Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I find so wrong is that all Jimmys problems were known about for years but we still put all our eggs in one basket.
Silva and now Sasa.
IMO we are one injury away from relegation . Because I cant see how we can win matches regularly without a fit central striker .

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul has already been dropped in the past so while his best days may be long gone I wouldnt question his commitment
Was he genuinely injured or angry that he was dropped and therefore feined injury? I don't know, just asking opinions.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Was he genuinely injured or angry that he was dropped and therefore feined injury? I don't know, just asking opinions.
I don’t think now is the time to question someone who has almost single-handedly carried out front line for 3 years. I am unsurprised he is going through a not-so-great patch. Support him - don’t kick him!!!

Incidentally, I wonder if his misses with headers in recent matches is simply due to doctors insisting he does far less heading practice. If he’s not practising leaping for crosses, expecting timing & power to be perfect in matches I’d unrealistic.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think now is the time to question someone who has almost single-handedly carried out front line for 3 years. I am unsurprised he is going through a not-so-great patch. Support him - don’t kick him!!!

Incidentally, I wonder if his misses with headers in recent matches is simply due to doctors insisting he does far less heading practice. If he’s not practising leaping for crosses, expecting timing & power to be perfect in matches I’d unrealistic.

The rules that are now in place mean teams can only do a very limited amount of heading in training anyway tbf.

Remember Nuno admitting he wasn’t listening to those rules when Spurs manager and he got into a bit of trouble for it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here he goes again. I can only imagine your obsession with squad depth translates to life.

You must have about 65 bread loafs in your kitchen.

You don’t know what the injury is yet and you’re already recruiting more people. Christ.
Seems you are obsessed with me pal. Do yourself a favour and put me on ignore if my posts cause you so much strife. Sad that a poster like you is targeting my posts today but I sort of see what you are doing. You ignore the other stuff that’s positive I post on here. Very very strange. Put me on ignore if you have such a problem with me. Other posters pmd me tonight saying how strange it is your two posts going at me today.

T

TheConcourse

Seems you are obsessed with me pal. Do yourself a favour and put me on ignore if my posts cause you so much strife. Sad that a poster like you is targeting my posts today but I sort of see what you are doing. You ignore the other stuff that’s positive I post on here. Very very strange. Put me on ignore if you have such a problem with me. Other posters pmd me tonight saying how strange it is your two posts going at me today.
I don’t put people on ignore, it’s the internet. There’s another 15 JOS’ just around the corner, unfortunately.

Oh, and I’m not targeting you. Don’t worry. I’m just fed up of reading your constant negativity. It’s draining.. especially when you have zero context into situations and your default is to go for the throat.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t put people on ignore, it’s the internet. There’s another 15 JOS’ just around the corner, unfortunately.

Oh, and I’m not targeting you. Don’t worry. I’m just fed up of reading your constant negativity. It’s draining.. especially when you have zero context into situations and your default is to go for the throat.
Give up and put jos on ignore. The constant 'concern' loop was so annoying and I ended up writing an unnecessary condescending post towards him when he seems a lovely guy who loves wolves and write some good posts too.

I've seen two posts today go at him again and I completely get it, but he's right - put him on ignore. Better to just not read it than cause you or him annoyance.

Newportwolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Don’t think anyone is kicking him…..think it’s a perfectly reasonable question / assumption…

T

TheConcourse

Give up and put jos on ignore. The constant 'concern' loop was so annoying and I ended up writing an unnecessary condescending post towards him when he seems a lovely guy who loves wolves and write some good posts too.

I've seen two posts today go at him again and I completely get it, but he's right - put him on ignore. Better to just not read it than cause you or him annoyance.
I’m good. Not engaging further with him.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone see him pull up / or seem injured during the warm up ?

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have they fallen out again? Can't be doing without Raul, that Sasa looks a bit brittle

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't think it was out the question that he's having problems with frustration, having a mind that wants to do one thing but a body that isn't capable of doing it must be the height of frustration, getting dropped perhaps compounds that.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

TBH Jos is just posting his football opinion, it’s you that’s being negative IMV. We are all Wolves fans here and only want the best. Going to be an exciting year for us enjoy it my friend.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBH Jos is just posting his football opinion, it’s you that’s being negative IMV. We are all Wolves fans here and only want the best. Going to be an exciting year for us enjoy it my friend.
We need JOS to counteract the "happy clappers!"

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Here he goes again. I can only imagine your obsession with squad depth translates to life.

You must have about 65 bread loafs in your kitchen.

