Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Surgery

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the comments on that tweet are disgusting. Hope it's nothing too serious.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had niggles all season thanks to some mismanagement from our staff which started the season... hopefully this sorts it whether he's sticking around or not!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit irrelevant on the playing side as nobody was thinking he'd either be here in August but if he was he was never going to be anything like what he once was.

Last edited:

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit irrelevant really as nobody was thinking he'd either be here in August but if he was he was never going to be anything like what he once was.
Very relevant both for Raul personally, whether he stays or whether he goes and we can get a fee/free up salary. If he’s out for 2 months unlikely to move on.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Nothing on the Wolves official site yet. - granted they may not be aware of the full facts at present but it could stop a lot of speculation

Hopefully makes a speedy recovery

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I still don’t understand why he was suddenly persona non grata in the squad towards the end of the season,. Before that he had started to find some decent form, even just coming off the bench.

His performance in the Tottenham Home game was probably the best CF for Wolves in a while. Set up the goal for Adama, beat 2 defenders to win a header that forced a very good save and also set up a chance that Semedo should have score. Then suddenly out of the team?

Even before that in the Fulham away game in the first half the front 3 of Raul, Cunha and Sarabia were causing Fulham all kinds of issues until Cunha got injured.

So what happened?

Last edited:

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still don’t understand why he was suddenly persona non grata in the squad towards the end of the season,. Before that he had started to find some decent form, even just coming off the bench.

His performance in the Tottenham Home game was probably the best CF for Wolves in a while. Set up the goal for Adama, beat 2 defenders to win a header that forced a very good save and also set up a chance that Semedo should have score. The suddenly out of the team?

Even before that in the Fulham away game in the first half the front 3 of Raul, Cunha and Serabia were causing Fulham all kinds of issues until Cunha got injured.

So what happened?
Yep ... that’s just how I feel. Not sure what happened.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
If Raul`s op is successful and the discomfort he feels when training and playing is gone, then this is a win/win situation? He has one year (?) on his contract left, a recovery from injury, a return of hunger and passion for the game, we can either keep him or sell him for a better fee? In the end what does Raul want?

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had niggles all season thanks to some mismanagement from our staff which started the season... hopefully this sorts it whether he's sticking around or not!
The arrogant know it all who couldn’t wait to jump into Matt Perry’s shoes should never be allowed such responsibility in a sports set up again.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

His performance in the Tottenham Home game was probably the best CF for Wolves in a while. Set up the goal for Adama, beat 2 defenders to win a header that forced a very good save and also set up a chance that Semedo should have score. Then suddenly out of the team?

Even before that in the Fulham away game in the first half the front 3 of Raul, Cunha and Sarabia were causing Fulham all kinds of issues until Cunha got injured.

So what happened?
Maybe JL’s approach is different than what some players are used to……it might rub some players the wrong way.
I’m not saying it’s wrong or right but there could be a personality clash, serious or otherwise.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its pretty obvious we mismanaged his injury when Dr Death was here. He never really got back to full fitness imo and its really affected him. Hopefully, if he is here or not he gets back full fitness.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be very surprised if he’s still with us next season.
I think clubs are obliged to look after players until they've recovered e.g. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake. Plus of course Raul is in contract for another season. From memory all players seasons run from the 30th of June every year.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want him to stay at least until the end of pre-season

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any evidence that is the case? Other than his own statements?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This'll be the surgery he dodged to have those injections to play for Mexico then.
If thats the case, you would have thought he would have had the Op immediately this season ended, not 3 weeks later.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were videos of him around the world cup, not able to move properly.
I know that he had injuries. My question related to the purported mismanagement of them by the club's then medical staff.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand why the Mexican fans are giving him such stick on the comments of the Twitter post. They're saying things like it's karma, he's a traitor and that he was told not to go to the WC but went anyway instead of recovering.

Please can someone explain? I thought they'd be thrilled that he wanted to play in the WC. Have I missed something? Why is he a traitor?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hes broken he was already broken for 4 months, his pubalgia should have been fixed prior to WC but he wanted to play WC its why costa was always ahead. JL actually likes raul and wanted him as an option and also wanted him to remain on the books.

I just cant see him ever coming back at the moment, is going need to a massive rehab effort this summer

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We seem to be putting a lot of hope and faith in injured players - Jimenez, Chinqinho, Sasa, is Neto fully recovered?
Doesn´t really look like it to me.
Neto has lost pace.If it´s a permanent thing then he is pretty much spent at these levels.
A Pedro Neto without proper pace cannot prevail.
I hope he get´s a solid pre season.
Then it´s really up to him to prove himself again.
Another season like the last he had will be the end.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand why the Mexican fans are giving him such stick on the comments of the Twitter post. They're saying things like it's karma, he's a traitor and that he was told not to go to the WC but went anyway instead of recovering.

Please can someone explain? I thought they'd be thrilled that he wanted to play in the WC. Have I missed something? Why is he a traitor?
They wanted Santi Gimenez to go to the WC instead of Raul. They also saw the videos of him having a hard time in training before the WC to add fuel to the fire.

Last edited:

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Presumably because they feel he wasn't open and honest about his injuries because he was so desperate to be selected, leading to Mexico picking a half fit player in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom