Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rio Ferdinand

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can actually. You can hate racism but dislike empty symbolic gestures.
There’s a lot of accuracy in this. I abhor racism but carrying a cardboard sign saying BLM is not changing things very much.
However, players taking the knee is good because young kids seeing this as they grow up will ask “why do they do that “........and that’s how we impact the future culture.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12 months ago racism was largely eradicated in mainstream society. BLM come along and it’s worse than ever.

I don’t care if Nuno advocates it, I don’t care if Stephen George ****in Bull advocates it, it’s completely ludicrous and is causing way, way more harm than good,
You think these racists have been evilly coerced back into racist behaviour by BLM? Before that they were quite leisurely going about their lives full of equality?

T

TheConcourse

It is a political gesture . Believe me if I thought it only did good I wouldnt mind . Racist abuse on Twitter has increased 3 fold since this started. . When should it stop ?
Sorry, I’m really confused.

Racial abuse has increased 3x on Twitter, so we should stop amplifying “gestures” which try to tackle racial abuse?

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12 months ago racism was largely eradicated in mainstream society. BLM come along and it’s worse than ever.

I don’t care if Nuno advocates it, I don’t care if Stephen George ****in Bull advocates it, it’s completely ludicrous and is causing way, way more harm than good,

Nonsense. The number of reported racial instances in the UK has risen every year for the last 10 years.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree in principle, but I fear that taking of the knee to some degree generates the negative response.
If you think everyone is fully behind this then that is naive, because many people whilst seeking equality for all, are sick to death of seeing the issue in the “sport” they love.
Personally I want to see intelligent ways of promoting equality for all but I do not want to see it in football .
Football is an escape for many, but it is not something that should be used for any political stance week in week out, whether it be BLM, animal rights, or gay rights.
If I had been there today I think I might have nearly booed the knee , not because I don’t want equality for all, but because I don’t want to see football used to engineer any cause. That is why most are booing.

that bloke who did the monkey chant should be locked in a dark room with Rio.

I agree football is an escape for many and politics should be kept out of it.

But this isn’t a political thing, it’s an equality thing. I understand there are people with what are seen as ‘more traditional views’ but a lot of the time, those views are actually now against the law.

I guess what I’m trying to say is if you’re racist, homophobic, transphobic or any of the usual ****e, football probably isn’t going to be the game to use for your escape going forward.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a lot of accuracy in this. I abhor racism but carrying a cardboard sign saying BLM is not changing things very much.
However, players taking the knee is good because young kids seeing this as they grow up will ask “why do they do that “........and that’s how we impact the future culture.
When should it stop. If ever ? I fear it inflames racism and division.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boos when the players took the knee. What's happening to Wolverhampton?
Unfortunately it’s not just Wolverhampton.. it’s the ludicrous “news” and opinions being spread around social media as gospel.

Taking the knee in the name of “removing racism from football”.. is actually far left activists wanting to take away your freedoms and rights as a human being. Supposedly.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, I’m really confused.

Racial abuse has increased 3x on Twitter, so we should stop amplifying “gestures” which try to tackle racial abuse?
I think you may be confused because you don’t understand the complex workings of a human mind . Read Freud on why all people are narcissistic. It takes more than telling people ‘you are wrong” and often that inflames differences.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately it’s not just Wolverhampton.. it’s the ludicrous “news” and opinions being spread around social media as gospel.

Taking the knee in the name of “removing racism from football”.. is actually far left activists wanting to take away your freedoms and rights as a human being. Supposedly.
And booing them whilst taking the knee.. isn’t a massive slap in the face of all your minority players and co-fans and brothers in arms.. you are actually standing up to a nasty left media machine in the name of theirs and your own freedoms.

Deluded.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

So you're seriously trying to suggest that people who weren't racist 12 months ago have become racist because of an anti-racism campaign?

R

reanswolf

Respectfully dear chap and I usually agree with a lot of your posts, but ( and you and I have talked about this before),I can’t understand or agree with you when you say that the media makes it worse or it’s thrust in their face. You too are intelligent but yet you too fail to understand the point of the campaign.
If there’s a tiny, tiny percentage of people who are not racist now but change their minds and become racist BECAUSE. of the media......then, .isn’t it far more likely that the coverage will educate more people than not?
I see things through a realistic eye, not an idealistic one. I have lived in Wolverhampton for many years, it is largely a great multi cultural place, but I know also that if you push one agenda continuously, that it upsets the equilibrium.
I totally agree that we should strive to make society as fair and equal as possible, but this so- called publicity stunt you call education via football is not the answer. It only inflames the situation sadly.
I don’t want it to do that, but I understand how human nature reacts.
i see it around me. Using football as a vehicle to educate people about one cause constantly is going to be detrimental.
Do you really think that if footballers took the knee before every game to stop people drinking beer it would have effect?
It’s not the actual message, it’s the fact that football is being used to engineer ‘any’ specific message that ****es people off and hence inevitably becomes counter productive.

