Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Refereeing Inquiry NOW

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're ****e, need to face up to the fact. Think we can fairly complain about last week as Pope clearly fouled Raul and should've been sent off but we were a shambles today, deservedly lost. Let's stop making excuses for this crop of players and hold them accountable, they've let the fans down for over a year now.
I do agree with much of what you say Perton.
We're carrying too many spineless, shrinking violets, for sure, but the officiating against us is 100% contributing.
I'd argue that it's been responsible for a deficit of a minimum of 6 points this season. Add those to our current tally, and the extra buffer gives our players a freedom to relax and play their game.
The pressure on the players is constant and immense currently and too many of them don't appear to be up to it... but they shouldn't need to be!

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
3 years ago? We were a poor side under Nuno in the lockdown season, not sure of our best formation and struggling after Jota's departure and Raul's injury. For most of Bruno's season we looked destined for a European place, only for us to drop way off the second half of the season and end up in midtable. Then, that form continued, leading to his sacking and JL coming in. The squad is still pretty much the same and we're still struggling as a result.

Nothing to do with the officials, we just aren't very good.
No what i was trying to get over was, Our owner were on a 5 year plan to get us to the top 4 regularly when they purchased the club.
before we sold Jota things started to change, The Chinese government put a block on investment in sport, and IMO things changed from progression to becoming a stagnant club, as i said that's just my look on it but i think we would have had a very strong squad now,
BBN

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
How is Webb going to apologise to us this week, flowers, chocolates, amazon voucher?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s corrupt I’m convinced now
Molineux loves a sing song.
90 minutes non-stop **** VAR for our next televised home game, is my proposal!!!
It changes nothing, but might make us feel a bit better!!! :tearsofjoy:

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today’s key decisions:

The Semedo penalty is stonewall. Ball doesn’t change trajectory as Firpo gets no touch on it.

Dawson yellow. Definitely a case for a red. Should have been sent off for a blatant shirt pull straight off.

Jonny red card. Correct decision all day.

Adama foul for the fourth. Clear error. No advantage to us in that position. Can’t believe it wasn’t overturned.

I still don’t think it’s a conspiracy. But coming so soon after the Liverpool and Newcastle apologies, I can fully understand the frustration and feeling of being cheated. We have to somehow keep our discipline though as we’re losing key players to suspensions when we can least afford it.
The decisions are beyond awful and the refs are totally and utterly inept, I'm sure we can all agree.

However, it seems to me like we spend that much time complaining & losing our heads during the match these days, and it's doing us no favours at all, we need to keep our focus more on trying to win and get some points on the board.

Away to Forest next who have scored at least once in EVERY home game since August 28th.... we're gonna need to go there and score at least two goals to win, moaning to refs for 90 mins won't help that cause.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The decisions are beyond awful and the refs are totally and utterly inept, I'm sure we can all agree.

However, it seems to me like we spend that much time complaining & losing our heads during the match these days, and it's doing us no favours at all, we need to keep our focus more on trying to win and get some points on the board.

Away to Forest next who have scored at least once in EVERY home game since August 28th.... we're gonna need to go there and score at least two goals to win, moaning to refs won't help that cause.

Exactly when were the team complaining during the game except after the ridiculous fourth goal with about 1 min left on the clock? Agree on losing our composure, but to be fair, I think we responded pretty well to their first goal. Less so after their second and third until Jonny’s worldie changed the dynamic.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
OK, this won't be a popular opinion, but I really don't think VAR is a problem today.

Semedo is a pen, but nowhere near as big an error as last week, where the VAR was apparently correct not to overrule. Now I know that's *******s, but there you go.

Jonny a bit unlucky for me, but I can see how a slow motion replay might make it look like a red. Whether that's an obvious error is a question beyond my powers of analysis.

Adama, obviously it's a foul, but he eventually decides to play on and the loses it. I don't actually think the VAR should intervene, but I think he was feeling sorry for Salisbury by then.

At least he didn't give a Dawson red, or disallow our second for an offside.

Not happy, ref was poor, we need to concentrate on things we can control though.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, this won't be a popular opinion, but I really don't think VAR is a problem today.

Semedo is a pen, but nowhere near as big an error as last week, where the VAR was apparently correct not to overrule. Now I know that's *******s, but there you go.

Jonny a bit unlucky for me, but I can see how a slow motion replay might make it look like a red. Whether that's an obvious error is a question beyond my powers of analysis.

Adama, obviously it's a foul, but he eventually decides to play on and the loses it. I don't actually think the VAR should intervene, but I think he was feeling sorry for Salisbury by then.

