Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
*******s!!! He’s got a family to support.
I am not saying the person you are responding to is correct.

But

He would be very well covered financially (paid out full contract and a projected future earnings figure on top) by his professional players insurance if he had to retire due to the injury and his impact to play the game as he would still be able to do so due to the severity of the injury even though he has tried to come back for nearly one whole year.

I know of instances where some lads who were only bit part players at prem clubs do very well financially after retiring due to injury from people I know. Sure others may know people in the same boat.

But at the end of the day it is amazing he is still alive let alone playing again. But the decision is his alone with minimal input from the club about his future while he has a contract.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People on here need to show some respect.

This man nearly died on the pitch playing for us. Sit with that for a minute before you post.

The physical and mental strength he's shown in coming back is phenomenal and deserves the utmost respect. There are ways of saying you think it's time to move on from him as first choice striker without all these 'jokes'. Remember the book that was made for him?

There was a telling moment last night, when Mepham(?) went down with a head injury. Jimenez stood by him while he was treated and looked haunted. I am not a trauma expert and do not want to make an amateur diagnosis, but Jimenez really did not look in a good place while that was happening.
Saw that too (last paragraph) and it tells much.

Not having to rely on him and allowing him not to play all the time so the hunger for game time starts to outweigh the trauma (if possible) might help. If not let's face it it is over.

We need a solution that works best for the team and as much as possible Raul.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club must have massive amounts of data on all the players, without doubt they can see and compare Raul’s current numbers to his previous, there is no excuse for the club and coaching staff and the player for pretending he is at the same place he was 2 years ago.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said this before, but that injury took something from him. That fraction of a second in reacting or making decisions makes the difference at the top level.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I very much doubt he's struggling for money, and do you not think these guys have insurances for career/life threatening injury? If I have a severe injury in my job that meant I'd lose my job I get a right wedge which wouldn't even be a dent of a fraction of what a top level footballer would get
Not if he quits and insurers are not known to pay out for loss of form.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This.

He returned to play. Insurance would pay nothing.

Can I ask what the joke means though? I read it multiple times and I just don't get it. I can't laugh because I don't get it. I can't be annoyed by it because I don't get it.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His attitude is wrong. Seems to believe his big shot PR. Living on past glories
Of course, how have we not noticed over these last three years, what a big headed arrogant mug Raul is…? He’s had us all fooled with his play acting of being a thoroughly decent human being.
I’m stunned!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This.

He returned to play. Insurance would pay nothing.

Can I ask what the joke means though? I read it multiple times and I just don't get it. I can't laugh because I don't get it. I can't be annoyed by it because I don't get it.
Joke?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Mate,

I thought it was really funny, laughing out load funny, when I told my daughter she laughed her head off.

It's comedy, it's not reality.

I know both of you and me have nothing but respect Jiminez and what he has gone through, but it doesn't mean we can't have a but of banter to lighten the mood.

Like I said its just black comedy, some people have that gene and others don't.

I know it wasn't meant as a slight on Raul.
Thanks mate
Urghhh, get a room! That’s so cringey, it’s given me stomach cramps.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, you didn't make it. Someone else did. The entire conversation over the last 3 pages spurred from that.
Ahh, that was Kebab saying that Raul needed to be shot and turned into glue. ie, because that’s what they do with knackered horses.
Yep, Kebab really does think he’s a 21st century comedian with early 1920’s material.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is why I said he should of retired when he had a life threatening injury when it happened.
But why would he just give up his contract? He wants to play football, he wants to be successful so why should he quit because he’s not the player he once was. Give me an example of ANY footballer who has left his contract because of loss of form.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahh, that was Kebab saying that Raul needed to be shot and turned into glue. ie, because that’s what they do with knackered horses.
Yep, Kebab really does think he’s a 21st century comedian with early 1920’s material.
Gotcha. Thanks for explaining it to me. Still seems very unfunny even when I know what it means, lol. I like dark humour too and that still seems like a mediocre joke lol

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus christ what's your problem with everyone today. We all ****ed off with last night but why you looking for arguments?
Well, your ramblings are a nonsense. That’s not being argumentative, that’s just a fact. And me defending Raul isnt argumentative, that’s just because some posters are full of vindictive ****e.
As far as I’m aware, if someone posts a view, then others are allowed to counteract that view point. Yin and Yang, ****!

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But why would he just give up his contract? He wants to play football, he wants to be successful so why should he quit because he’s not the player he once was. Give me an example of ANY footballer who has left his contract because of loss of form.
Mate I gave my opinion that I think he should of retired your opinion is he shouldn't of that's sound leave it at that. Your obv looking for arguments on here today and not just with me so go take a cold shower, cool down and get some sleep. You may wake up happier and stop annoying people on here

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, your ramblings are a nonsense. That’s not being argumentative, that’s just a fact. And me defending Raul isnt argumentative, that’s just because some posters are full of vindictive ****e.
As far as I’m aware, if someone posts a view, then others are allowed to counteract that view point. Yin and Yang, ****!
Yh but you are looking for reactions. Me saying I think he should of retired is my opinion Not vindictive so kindly **** off cuz your starting to ****e off

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yh but you are looking for reactions. Me saying I think he should of retired is my opinion Not vindictive so kindly **** off cuz your starting to ****e off
I got the first ****, but not the ****e.
I don’t see why you should get the tit on if I defend Raul Jimenez. Probably says more about you than me, but hey, bygones. :kissingheart:

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got the first ****, but not the ****e.
I don’t see why you should get the tit on if I defend Raul Jimenez. Probably says more about you than me, but hey, bygones. :kissingheart:
I don't care about u defending Raul, go ahead do it I'm glad u are, my issue is all day u are looking for arguments and I CBA with it. Which probably says more about u than me. After all we all respect keyboard warriors. And the e was pressed by mistake BTW so don't worry your little cotton socks about that one

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv said it for a while now I don’t think he is at the required level for us. His shooting is poor looks low on confidence. A shadow of his former self

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would sell Hwang, move Jimenez into hwangs role as 5th winger/3rd striker for the season and sign a new striker to rival Kalajdzic for the starting role.

Then replace Raul with Osorio and Fabio Silva next season

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Frankly I don't care if Raul isn't the same player he once was, he's earned the right not to be. The first couple seasons he gave us were the best from a striker I've seen in my wolves supporting lifetime. Even his song is the best we've had for the last 30 years, no song has been sung louder.

I only caught the tail end of Bully's career as a kid, so Raul has been the big one for me, and probably a lot of other supporters aged 40 and below..

He's a legend in my eyes and he can see out his career here if he wants to..

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No but they would pay out based on the fact he has had a serious life threatening injury and if he said he didn’t feel safe, fit or like himself. Many players retired after trying to come back from horror leg breaks, it didn’t feel the same and they couldn’t get back to the level, retired and got paid out by the insurer

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Was passing the ball to Hwang for the penalty generous, or a sign he has lost his confidence?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was passing the ball to Hwang for the penalty generous, or a sign he has lost his confidence?

You think he agreed to be the designated penalty taker for the season, but then thought a penalty when 2-0 up against Preston was too high pressure?

He was being generous to Hwang to help out a team-mate, it didn't look good as Hwang missed and we conceded.

Back
Top Bottom