Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Renato Sanches

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we saw the very best of him last night against France. In so many ways he would be ideal for us especially if we can keep hold of Neves as they would dovetail beautifully together. Lille need the dosh and I can't think of a more important signing for the club right now. Fee is difficult to assess and if he keeps playing well at euros might go up but I think £25m to £30m is probably the level we are talking about. Many of us have mentioned him over the past year as a great potential signing.

Use the Traore money to buy him if necessary - assuming he is going. And no he is not out of our league before someone comes up with the usual....assuming we can match his salary expectations and we are holding on to most of our best players, we are a top half, Portuguese friendly, Premier League team for him to feel at home in and develop his career with. The only issue for me might be a lack of height in defensive situations if he and Neves were in tandem but that can be overcome.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we saw the very best of him last night against France. In so many ways he would be ideal for us especially if we can keep hold of Neves as they would dovetail beautifully together. Lille need the dosh and I can't think of a more important signing for the club right now. Fee is difficult to assess and if he keeps playing well at euros might go up but I think £25m to £30m is probably the level we are talking about. Many of us have mentioned him over the past year as a great potential signing.

Use the Traore money to buy him if necessary - assuming he is going. And no he is not out of our league before someone comes up with the usual....assuming we can match his salary expectations and we are holding on to most of our best players, we are a top half, Portuguese friendly, Premier League team for him to feel at home in and develop his career with. The only issue for me might be a lack of height in defensive situations if he and Neves were in tandem but that can be overcome.
I think we may have had a chance pre Euro's but hes having a fine tournament so a few lazy clubs (Spurs, Everton etc) will just gazzump us.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage had Sanches at Swansea.
It was Paul Clement who brought him in on loan from Bayern though, as he was assistant there at one stage before becoming manager at Swansea. Carvalhal and Lage just happened to walk into the Swansea job mid season with him already there.

Personally think that after winning the French League with Lille and impressing in the Euros he's probably out of reach now, despite potentially being available for only £25m due to Lille's financial situation.

The only slither of hope I have is the Mendes links & the fact that Lage will have coached and developed him at youth level. It's amazing to think he's still only 23, as he was just 18 years old at Euro 2016 when he shone and won the golden boy award!

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I also fear we may have missed the boat too. His stock is currently incredibly high and sure he will have “bigger” suitors right now. Hope not as I think he would be perfect for us and many have been saying for a good while now.. love it if this happens .

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fear we have been too slow in pursuing the likes of Sanches and Palhinha, probably both out of our reach now.

Not blaming Fosun, Nuno's choice ultimately.
Thinking exactly this last night. Players that have a good tournament will see their price rise way beyond us. Players who don't get a game, or little game time, like Traore and Neves will therefore not get the chance to enhance their reputation. This could work one of 2 ways - either they will be sold for less than we hoped or clubs may lose interest?

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he will end up at Liverpool to replace Wijnaldum

D

Deleted member 11332

Fear we have been too slow in pursuing the likes of Sanches and Palhinha, probably both out of our reach now.

Not blaming Fosun, Nuno's choice ultimately.

Even if I thought Sanches was which I don't, how would Palhinha be out of our reach? We could afford him and his wages and he wants to play in England.

modenawolf

Reaction score
An amazing player and would be my number one target but I fear he's going (back) to one of the big Champions League clubs this summer.

Palhinha probably a more realistic target for us.

R

reanswolf

Even if I thought Sanches was which I don't, how would Palhinha be out of our reach? We could afford him and his wages and he wants to play in England.
Yeah possibly right, just have to see what comes of it.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanches is the player nuno desperately needed but never perused. I would put him above a cb this summer

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we desperately need what he is now, not what he was before. Hindsight is great.

Didn't he say he was joining us 3 months ago on Twitter or at least hinted at it?

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mentioned this earlier on the Transfer Rumour Thread - Rumours on SM that he's going to have his buy back clause activated by Bayern.

Another one we *should* have signed last year, along with Palhinha.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
didn't he say he was joining us 3 months ago on Twitter or at least hinted at it?
Not really, no. He liked a tweet about it back in November, think that was probably more down to the fact that the article referred to him as a flop than anything to do with us tbh?

Screenshot_20210624-115758__01.jpg

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love him here but I think he will now have bigger fish to fry.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was quality last night. Him and Mountinho were bossing it last night, however he's going to go to a CL club I would think now, unless Lage can weave his magic.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should forget about scouting the Euros. The best players we could have signed will most likely be beyond our reach come the end of the tournament and we really don’t want to sign THAT PLAYER who has a fine tournament from nowhere but is ultimately not very good.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we spent £35m on Fabio we shouldn't think twice about £35m on Sanches or Palhinha.

But I fear we have been too slow and/or too stupid. Could easily see Palhinha at somewhere like Leicester

My point of view, too. Wouldn't have raised an eyebrow at £35M for Sanches, seems odd that now £20M is too much.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realistically we had a chance with renato when he left bayern for Lillie 2 summers ago for about 18m......although at the time he probably wanted to avoid the premiership and develop a bit in France.... He is very talented player who has already been around bayern Munich.... Unfortunately wolves are a development club for youngsters at best... He won't want to spend his prime players years at a club like wolves and seriously would have expectations a lot higher than us...unfortunately its just where we are in the European football pyramid.... We ain't at the top or near it.....