At least he didn't give a Dawson red, or disallow our second for an offside.

Not happy, ref was poor, we need to concentrate on things we can control though.

Not sure how I square your first line with the rest! My views on your examples…

Semedo - penalty neither given or ref asked to look at the monitor. Same crap as last week.

Jonny - think that was a fair decision, but agree Jonny was unlucky, and think the conditions played a part.

Adama - was absolute bs from the ref, not VAR. It was a pull, clear as day. He seems to think that because Adama didn’t fall in a heap, that makes it fine, despite the pull stopping Adama’s initial movement. That decision directly led to both the fourth goal, and the Nunes red card.

Dawson - while he was on the pitch, there wasn’t a legitimate foul to prompt a second yellow. Of course that might not have stopped Salisbury giving one if he fancied it, and a second yellow can’t be overturned by VAR even if Coote wanted to.

Second goal - if Coote had fancied it, I’m sure he could have asked Salisbury to look if one of our players in an offside position was active, and I’m pretty confident Salisbury would have been only too happy to agree and disallow it.

So on balance, Coote was probably as good as we can expect from a bunch of incompetent fools. Salisbury was a biased, bent bugger who, like Madley last week, shafted us.

If Howard Web tries to apologise for a third time after today’s farce, I’d tell him where to shove it and tell him actions speak louder than words. Frankly, since we complained about the Cup farce at Anfield, the decisions against us have been diabolical. I can only conclude Webb is party to this and as guilty of the buggers on the pitch.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more l watch the utter shower of ****e that are PGMOL's "elite" officials the more l am amazed that there are still some posters on here saying that we should respect them.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Not sure how I square your first line with the rest! My views on your examples…

Semedo - penalty neither given or ref asked to look at the monitor. Same crap as last week.

Jonny - think that was a fair decision, but agree Jonny was unlucky, and think the conditions played a part.

Adama - was absolute bs from the ref, not VAR. It was a pull, clear as day. He seems to think that because Adama fall in a heap, that makes it fine, despite the pull stopping Adama’s initial movement. That decision directly led to both the fourth goal, and the Nunes red card.

Dawson - while he was on the pitch, there wasn’t a legitimate foul to prompt a second yellow. Of course that might not have stopped Salisbury giving one if he fancied it, and a second yellow can’t be overturned by VAR even if Coote wanted to.

Second goal - if Coote had fancied it, I’m sure he could have asked Salisbury to look if one of our players in an offside position was active, and I’m pretty confident Salisbury would have been only too happy to agree and disallow it.

So on balance, Coote was probably as good as we can expect from a bunch of incompetent fools. Salisbury was a biased, bent bugger who, like Madley last week, shafted us.

If Howard Web tries to apologise for a third time after today’s farce, I’d tell him where to shove it and tell him actions speak louder than words. Frankly, since we complained about the Cup farce at Anfield, the decisions against us have been diabolical. I can only conclude Webb is party to this and as guilty of the buggers on the pitch.
Thanks for the rant, but from the way I read that you only really have an issue with VAR on the Semedo one. He could have intervened there, but it's nowhere near as obvious as last week (although agreed that was ridiculous, Webb claimed it wasn't a bad enough error!).

Coote is as bad as they come for me, but I wouldn't fault him much today.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Obviously the decisions made by the officials are really frustrating, and we're definitely not getting the rub of the green, but I don't think this "the worlds against us" thing is doing us any favours, and if anything seems to be a bit of a distraction. The reality is we lost today because we weren't good enough at both ends of the pitch - finishing and defending.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the rant, but from the way I read that you only really have an issue with VAR on the Semedo one. He could have intervened there, but it's nowhere near as obvious as last week (although agreed that was ridiculous, Webb claimed it wasn't a bad enough error!).

Coote is as bad as they come for me, but I wouldn't fault him much today.

No, that’s my point. The bigger issue today, and last week, was the onfield referee.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
No, that’s my point. The bigger issue today, and last week, was the onfield referee.
Yes, very poor again. We really need to focus on what we can control though. If we're going to lose our **** because we don't get a penalty and the ref misses a shirt pull on 96 minutes, then we really are in trouble (yes I know we really are on trouble!)

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is quite rich to see the number of posters who find fault with our players in recent times ... if this is frustrating for us, just imagine how it feels to the players then, who are subjected to this continued avalanche of crap-tastic officiating? But posters are telling the players to pay it no mind, and just focus on the game, like good little footballing robots. Oh yeah, and this is the best part ... then when disheartened players don't show emotion, and they play like those robots, they are then criticized for not getting stuck in, not fighting for the badge, etc.

