Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Renato Sanches

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless your Jez Moxey,
Lets sign Clarke instead of Wilson
Keogh instead of Sharp (i quite liked Keogh as well)
Surman instead of Lallana
Obviously all were possibly just speculation but we always seemed to sign the so called lesser player under Jez "best in the business" Moxey.
You forgot Johnson instead of Dann although I think in the case of the latter we forgot to take his phone off him during the medical and our offer was gazumped.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless your Jez Moxey,
Lets sign Clarke instead of Wilson
Keogh instead of Sharp (i quite liked Keogh as well)
Surman instead of Lallana
Obviously all were possibly just speculation but we always seemed to sign the so called lesser player under Jez "best in the business" Moxey.
If I remember right the intention was to buy them both but Sharp turned us down

D

Deleted member yltz11841

You forgot Johnson instead of Dann although I think in the case of the latter we forgot to take his phone off him during the medical and our offer was gazumped.
I wasn't sure about the Johnson/Dann transfer as I couldn't remember if it was around the same time.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Well there we go then that's probably why we didn't go for renato a couple of summers ago.... Cause bayern wanted a buy back clause... So basically Lillie have just loaned him for 2 seasons then..... The same deal was probably put to fosun and they said no chance...
What?

We have never been linked in any way to him have we other than fans wanting us to sign him?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What?

We have never been linked in any way to him have we other than fans wanting us to sign him?
There were some links 2 summers ago as we all thought he was available from bayern and being portugese and a mendes client we all hoped we had a chance.... When he went to lille for 18m, I must admit I thought we had dropped a ******* and probably on here a few did as well...... But in reality he was never available from bayern, except in a dodgy loan.... At least we can stop the nonsense on here about the ship has sailed....cause he was never available from bayern...

D

Deleted member 11332

There were some links 2 summers ago as we all thought he was available from bayern and being portugese and a mendes client we all hoped we had a chance.... When he went to lille for 18m, I must admit I thought we had dropped a ******* and probably on here a few did as well...... But in reality he was never available from bayern, except in a dodgy loan.... At least we can stop the nonsense on here about the ship has sailed....cause he was never available from bayern...

Don't think I've ever seen the phrase used so much than in the past 48 hours.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think I've ever seen the phrase used so much than in the past 48 hours.
Its utter waffle.......... And the phrase he is exactly what we need in midfield..... What a bayern Munich player.... No **** sherlock.... We're wolves FFS....

D

Deleted member 11332

Its utter waffle.......... And the phrase he is exactly what we need in midfield..... What a bayern Munich player.... No **** sherlock.... We're wolves FFS....

I suppose that's more aimed at style than him as a player because if we could choose Kevin De Bruyne or Kante are exactly what we need.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose that's more aimed at style than him as a player because if we could choose Kevin De Bruyne or Kante are exactly what we need.
Yes I nw..... I suppose we all get a bit carried away in doing well for 2 seasons but sometimes I do think we have lost all sense of reality.......

D

Deleted member 11332

Yes I nw..... I suppose we all get a bit carried away in doing well for 2 seasons but sometimes I do think we have lost all sense of reality.......

I don't think he was out of reach personally but I didn't know Bayern had a buyback clause. Obviously no chance if they are interested regardless of the clause.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he was out of reach personally but I didn't know Bayern had a buyback clause. Obviously no chance if they are interested regardless of the clause.
He wasn't out of our reach when he was struggling... But as soon as he started getting back to his potential he was miles above us.......

D

Deleted member 11332

He wasn't out of our reach when he was struggling... But as soon as he started getting back to his potential he was miles above us.......

Hmm I'm not sure, you've got to temper that with the fact he's failed miserably previously. That sort of thing puts teams off and bar Bayern I doubt any of the real elite would be after him.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm I'm not sure, you've got to temper that with the fact he's failed miserably previously. That sort of thing puts teams off and bar Bayern I doubt any of the real elite would be after him.
Its hardly failing miserably is it... Having a bad spell in a tough league at 19/20.....it was a bit too much, too soon in his development... As was his move to bayern..... He has always had massive potential and needed to develop a bit physically.... That's obviously what bayern seen as well... That's why they loaned him to Lillie....

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The "we all hoped" is going to need a citation from me.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People said that about Barkley - just because it’s said often doesn’t make it untrue on occasion.

D

Deleted member 11332

Its hardly failing miserably is it... Having a bad spell in a tough league at 19/20.....it was a bit too much, too soon in his development... As was his move to bayern..... He has always had massive potential and needed to develop a bit physically.... That's obviously what bayern seen as well... That's why they loaned him to Lillie....

They didn't loan him. He was sold for 21m they did put an option to buy him back in just incase.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They didn't loan him. He was sold for 21m they did put an option to buy him back in just incase.
Is the buyback if Lille want to sell or if Bayern just fancy having him back?

I guess Lille are going to sell anyway but option to buy is different to what is effectively a two year loan

D

Deleted member 11332

so its a loan technically. He does well we will have him back and give you 4m...so you cant sell him and make money on him....

But it's without risk to Bayern its cost them 4m to do it. Rather than a loan where the other club pays. That says to me they didn't expect him to do well based on what they saw but they were doing due diligence. Lille obviously ****ed up aswell.

D

Deleted member 11332

Is the buyback if Lille want to sell or if Bayern just fancy having him back?

I guess Lille are going to sell anyway but option to buy is different to what is effectively a two year loan

No idea on the terms other than what's been reported.

dnf14

Reaction score
I don't think that's the same as a buyback. A buyout is to do with the players contract rather than an agreement with the club's.
I disagree as a buy-back fundamentally requires an agreed compensation package for the club potentially losing the player and would thus fall under the umbrella of a release clause in my book.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I disagree as a buy-back fundamentally requires an agreed compensation package for the club potentially losing the player and would thus fall under the umbrella of a release clause in my book.
You're spot on. The only way it could be allowed is a first refusal, here's a brief article on Utd and the completely made up Memphis Depay situation. EXACTLY the same as Sanches.

Basically, anyone could still buy him but would need to out price Bayern.

D

Deleted member 11332

But it's a club to club agreement. A buyout clause is player to club as in those situations the buying club pays the player, the player then buys themselves out. (as neymar did.) If may be that those are contractually banned themselves but it's not the exact same thing.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Out for 6 weeks with another injury. I love him as a player but he is an absolute crock.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We never stood a chance of getting him this summer if we’re honest with ourselves.

Just look at our transfer dealings so far.
No one will sign him tbf, I don't think I'd want him either. Not sure we could risk his injury history. Especially as it is so many different injuries

Back
Top Bottom