Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will you doubting Thomas's look at it this way..
Since August (almost 3 months) the Wolves medical team haven't been able to get Raul fit physically or mentally. Forget the last few weeks.
So if he comes back from the Mexico team and Qatar WC fit hopefully physically and mentally the Mexico medic's can be commended for this and have done a wonderful job for the Wolves team and medic's don't you agree? By getting our Wolves hero and No 9 back on track hopefully scoring goals once again. Only time will tell?

Reaction score
Will you doubting Thomas's look at it this way..
Since August (almost 3 months) the Wolves medical team haven't been able to get Raul fit physically or mentally. Forget the last few weeks.
So if he comes back from the Mexico team and Qatar WC fit hopefully physically and mentally the Mexico medic's can be commended for this and have done a wonderful job for the Wolves team and medic's don't you agree? By getting our Wolves hero and No 9 back on track hopefully scoring goals once again. Only time will tell?

His time is up at Wolves. Thanks for the memories Raul. It was special.

Time to move on.

Completely torn between these two feelings, my heart says the former whilst my head the latter.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no available striker. Not one. And against that backdrop I cannot see how 45 mins in friendly on a Wednesday could not translate into a useful 20 mins on Saturday, allowing us to play with a proper, if not fully fit CF. As pointed out already we played Diego Costa.

JL has also criticised him. It’s clear that this is wrong. Whether you begrudge him or not or give him carte blanche because of the injury is a separate point and a subjective view to which of course we are all entitled.

The Emperor’s New Clothes is clearly not a favourite fairy tale amongst mixers.

Last edited:

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His time is up at Wolves. Thanks for the memories Raul. It was special.

Time to move on.
It's not time for Raul to move on any time soon. How long has he got left on his contract at Wolves?
After his horrendous head injury and further injuries since then what other team will gamble on buying him?
Imho he will stay and play at Wolves and score more goals hopefully until his contract runs out.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would have been in Rauls best interests to train and prepare at Wolves if he could have done which in turn would have given him the best chance of making an impression at the World cup, so why the **** do people think he would have avoided that scenario.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no available striker. Not one. And against that backdrop I cannot see how 45 mins in friendly on a Wednesday could not translate into a useful 20 mins on Saturday, allowing us to play with a proper, if not fully fit CF. As pointed out already we played Diego Costa.

JL has also criticised him. It’s clear that this is wrong. Whether you begrudge him or not or give him carte blanche because of the injury is a separate point and a subjective view to which of course we are all entitled.

The Emperor’s New Clothes is clearly not a favourite fairy tail amongst mixers.
We called him back for a fitness assessment.. that’s why he was at Compton training. The only thing said about this was Keen saying he is still injured.

Is it not possible Wolves declared him unfit to play for Wolves, but Mexico wanted to see for themselves? Why make this into Raul not wanting to play for Wolves last week.

If in fact it turns out that he didn’t want to play for Wolves, then it’s a different story.

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Nobody remember Beckham breaking his metatarsal and sleeping in an oxygen tent to be fit for the WC? I'm sure The Sun had a picture of his bare foot on its front page so we could all pray for it to heal.

It's the absolute pinnacle of a players career, everything they've ever dreamt of.

We'd all be doing exactly the same as Raul if we were in his shoes.

MIKE SLATER

Groupie
Reaction score
I would like to have seen him retire at the end of last season. He was still popular with fans who had seen him have a go at restoring his career, and understood the risk to his health if he carried on playing. Also, it would have made Wolves sign a striker!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I would like to have seen him retire at the end of last season. He was still popular with fans who had seen him have a go at restoring his career, and understood the risk to his health if he carried on playing. Also, it would have made Wolves sign a striker!
We did he managed 45 mins

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul looked pretty good in pre-season.

He injured his groin (against Besiktas, I think) and then came back from injury too early in what I think was the league cup game.

I am sure he is suffering with mental health issues, but playing in a World Cup is the highlight of most careers. Commercially, to Raul, it is worth probably millions in commercial relationships. Of course he will do whatever he can to be there.

I don’t understand these messages suggesting he is finished. He was poor under Lage, but that was down to style and formation more than anything else. Look at our stats (especially crosses) and without Traore it was obvious what the problem was.

He will be back.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We called him back for a fitness assessment.. that’s why he was at Compton training. The only thing said about this was Keen saying he is still injured.

Is it not possible Wolves declared him unfit to play for Wolves, but Mexico wanted to see for themselves? Why make this into Raul not wanting to play for Wolves last week.

If in fact it turns out that he didn’t want to play for Wolves, then it’s a different story.

I can’t see club and country having different standards for fitness it would be legally treacherous for the country in particular.

I think he should’ve stayed with Wolves until the break like other international players have and that would’ve resolved the issues.

