Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Reasons why you enjoy MM

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For my part -
  • Because, I go to very few games and have no Sky or BT service, the Comms thread is a lifeline.
  • The humour that posters display on a regular basis.
  • It serves as a useful reminder that there are views, other than my own that have equal, if not greater, validity.
  • The fact that I may profoundly disagree with a poster's political or social stance, but I can still find things to admire about them.
  • The existence of the OT section, where those of us with a passion for cricket, films etc. can converse.
  • The feeling of friendship with other posters it can engender. As an example I don't know Pagey, and may never meet him, but he along with many others, is a fine fellow.
  • Finally, the mods have a tough task but, carry it out well in trying circumstances.
I could go on, but won't.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
2 reasons really, firstly it's a bit like the Jeremy Kyle show - you think you're having a bad day/crap life until you see other people, and secondly its a much faster service than google where within minutes you can have several subject matter experts giving you the low down on absolutely any given subject, within seconds

S

ShropshireLad

For my part -
  • Because, I go to very few games and have no Sky or BT service, the Comms thread is a lifeline.
  • The humour that posters display on a regular basis.
  • It serves as a useful reminder that there are views, other than my own that have equal, if not greater, validity.
  • The fact that I may profoundly disagree with a poster's political or social stance, but I can still find things to admire about them.
  • The existence of the OT section, where those of us with a passion for cricket, films etc. can converse.
  • The feeling of friendship with other posters it can engender. As an example I don't know Pagey, and may never meet him, but he along with many others, is a fine fellow.
  • Finally, the mods have a tough task but, carry it out well in trying circumstances.
I could go on, but won't.
It’s OK, old fellow. I like making people laugh. ;)

S

ShropshireLad

2 reasons really, firstly it's a bit like the Jeremy Kyle show - you think you're having a bad day/crap life until you see other people, and secondly its a much faster service than google where within minutes you can have several subject matter experts giving you the low down on absolutely any given subject, within seconds
That’s exactly why the mods shouldn’t over-moderate with regard to “deviation"! :cool:

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to be a lifeline if I have to self-isolate for several months as seems likely, if I survive of course!

W

wanderer24

Mainly because it reminds me that not all people involved with football and wolves are bellends.

They are some genuinely nice people on here

As others have alluded too there is such a range of knowledge and intelligence on here, I feel like you could ask most questions and get a reasonable set of responses (apart from about certain players lol)

There is some great humour on here

It’s helped me develop an understanding of others points of views, even when I don’t agree

D

Deleted member 9788

Think it's great, every one is here for 1 reason, wolves. Generally all get along like a family and give each other support when needed.
Few sibling rivalrys, but that makes it more entertaining.

Thanks for the praise, @Thank you Sir Jack, but @Punjabiwolf has already claimed me :D

It's a never ending circle I reckon as northnorfolkwolf 'claimed' me....

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgot to mention the excellent "Infuriating..' thread in the OT section (started by freezin). It allows those of us who are of a curmudgeonly bent to vent our spleens over women, inconsiderate shoppers/parkers and people or things that get up one's nasal orifice. I reckon it has saved several mass shooting episodes.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like it because there are so many articulate, intelligent and wise people putting their views forward. I just haven't come across any yet....!

Only joking, there are some good and interesting topics, sensibly debated. I just wish there was more traffic on the OT section.

D

Deleted member 9788

What a nice thing to say! :) I’d give you a virtual man-hug if it wasn’t for this dratted virus-thingy going around so we’ll have to make do with nudging elbows. ;)

I particularly laugh to myself when I'm driving to work and see you standing outside primary school playgrounds. I think daft sod he's forgot he's not a teacher anymore :D

S

ShropshireLad

I particularly laugh to myself when I'm driving to work and see you standing outside primary school playgrounds. I think daft sod he's forgot he's not a teacher anymore :D
Mate, I ain’t been anywhere near a school in five years. I’ve spoken to a few retired teachers and we’ve shared some good memories and had a few laughs. Sadly, I’ll miss the company of a couple of ex-colleagues who I used to see regularly in the gym as I’m giving it a miss for a few weeks/months but I suspect that they’ll sensibly be doing the same.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the Mix because it’s a great place to meet chicks.

and I learn a lot......it’s was mentioned, briefly, that we have a small squad. Maybe we should expand on this more.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd enjoy it more if I knew who had me on ignore.Just in case I offer to buy em a pint in Bohs.But otherwise it's ok i suppose.

There are some good lads that I've met on here.;) Pumpking is class.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
that would explain it then. Are you Irish or have an irish nan or something?
Dublin born and raised, came here at 22. Fell in love with Wolves, ( by way of Subbuteto....seriously), about 13 yrs. old. Never, ever, ever wavered.....the KGB, the CIA or Satan himself would never have turned me. :)

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like the OP I very rarely go these days and feel more involved with the club by hanging with Wolves fans who do still go to most if not all games.

MM is a conduit between my workplace/living room and Wolverhampton Wanderers FC.

MDCCCLXXVII

Reaction score
Although I'm not that far from Wolverhampton the Mix has been a great way to keep in touch with what happens at Wolves. When I was a kid my grandparents in Cradley used to save the Express & Stars for me - the most exciting times were in the Summer to see what the new kit looked like! Obviously that changed with social media etc but I've met some brilliant people from here!!

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dublin born and raised, came here at 22. Fell in love with Wolves, ( by way of Subbuteto....seriously), about 13 yrs. old. Never, ever, ever wavered.....the KGB, the CIA or Satan himself would never have turned me. :)
Fair play our kid

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine point. I much admire the enthusiasm of Jade (and others). Her positive, cheery outlook and lack of pointscoring is something that others, including myself, would do well to emulate.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the mix because in years gone by the only way I kept up with Wolves news was by waiting for the latest Shoot! magazine to turn up in NZ 6 months after it came out and by writing letters to penfriends in Wolverhampton who sent me back newspaper cuttings for the E&S

I don't take the mix for granted :)

Back
Top Bottom