You don’t know what the injury is yet and you’re already recruiting more people.
To be fair looking at the timeline from Jos, Raul - missing through injury, new striker injured in first half. I said exactly the same thing during the second half at the match yesterday ‘what we don’t have a striker now’ I made the comment a few days ago on here asking about having just the two with issues over Raul’s form and the new strikers injury record. Okay both are available next week, but so far, okay a long way to go, but I haven’t seen any evidence of us having loads of goals in us. So any issues around the striker(s) is of course a concern.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fit on the day of the match, then the new cf gets the nod over him and within an hour he's "physically shattered" sounds rather iffy to me.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I joked at the start of the game that he'd get injured knowing our luck. Oops.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see Leeds are supposedly preparing a bid for Brereton Diaz for January. Without wishing to start a Jan 2023 transfer thread (and get banned, obviously) I suspect there will be a clamour for another striker by Xmas

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Leeds are supposedly preparing a bid for Brereton Diaz for January. Without wishing to start a Jan 2023 transfer thread (and get banned, obviously) I suspect there will be a clamour for another striker by Xmas
It's quite clear we still need a decent striker, one who actually has a decent record and isn't injury prone.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cheers mate and it is wrong and a lie to say I am constantly negative on here. Yes I make critical points and some can go a bit ott in the moment put posters that slate me tend to ignore my positive posts on the Hwang thread yesterday, u21 threads etc. Guess I am an easy target along with a couple of others on here when others said far more critical posts than me yesterday but of course receive no criticism.

Reactions: DPE

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair looking at the timeline from Jos, Raul - missing through injury, new striker injured in first half. I said exactly the same thing during the second half at the match yesterday ‘what we don’t have a striker now’ I made the comment a few days ago on here asking about having just the two with issues over Raul’s form and the new strikers injury record. Okay both are available next week, but so far, okay a long way to go, but I haven’t seen any evidence of us having loads of goals in us. So any issues around the striker(s) is of course a concern.

Totally agree mate but its me and a few others that are always pulled up on here by a few when some say a lot worse or the same and arent digged out. Very strange.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite clear we still need a decent striker, one who actually has a decent record and isn't injury prone.

Said on other threads we ideally needed a striker a bit like Callum Wilson. I would have liked us to get Batshuayi. Think he would have done well here.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said on other threads we ideally needed a striker a bit like Callum Wilson. I would have liked us to get Batshuayi. Think he would have done well here.
Would have been a no brainier to get him in on loan can’t understand why we didn’t.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn’t a no brainier fellas.
£50k plus for someone who will be a rotation option at best?

Not sure mate. With Raul's issues I think he would have got some decent game time. Also we dont know how Sasa is and his injury record not the best. Hopefully both are ok.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn’t a no brainier fellas.
£50k plus for someone who will be a rotation option at best?
Would he have cost that much? The alternative is yesterday where we had to stick Guedes on who isn’t an out and out striker. Plus with Rauls dip in form and Sasa’s injury record I think he’d be needed.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure mate. With Raul's issues I think he would have got some decent game time. Also we dont know how Sasa is and his injury record not the best. Hopefully both are ok.
Raul’s issues for me have been overstated somewhat. I’ve noticed how we lack real width a lot of the time, and one glaring chance v Bournemouth aside he’s not missing sitters as he’s not getting the service.
Would he have cost that much? The alternative is yesterday where we had to stick Guedes on who isn’t an out and out striker. Plus with Rauls dip in form and Sasa’s injury record I think he’d be needed.
Without a doubt if not far more? £70k a week a quick google tells me
Guedes can play there though and has experience of doing so.
Firmly believe we haven’t got a fluid effective way of playing yet and I’m doubtful Lage has one in mind.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul’s issues for me have been overstated somewhat. I’ve noticed how we lack real width a lot of the time, and one glaring chance v Bournemouth aside he’s not missing sitters as he’s not getting the service.

He's not getting service because he's frequently miles behind the run of play and taking up baffling positions.

Inside the box he's too static, he marks his opposing CB rather trying to wriggle free and make space - he's relying on an opposition error.
As a result, when space appears between the CBs, he doesn't attack it and chances die off.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Without a doubt if not far more? £70k a week a quick google tells me
Guedes can play there though and has experience of doing so.
Firmly believe we haven’t got a fluid effective way of playing yet and I’m doubtful Lage has one in mind.
Scrap this just seen the news. Ffs

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed allready. Seeing rumours om Twitter claiming Raul wants to retire after the WC. Anyone heard anything?

The Finkler

Reaction score
Can’t help but think something was untoward

In a strange way kind of hope this is the case and therefore he is fully fit and ready to prove the manager wrong for dropping him.

You could understand him being annoyed IF he was fully fit and at a professional club a new guy comes along trains for 15.mins and gets thrown straight in .. doesn't show much confidence in you really.

To answer the question in the title I'll think we're starting to see an answer and we'll know for sure in the next 5/6 games and I hope I haven't just had my head in the sand on this and will be giving him my full support when I'm at the games and I hope to see him back amongst the goals and linking up play again very soon but as they say its the hope that ...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed allready. Seeing rumours om Twitter claiming Raul wants to retire after the WC. Anyone heard anything?
If true, and l rarely believe anything from that source, frustrated that he's not at the same level as pre-injury?

Back
Top Bottom