Medically either he was fit to play some part on Saturday or he wasn’t and now is 4 days later, which I think unlikely. Whether it’s bad decisions by him, the club or the country we cannot know, but whoever is responsible it’s become a dogs dinner, and you must say that that club seem to apportioning the responsibility elsewhere which is something I don’t think JL would do unless warranted.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he lives his dream playing and scoring for Mexico at the world cup. That's the best chance we have of him coming back and playing for us. He is still this closest we have to a fit striker. JL will know how to utilise him best when he does return. I do however hope they sign at least 2 more strikers to compete with him because we ain't having much luck in that department at the moment.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Insistence Wolves ‘misdiagnosed’ player’s injury – Month of treatment was waste of time​

By Sean Lunt -
16th November 2022

Wolverhampton Wanderers have been accused of trying to interfere in Raul Jimenez’s return from injury, and potentially risking his World Cup place.
The striker has been out injured since the end of August, suffering an injury that had put his place in Qatar in major doubt.
He’s been working to get back fit for the past month and a half, even going as far as to return to Mexico to work with their national team’s physios and medical team.
Reports made it clear that was done with Wolves’ blessing, with it claimed they were working alongside their counterparts in the Mexican set up to get the player fit and firing for his country at the World Cup.
Whatever has been done appears to have worked as Jimenez is set to feature in a friendly this evening as a last check to ensure he will be fit for the tournament.
However, it seems in Mexico they are less than impressed by Wolves’ part in the process, with journalist Rubén Rodríguez criticising them today.
“Raúl Jiménez will play against Sweden. Martino will give him at least 45 minutes to now find his best football form, since his last game was in August and now the job is to find his level,” he wrote for Record.
“The Mexican striker has forgotten the issue of groin pain after being misdiagnosed at his club and taken to a treatment that generated absolutely nothing for him in a month.
“So when he entered the Mexican National Team for his rehabilitation in those four weeks the reaction and recovery occurred slowly, but positively.
“The Mexican striker, upon seeing and contemplating the evolution, immediately dedicated himself to obeying the team’s medical team, and in less than planned he is close to the field.
“This motivated the striker to continue with the process and forge the goal of being in the World Cup.
“His evolution was very marked, to the extent of having to get involved in negotiations with his team to give him the green light ahead of time and let him continue with the medical part of the Mexican National Team, and thus be constantly evaluated with his club, all reported in time and form on a daily basis and with a weekly meeting with Wolves to be in constant communication.”

This would sum up our medical if true imo!

Posted on Sports Witness.

‘Misdiagnosed at his club’ stated which doesn’t make good reading.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody remember Beckham breaking his metatarsal and sleeping in an oxygen tent to be fit for the WC? I'm sure The Sun had a picture of his bare foot on its front page so we could all pray for it to heal.

It's the absolute pinnacle of a players career, everything they've ever dreamt of.

Exactly this, he's clearly not fit but he isn't going to turn down the chance of playing in a World Cup for his country. Really the blame is on Mexico for gaslighting him that his injury isn't that bad and he can still play at this WC. I get they are desperate for him to play but he's they are putting their own need over that of the players, which is wrong.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Insistence Wolves ‘misdiagnosed’ player’s injury – Month of treatment was waste of time​

By Sean Lunt -
16th November 2022

Wolverhampton Wanderers have been accused of trying to interfere in Raul Jimenez’s return from injury, and potentially risking his World Cup place.
The striker has been out injured since the end of August, suffering an injury that had put his place in Qatar in major doubt.
He’s been working to get back fit for the past month and a half, even going as far as to return to Mexico to work with their national team’s physios and medical team.
Reports made it clear that was done with Wolves’ blessing, with it claimed they were working alongside their counterparts in the Mexican set up to get the player fit and firing for his country at the World Cup.
Whatever has been done appears to have worked as Jimenez is set to feature in a friendly this evening as a last check to ensure he will be fit for the tournament.
However, it seems in Mexico they are less than impressed by Wolves’ part in the process, with journalist Rubén Rodríguez criticising them today.
“Raúl Jiménez will play against Sweden. Martino will give him at least 45 minutes to now find his best football form, since his last game was in August and now the job is to find his level,” he wrote for Record.
“The Mexican striker has forgotten the issue of groin pain after being misdiagnosed at his club and taken to a treatment that generated absolutely nothing for him in a month.
“So when he entered the Mexican National Team for his rehabilitation in those four weeks the reaction and recovery occurred slowly, but positively.
“The Mexican striker, upon seeing and contemplating the evolution, immediately dedicated himself to obeying the team’s medical team, and in less than planned he is close to the field.
“This motivated the striker to continue with the process and forge the goal of being in the World Cup.
“His evolution was very marked, to the extent of having to get involved in negotiations with his team to give him the green light ahead of time and let him continue with the medical part of the Mexican National Team, and thus be constantly evaluated with his club, all reported in time and form on a daily basis and with a weekly meeting with Wolves to be in constant communication.”