The idea that the ongoing avalanche of one-sided officiating is not having an impact on our players ... laughable. Kind of gives the game away that folks who are in the "thank you Mr. Bent Official, may I have another?" camp have often never played the game themselves.

Given the rash of poor calls against us this season (and beyond, but let's keep to this season) ... and after the latest Webb apology for not taking a closer look at Pope last week, it beggars belief that Salisbury/Coote managed to ignore Semedo's penalty claim this week.

And with such little time left on the clock at the end, when the 4th goal was preceded by the shirt tug on Adama, how easy and harmless would it have been to chalk off Leeds' 4th goal? But just in case we hadn't already gotten the point, they stuck the boot in on us. Again.

I don't claim to know why this is all happening, but to deny it's happening at this point is to deny the existence of the nose on your face ...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is quite rich to see the number of posters who find fault with our players in recent times ... if this is frustrating for us, just imagine how it feels to the players then, who are subjected to this continued avalanche of crap-tastic officiating? But posters are telling the players to pay it no mind, and just focus on the game, like good little footballing robots. Oh yeah, and this is the best part ... then when disheartened players don't show emotion, and they play like those robots, they are then criticized for not getting stuck in, not fighting for the badge, etc.

The idea that the ongoing avalanche of one-sided officiating is not having an impact on our players ... laughable. Kind of gives the game away that folks who are in the "thank you Mr. Bent Official, may I have another?" camp have often never played the game themselves.

Given the rash of poor calls against us this season (and beyond, but let's keep to this season) ... and after the latest Webb apology for not taking a closer look at Pope last week, it beggars belief that Salisbury/Coote managed to ignore Semedo's penalty claim this week.

And with such little time left on the clock at the end, when the 4th goal was preceded by the shirt tug on Adama, how easy and harmless would it have been to chalk off Leeds' 4th goal? But just in case we hadn't already gotten the point, they stuck the boot in on us. Again.

I don't claim to know why this is all happening, but to deny it's happening at this point is to deny the existence of the nose on your face ...
A great post, sir, well said.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These refs are too protected. Why can’t they come out and explain things in the press? The PGMOL needs to get away from the archaic attitudes towards officials; they aren’t part time any more, they haven’t been dragged from their beds to take charge at the last second, they aren’t doing anybody any favours and aren’t subs or spectators being forced to run the line.

These guys have chosen refereeing as their profession and have been working towards one thing since they started: TO REF IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE and are getting paid a lot of money for it.

If they can’t handle it then they should **** OFF because in any other walk of life if you can’t handle the pressures of your job, keep making errors and basically perform to a substandard level YOU ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Why are these ****s being allowed to get away with being truly awful with the only disciplinary measure they have is a week in the championship on full pay?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Percy in the Telegraph (link in tweet above):-

“Wolves are set to submit video evidence which they believe will prove Nunes did not commit violent conduct. Telegraph Sport understands that Nunes was provoked by a remark made by assistant linesman Gary Beswick.”

If true, that’s a ****ing disgrace and he should be struck off and made to publicly apologise to Nunes, the club and fans. And to think some on here think we are “Victim FC”.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Ref today turned the game against Fulham to get Manure through with THREE red cards with 28 minutes to go to get Manure through.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This, along with Lemina’s second yellow amongst other decisions is a complete disgrace.

edit...this should go on the other thread.

It is, there is no violent conduct.
But, the referee was closer to that foul than the linesman and Nunes shouldn't have been on the pitch standing behind the linesman.
They run backwards along the line in the expectation that there is nobody behind them, so an appeal might not succeed.
Nunes wasn't coming on as a sub, he should have been in the dugout.

There are increasingly disturbing signs of a blow up coming here, the team is not playing well enough and is constantly looking for excuses and something to blame. Teams that see themselves as victims do not tend to do well because they lose concentration.

It doesn't matter if we get one atrocious decision against us, when we give away at least 3 goals because of terrible defending.
Whatever grievances we have about Saturday, was it worse than us giving away 3 goals with a non-existent defence allowing an unmarked header, a right winger to waltz through zero tackles, and a team that didnt play to the whistle?

We have to play better football to get out of this, nobody is going to help us.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to try and regroup then go again. The players need to start to take the bull by the horns and get us out of this mess. This circus with the officials right now is bloody annoying but we have to focus and keep going or we've had it.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep.

Back
Top Bottom