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than on here, has there been anything concrete that Sanches is really someone we are interested in?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind Sanches (who is long gone) I think it's quite touching that people still think Palhinha might end up with us. He looked an absolute monster when he came on at half-time and the Portuguese media and fans are now hailing him. The secret is very much out, and if Sporting don't cash in now, they'll bide their time and win the league again with him at the heart of midfield, before he heads for a Champions League club next summer.

Neves is currently in the shadow of them both, and if anyone will be at Molineux next season it's more likely to be our Ruben than the other two, because anyone courting him has turned their attention to Sanches and Palhinha!!!

We're going to have to be more creative than this, sorry people. The good news is that I think we will be under Fosun / Mendes / Lage.

D

Deleted member 11332

Never mind Sanches (who is long gone) I think it's quite touching that people still think Palhinha might end up with us. He looked an absolute monster when he came on at half-time and the Portuguese media and fans are now hailing him. The secret is very much out, and if Sporting don't cash in now, they'll bide their time and win the league again with him at the heart of midfield, before he heads for a Champions League club next summer.

Neves is currently in the shadow of them both, and if anyone will be at Molineux next season it's more likely to be our Ruben than the other two, because anyone courting him has turned their attention to Sanches and Palhinha!!!

We're going to have to be more creative than this, sorry people. The good news is that I think we will be under Fosun / Mendes / Lage.

He hasn't been able to beat Danilo out of the team and was even behind Carvalho before the euros started. He wouldn't have even come on if Danilo didn't nearly get his head blasted off by Lloris. Think people are going massively overboard.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn't been able to beat Danilo out of the team and was even behind Carvalho before the euros started. He wouldn't have even come on if Danilo didn't nearly get his head blasted off by Lloris. Think people are going massively overboard.

he was better than either of those players, but they've obviously been around longer. he will soon be starting

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I mentioned this earlier on the Transfer Rumour Thread - Rumours on SM that he's going to have his buy back clause activated by Bayern.

Another one we *should* have signed last year, along with Palhinha.
Sorry but almost no one on here was calling for us to sign him last year after 19 games in France, 1 year after going for £25M. Revisionist history.

Also we'd have had Neves, Joao, Palhinha, Donk, Sanches for 2 spots. Also have no right back and no back up striker

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but almost no one on here was calling for us to sign him last year after 19 games in France, 1 year after going for £25M. Revisionist history.

Also we'd have had Neves, Joao, Palhinha, Donk, Sanches for 2 spots. Also have no right back and no back up striker
3 spots in a 4 3 3

CM and CB and a back up CF was all that was needed last year

instead we signed - a RB, young CF who wasn’t ready, and sold an attacker

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

3 spots in a 4 3 3

CM and CB and a back up CF was all that was needed last year

instead we signed - a RB, young CF who wasn’t ready, and sold an attacker
We have never played a 4 3 3 that i can remember. We also sold Doherty who wanted to go so you need to replace him. Who are you getting? You're talking about signing 2 CMs so don't you need to update that to 2xCM, a CB, a back up CF and a RB.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fernando Santos starting Danilo and W.Carvalho in midfield doesn't mean they're better or ahead of Palhinha though.

Portugal fans have been crying out for him & Sanches to play since before the tournament started and see Danilo and W.Carvalho as one of the worst pairings they could pick out of the selection available

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

*Looks carefully*

Nope, I didn't say anyone else said we should've signed him last year.

Just my opinion that we should have signed him last year along with Palhinha and moved on some of our poorer options in CM.

You can't claim revisionist history for something I didn't say in the first place.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

*Looks carefully*

Nope, I didn't say anyone else said we should've signed him last year.

Just my opinion that we should have signed him last year along with Palhinha and moved on some of our poorer options in CM.

You can't claim revisionist history for something I didn't say in the first place.
Yeah but it's quite easy to say we should have signed x after they had a brilliant year. Palhinha we missed the boat on i think, Sanches not so much.

D

Deleted member 11332

he was better than either of those players, but they've obviously been around longer. he will soon be starting
Fernando Santos starting Danilo and W.Carvalho in midfield doesn't mean they're better or ahead of Palhinha though.

Portugal fans have been crying out for him & Sanches to play since before the tournament started and see Danilo and W.Carvalho as one of the worst pairings they could pick out of the selection available

I know he's a bit of an idiot but if Palhinha showed he was that much better than Danilo he'd be in. He's 25 so not a young kid. I think he's a quality player having watched him at sporting last year I know what he's capable of, but he's just not going to be moving to one of the elite champions League teams and has said before he wants to play in England.
That leaves him with a few choices but how many are that much more attractive? I'm unsure any of them are.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Yeah but it's quite easy to say we should have signed x after they had a brilliant year. Palhinha we missed the boat on i think, Sanches not so much.
Unless your Jez Moxey,
Lets sign Clarke instead of Wilson
Keogh instead of Sharp (i quite liked Keogh as well)
Surman instead of Lallana
Obviously all were possibly just speculation but we always seemed to sign the so called lesser player under Jez "best in the business" Moxey.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess it must just be me that thought that although he looked good for much of the match I think his first touch on occasion was woeful.

Back
Top Bottom