Interesting

T

TheConcourse

It’s one of two things..

1. We assessed he wasn’t fit and he rejoined Mexico in hopes of being fit for World Cup.

2. We assessed he was fit and he decided he didn’t want to play for Wolves and left for to rejoin Mexico anyway.

Which one is it? Because it feels like you think 2 but don’t want to say it?
3. Mexico have probably got into his head and recommended that they wouldn’t give him any minutes whilst Wolves are still playing games. The season finishes and he miraculously jumps off the physio table, with little assessment from Wolves, and he’s ready to go.

I’d say that’s the most plausible option based on JL’s comments.

Both of us are talking like either are wildly wrong and living in some sort of delusional world. The reality is that both sides could comfortably be correct. I suspect there’s been gamesmanship on every side here.

JL’s comments suggest that Wolves have lost control of the situation.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Jesus wept, the best striker I've seen in a Wolves shirt has started his return to fitness in an arranged friendly fixture, celebrate ffs! 'Christ on a bike' ..., this lad nearly died playing for us, support him in his recovery!
I remember a few years back 15000 turned up to see Steve Bull play part of a midweek reserve fixture at Molineux on his way back from injury. Pre social media, so no one to shout Judas

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d need irrefutable evidence to the contrary before I’d ever think Raul is disloyal to Wolves.
Agreed. The bloke IMO is not the disloyal type. If it's true that he's been misdiagnosed then he's probably lost faith in those particular folk and feels more comfortable getting a 2nd opinion to get him ready for his last WC. It'll all come out in the wash

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This.
Mexico is also fiercly nationalistic when it comes to WC football,so this is the most important thing in any mexican footballers life.
If Raul is prioritizing the possibility of taking part in his last WC over playing 20 minutes against Arsenal then I find it perfectly allright.
Every situation is unique,and in Rauls case here you gotta have feeling for some feeling..so to say.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

By Sean Lunt -
16th November 2022

It is absolutely awful..and good on Raul he eventually found some people that knew what they were doing.
The collapse at our club..both on and off the pitch this season in particular..is quite remarkable.
Shambles,complete shambles.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus wept, the best striker I've seen in a Wolves shirt has started his return to fitness in an arranged friendly fixture, celebrate ffs! 'Christ on a bike' ..., this lad nearly died playing for us, support him in his recovery!
This..and if people thinks he would have been able to bang two goals in against Arsenal is way way off the mark.
Raul hasn´t cost us anything in that regard,quite the contrary it seems as our medics looks to have been working at a disadvantage both for Raul personally..and therefore the club has suffered unnecessary as well.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An independent investigation from another club’s team Doctor!

19th Holer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We obviously don't think he's fit to play premier level football. Mexico take a punt and pick him in their squad, nothing Wolves can do about that.
He plays 40 minutes in a half paced friendly and did nothing.
So far, Wolves are right, let us hope that he plays some more minutes and improves.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody who says that it will only do us good if he plays and plays well, has been able to tell me whether they really think that needing an injection to play is good for his long term recovery?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3. Mexico have probably got into his head and recommended that they wouldn’t give him any minutes whilst Wolves are still playing games. The season finishes and he miraculously jumps off the physio table, with little assessment from Wolves, and he’s ready to go.

I’d say that’s the most plausible option based on JL’s comments.

Both of us are talking like either are wildly wrong and living in some sort of delusional world. The reality is that both sides could comfortably be correct. I suspect there’s been gamesmanship on every side here.

JL’s comments suggest that Wolves have lost control of the situation.

Yeah, I think Lopetegui has come in and felt more at ease commenting on the situation than maybe Steve Davis would have done.

There's so many different ways to view this one.

It's clear Raul was desperate to go to the World Cup. He's played at the previous 2 World Cups for Mexico, but never scored.

But if he plays for Mexico at the World Cup and aggravates his injury, Wolves are annoyed.

If he'd have played for Wolves and aggravated his injury before the World, Mexico and Raul are both annoyed.

The timing of his recovery is too convenient to say he absolutely couldn't have played for Wolves in the run up to the World Cup. Goes back to if we weren't bottom, it wouldn't matter that much, but I can understand those that think he's deserted us a little bit at our time of need!

Best possible outcome from this situation is he has a good World Cup and comes back happy, fit and in a better frame of mind than he has been.

Worst outcome is he aggravates his injury, needs surgery, is out for the season and we get relegated because we don't have a fit striker, with his Wolves career ending with him being blamed as a large factor in our relegation.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody who says that it will only do us good if he plays and plays well, has been able to tell me whether they really think that needing an injection to play is good for his long term recovery?
The injection is the worry. Players have always had them to get through big games and important stages of seasons and then have either had prolonged rest periods or surgery. If Raul comes back from the WC and has surgery before playing for us then I don’t see how anybody can defend that.

Back
Top Bottom