Believe me, that is exactly what is happening. It is inevitable and the more you push a cause, the worse the reaction becomes. A reaction from some is inevitable. Sadly. And then we act horrified and surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you may be confused because you don’t understand the complex workings of a human mind . Read Freud on why all people are narcissistic.

Telling people who disagree with you on an emotive subject that they are confused because don't understand things is an excellent, productive and not all inflammatory way to take a discussion. :rolleyes:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see things through a realistic eye, not an idealistic one. I have lived in Wolverhampton for many years, it is largely a great multi cultural place, but I know also that if you push one agenda continuously, that it upsets the equilibrium.
I totally agree that we should strive to make society as fair and equal as possible, but this so- called publicity stunt you call education is not the answer. It only inflames the situation sadly.
i see it around me. Using football as a vehicle to educate people about one cause constantly is going to be detrimental.
Do you really think that if footballers took the knee before every game to stop people drinking beer it would have effect?
It’s not the actual message, it’s the fact that football is being used to engineer ‘any’ specific message that ****es people off and hence inevitably becomes counter productive.

Believe me, that is exactly what is happening. It is inevitable and the more you push a cause, the worse the reaction becomes. A reaction from some is inevitable. Sadly. And then we act horrified and surprised.
Sorry but there is too much wrong and inaccurate to even try to respond.

D

Deleted member 11332

Classic victim blaming. If they hadn’t done this, then the other person wouldn’t have reacted how they did.

Like saying racism is getting worse because of the anti-racism messages, when in reality it’s getting worse because of the racists!!

I will say this. There are a lot more incidents reported as there are people willing to call the behaviour out. However on the rise in the social media incidents, how many have been found to be moron kids who are just doing something to get a reaction after realising how much of an emotive issue it is when players have talked about it. Not that it's ever the victims fault.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Classic victim blaming. If they hadn’t done this, then the other person wouldn’t have reacted how they did.

Like saying racism is getting worse because of the anti-racism messages, when in reality it’s getting worse because of the racists!!
Ok if you believe it works. Anything to stop racists . I agree.

Arthur

Reaction score
Booing BLM and the politically-motivated agenda it involves is an acceptable thing.

Denying an individual's humanity by comparing him to an animal on the sole basis of his skin colour is another, and should lead to prosecution and a lifetime ban from any football ground.

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I totally agree that we should strive to make society as fair and equal as possible, but this so- called publicity stunt you call education via football is not the answer. It only inflames the situation sadly.

I don’t disagree with your assessment of the situation.

But if an individual’s response to that is to be racist to someone to show their disapproval, surely they realise they are just making the problem worse?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jfc.

T

TheConcourse

I think you may be confused because you don’t understand the complex workings of a human mind . Read Freud on why all people are narcissistic. It takes more than telling people ‘you are wrong” and often that inflames differences.
Ha. Okay mate.

You crack on. I hear The Chimp Paradox is a fascinating read.

Spoiler: Chapter 12 talks about the need for political agendas to be stamped out even if their intention is to create a fairer world for everyone. One where Rio doesn’t have to be called a monkey to his face. Or where black footballers get pelted with DMs weekly.

All politics, of course.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

100% this.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will say this. There are a lot more incidents reported as there are people willing to call the behaviour out. However on the rise in the social media incidents, how many have been found to be moron kids who are just doing something to get a reaction after realising how much of an emotive issue it is when players have talked about it. Not that it's ever the victims fault.

I don’t give those kids the benefit of the doubt though. If someone chooses to racially abuse someone, I put it down to them being racist.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha. Okay mate.

You crack on. I hear The Chimp Paradox is a fascinating read.

Spoiler: Chapter 12 talks about the need for political agendas to be stamped out even if their intention is to create a fairer world for everyone. One where Rio doesn’t have to be called a monkey to his face. Or where black footballers get pelted with DMs weekly.

All politics, of course.
Oddly enough we probably both want the same thing . An end to racism . Well meaning people can differ.

R

reanswolf

I don’t disagree with your assessment of the situation.

But if an individual’s response to that is to be racist to someone to show their disapproval, surely they realise they are just making the problem worse?
Probably true, sadly. But I don’t think the majority who are booing are being racist , they are booing the fact that the leisure pass time they love is being used to engineer any specific moral or political cause persistently.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Booing BLM and the politically-motivated agenda it involves is an acceptable thing.

Denying an individual's humanity by comparing him to an animal on the sole basis on his skin colour is another, and should lead to prosecution and a lifetime ban from any football ground.

I imagine in 10-15 years time, people won't look back too kindly on the booing of an anti-racism gesture. It will be one of those things people look back on regretfully or struggle to believe happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom