, by their mates, by their experiences etc.

Sadly some of these are educated by the MailOnline, their news feeds and right wing 'non-MSM' websites. I pity the fools.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I really fail to see where you are coming from. Would I racially abuse him? No I wouldn't, bloke that did it is a prize idiot. Just pointing out Ferdinand has history with The South Bank and that is a fact.
An irrelevant one in the context of him being subject to racial abuse.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is exactly what I am saying. Sadly that is what is happening. Just don’t be surprised.

Then long may it continue until every one of them can never set foot in Molineux again.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

What did Rio do to the South Bank? I honestly can't remember

D

Deleted member 11332

I haven’t accused you of defending them. I asked if you were, which you’ve answered.

I then said if you weren’t, which you’ve confirmed, that is was a very odd time to choose to discuss the gesture itself.

I think it's the best time to discuss it. There's been an example this very day after they have taken the knee of someone doing the very thing that they are attempting to change, shows to me that it's not enough.

I personally think the way Ferdinand spoke was much more powerful and although it's awful he's had to suffer it, he has turned it into a situation that may have a positive impact in the long run.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think the relevance of that fact is the issue. He was very complimentary about the crowd. He said there had been some 'banter'. I'm not a fan of him personally, but that's irrelevant in this situation. He acted with complete dignity and compassion, even to the moron who abused him. Why bring it up?

YamYamWolf

Reaction score
Glad to hear the guy has been arrested and banned for life. Nothing short of a disgrace and dragged our name through the mud. I hope anyone who was around it called it out too.

I was shocked to hear we booed the kneel when coming out of the ground. Personally didnt hear the boos whilst players were taking the knee. There were boos when Henderson was running towards the south bank after they won the coin toss.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's the best time to discuss it. There's been an example this very day after they have taken the knee of someone doing the very thing that they are attempting to change, shows to me that it's not enough.

I personally think the way Ferdinand spoke was much more powerful and although it's awful he's had to suffer it, he has turned it into a situation that may have a positive impact in the long run.

Agree on the Ferdinand thing.

But disagree that the knee should be scrapped off, because it’s the very minimum that we should be doing at the moment. More needs to be done and those triggered to boo it need to take a long hard look at themselves.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Nobody thinks it's enough. Most people think it increases the chances of more being done. Les and Wilfred think it decreases the chance, which is their perogative. None of that excuses anyone booing it (I know you didn't say it does).

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The obvious answer would be education. In the press, by their mates, by their experiences etc.

Sadly some of these are educated by the MailOnline, their news feeds and right wing 'non-MSM' websites. I pity the fools.

The stupid and ignorant are like that for a reason in my view, many just dont want to be educated. The majority of the population understand the correct way to behave, some people grow up not knowing any better.

Before taking lazy leaps into turning this into a right wing issue, I am mindful that there are numerous liberal leaning people equally happy to turn a blind eye and/or excuse attacks on Jews in London this week.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you against footballers wearing poppies on their shirts too?
What - wear a poppy every day of the year for a year ?
But seriously I have no strong opinion on that. Probably because it only happens once a year.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Disclaimer...... Ferdinand is the best thing since sliced bread and I will forever be a fan of his till my dying day.
You’ve spectacularly missed the point. Your posts may have a bearing on ordinary abuse, but on racial abuse they dont at all.

D

Deleted member 11332

Agree on the Ferdinand thing.

But disagree that the knee should be scrapped off, because it’s the very minimum that we should be doing at the moment. More needs to be done and those triggered to boo it need to take a long hard look at themselves.
Nobody thinks it's enough. Most people think it increases the chances of more being done. Les and Wilfred think it decreases the chance, which is their perogative. None of that excuses anyone booing it (I know you didn't say it does).

I just think it's one of those things where the PL have got behind to make it look like they are actively doing something to combat the issue without actually having to do something.

As the two players you've mentioned there say, the message is diluted similar to the clap for carers thing. The longer this goes on the less effective the message is. I say this but I don't really know what the solution is, or if it should be scrapped. I don't really have an issue with them doing so but I can't help but agree that it's just turning into one of those things that people don't even take notice off, like the rainbow laces stuff whereas when it was first used the message was powerful.

R

reanswolf

Then long may it continue until every one of them can never set foot in Molineux again.
I agree in principle, but I fear that taking of the knee to some degree generates the negative response.
If you think everyone is fully behind this then that is naive, because many people whilst seeking equality for all, are sick to death of seeing the issue in the “sport” they love.
Personally I want to see intelligent ways of promoting equality for all but I do not want to see it in football .
Football is an escape for many, but it is not something that should be used for any political stance week in week out, whether it be BLM, animal rights, or gay rights.
If I had been there today I think I might have nearly booed the knee , not because I don’t want equality for all, but because I don’t want to see football used to engineer any cause. That is why most are booing.

that bloke who did the monkey chant should be locked in a dark room with Rio.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But it’s never going to be when the issue is thrust in your face.
I struggle to comprehend that so many intelligent people fail to understand this. How humans, or at least an element of them, will react.
Respectfully dear chap and I usually agree with a lot of your posts, but ( and you and I have talked about this before),I can’t understand or agree with you when you say that the media makes it worse or it’s thrust in their face. You too are intelligent but yet you too fail to understand the point of the campaign.
If there’s a tiny, tiny percentage of people who are not racist now but change their minds and become racist BECAUSE. of the media......then, .isn’t it far more likely that the coverage will educate more people than not?

and racism is IN football so it’s perfectly right to confront it there

Last edited:

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve spectacularly missed the point. Your posts may have a bearing on ordinary abuse, but on racial abuse they dont at all.
Blimey there was me bringing to a close our conversation. But up you pop quoting me again :)

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12 months ago racism was largely eradicated in mainstream society. BLM come along and it’s worse than ever.

I don’t care if Nuno advocates it, I don’t care if Stephen George ****in Bull advocates it, it’s completely ludicrous and is causing way, way more harm than good,

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is a political gesture . Believe me if I thought it only did good I wouldnt mind . Racist abuse on Twitter has increased 3 fold since this started. . When should it stop ?

Last edited:

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unfortunately racism is normalised by part of the media.... go read look on the daily mail/ Torygraph to see, have a look at the likes of Laurence Fox or Nigel Farage who's political positions have been normalised.... whilst it is still normalised it will still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom