Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rio Ferdinand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only way to eradicate the crap from society, is continue to call the scum out, report, punish and educate.

Well done to the staff at Wolves for the swift action, and the media team who published a classy response.

Hopefully others will think again, before being so ignorant and pathetic.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Scary how many people haven’t the faintest idea what BLM stand for.

As for the moron monkey chanting, ban for life please.

We have absolutely zero chance of defeating racism though whilst people genuinely think taking the knee is the answer.
Scary that people still think taking the knee is in support of a particular political movement.

Also scary that anyone thinks that anyone believes it's a solution rather than to highlight a problem.

Also scary to not understand that booing taking the knee is exactly the sort of thing that emboldens these morons.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scary how many people haven’t the faintest idea what BLM stand for.

As for the moron monkey chanting, ban for life please.

We have absolutely zero chance of defeating racism though whilst people genuinely think taking the knee is the answer.
I don't think any of us believe taking the knee is the answer, mate.

However, to my mind it does display to our young supporters that their heroes believe it is wrong and foolish to judge people by their skin colour or racial background.

So, if a kid sees these actions and it causes her/him to think about the negative impact of racism in any society, then I think taking the knee will serve a useful purpose.

More than entitled to disagree with me about this but the bottom line is we share the same anti-racist agenda.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? What does writing "abused by a Wolves fan" add to the debate that "abused by a fan" doesn't?
Come on mate, it just adds some specificity to things. It doesn't insinuate that we're all racist. Surely the key thing here is that a fan acted in a way that's rightly beyond the pale these days.

The lad will be banned. Good riddance.

D

Deleted member 11332

Scary that people still think taking the knee is in support of a particular political movement.

Also scary that anyone thinks that anyone believes it's a solution rather than to highlight a problem.

Also scary to not understand that booing taking the knee is exactly the sort of thing that emboldens these morons.

But everyone who's not been living on the moon is aware of the issue. Highlighting something that everyone already knows about seems like a pointless exercise to me anyway.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not trying to be deliberately provocative but I can’t comprehend just how many people can’t distinguish between racist scum (rightly banned) and the booing of taking the knee.

I wound argue BLM have set race relations in this country back at least 40 years. Then again that was probably their aim.

As for the moron monkey chanting, I just despair. Jesus Christ.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m not trying to be deliberately provocative but I can’t comprehend just how many people can’t distinguish between racist scum (rightly banned) and the booing of taking the knee.

I wound argue BLM have set race relations in this country back at least 40 years. Then again that was probably their aim.
There is zero difference between the two. BLM is a statement. Black Livers Matter. Anyone booing that sentiment deserves banning just as much as the guy who has been arrested. This is exactly why taking the knee has been important.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Only way to eradicate the crap from society, is continue to call the scum out, report, punish and educate.

Well done to the staff at Wolves for the swift action, and the media team who published a classy response.

Hopefully others will think again, before being so ignorant and pathetic.
That’s the thing though, they are not ignorant, they know full well they can get away with this abhorrent abuse with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.
Does anyone truly believe that a lifetime ban from the club is any sort of punishment, doubt the perpetrators do, possibly a slight inconvenience when they can’t vent their bile on a match day to seek attention?
If burning at the stake was such a thing I personally wouldn’t bat an eyelid, as you can imagine I feel very strongly about this and it doesn’t have any place in a so called modern inclusive society. Rant over!

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As for the moron monkey chanting, I just despair. Jesus Christ.

The players, who collectively have advocated for the taking the knee this season, couldn’t have been clearer that it has no connection with political ideology whatsoever.

Just because some radical people (predominantly in the US) attached to the BLM movement have some wider political agenda, doesn’t undermine the primary message of anti-discrimination. In fact it is the people who are so keen to label taking the knee as somehow ‘Marxist’ that are setting race relations back. Such people are looking for an excuse not to display solidarity with BAME people.

To draw an analogy, it is like people saying “Wolves is a racist club” because of what happened to Rio today. Most sensible people know that the club shouldn’t be judged by the actions of a few individuals. Similarly, the anti-discrimination message of taking the knee shouldn’t be judged by the separate political agenda of a a few people in an organisation which is completely remote from the stated symbolic message as explained by PL players.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on, well said pal.

D

Deleted member 11332

Careful...
Ferdinand - doing his job at a football match today - was abused for being being black.
There is no justifiable way to make him part of the reason for that.

I meant Les and his views on the taking of the knee not Rio. I've amended.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Midlands Police confirmed at 6:22pm that a 31 year old man, has been detained as a result of the gesture.

May that individual forever regret such an action!

D

Deleted member 11332

Nuno's view was that he'd like to see taking a knee last for longer when its done.

And if that's what people want to do that's up to them. I have no issue with it personally, doesn't affect my life it's about 3 seconds and if they think it's helping then carry on doing so. Just reading a lot of what zaha has said about it along with the stuff Les Ferdinand said when qpr refused to do it resonated with me.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
There are issues around taking the knee of course, it's not necessarily translated across the Atlantic very well. However the reasons Les Ferdinand and Wilfred Zaha don't like it aren't to do with thinking racism isn't a problem or that highlighting it isn't necessary. They are just frustrated that even within football it feels like "dealing with racism - taking the knee, tick" next...

The shame is that their argument that more (or something) needs to be done is being used by people who really are arguing for nothing to be done.

If you want clubs to stop taking the knee and ruthlessly expel any fans or players etc indulging in any racist act then fair enough. That's a start.

D

Deleted member 11332

They might choose not to take the knee but they don't boo other players taking the knee. That's the issue.

I don't really understand the booing.

Both have said it's just an empty gesture though and more needs to be done. I think today has highlighted that is definitely the case.

"The message has been lost. It is now not dissimilar to a fancy hashtag or a nice pin badge," Ferdinand said in a statement on the club website.

"Taking the knee will not bring about change in the game - actions will."

This is the crux of the matter. I don't know what the answer is but what is being done currently isnt working is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom