Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
Sad to say he is not going to be anywhere near good enough again.
I still blame Arteta for telling that Brazilian thug to stop Jiminez.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have had a couple yesterday. He did make the run on the Newcastle goal that was called off. He’s not all the way done but I hope I don’t see another Halloween costume on the pitch.

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
A shadow of his former self which is extremely sad to see, but yes.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not if he quits and insurers are not known to pay out for loss of form.

Could be argued that his loss of form is directly related to his injury.

You get injured at work and arent able to do the job as you could before then you get compensated!

I don't think he's the player he was but he's also 2 years older/ slower and I don't think he appears to have much regard for Bruno ( who can blame him?)
He didn't seem overjoyed about meeting Sasa.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You get injured at work and arent able to do the job as you could before then you get compensated!

I don't think he's the player he was but he's also 2 years older/ slower and I don't think he appears to have much regard for Bruno ( who can blame him?)
He didn't seem overjoyed about meeting Sasa.
If Raul cannot handle competition he is finished. However Rauls reaction might just be more nuanced; realisation of age, injury and change. None of us can turn back time.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rj9 has been one of the greatest forwards we've had at wolves. Technique, workrate, football intelligence, amazing skill and a top bloke to boot. His control in a tight spot with 2 or3 blokes around him was incredible at times.
Then along came the code red .
He's only 31 but he's gone down quickly in recent times . He looks very unhappy within himself and frustrated with things. Take him out of the firing line for a while and let's see what Sasa can do.
Raul could surely play in a deeper role? If Joelinton can do it surely Raul can? We owe him respect and time to try.... Si senior!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You could argue it but it wouldn’t get you anything.
You get compensation for the injury and/or if you can’t work. Not for being a bit slower.
By the way, I’m sure Raul will receive compo for his injury.

Reactions: Ian

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul could surely play in a deeper role? If Joelinton can do it surely Raul can? We owe him respect and time to try.... Si senior!
Definitely worth a try, and to be fair, I believe his football knowledge, experience and will to work (yes he is a hard worker when not frustrated) will enable him to play a very useful role.

The comparison to Joelinton is, in my opinion, a very apt one. Joelinton had exactly the same problem that Jimenez has now. Super sharp reaction time missing but is in his midfield role an invaluable part of the toon squad.

So, since everyone always listens to what I say, I am sure the club will act accordingly.

I wish.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
What I've noticed is Raul doesn't do well in a 'solo' role, which is effectively what he's been asked to do.

He formed a great partnership and understanding with Jota, and for a time formed the same with Adama (who I think were top partnership for assists/goals at one point).

He just hasn't seemed able to do that since returning, in part because no-one even bothers to get close and link up with him.

You can see him getting frustrated with that.

I'm hopeful he can maybe connect with Sasa and they get an understanding going. If its possible for Adama to get his head in the right place, I think that has the potential to be a very potent front three (or even with Guedes), but those partnerships take time to develop and I'm not sure Lage has that amount of time left.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, not a bad shout if we play 4-2-3-1. I'd be interested to see what he does in the space behind the striker.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I've noticed is Raul doesn't do well in a 'solo' role, which is effectively what he's been asked to do.

He formed a great partnership and understanding with Jota, and for a time formed the same with Adama (who I think were top partnership for assists/goals at one point).

He just hasn't seemed able to do that since returning, in part because no-one even bothers to get close and link up with him.

You can see him getting frustrated with that.

I'm hopeful he can maybe connect with Sasa and they get an understanding going. If its possible for Adama to get his head in the right place, I think that has the potential to be a very potent front three (or even with Guedes), but those partnerships take time to develop and I'm not sure Lage has that amount of time left.
I've not seen much of guedes so far but I guess it's early days . All of our wide players are too far away from Raul most of the time.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truly terrible idea. Joelinton is light years ahead of Raul physically. The last thing we need in midfield is someone who is immobile, slow and can't tackle.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had no confidence in him scoring that gilt edged chance at Bournemouth, I love Raul and want to see him re-discover his old form but sadly I think those days are gone now

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Something that I don’t think has been mentioned is the fact that Raul signed a 4 year contract July 1st 2019, doubt if it’s going to be extended so might explain his lack of confidence apart from the horrendous injury?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves excelled when he was scoring regularly.

We still would if he could.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesn’t attack the ball with his head anymore and who can blame him. The trouble is that was a big part of his game. He may benefit from Sasa taking the lead in Ariel combat and he can feed off the flicks. Luiz will never be forgiven . Horrible person

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i go back to this from time to time. who would have thought that he went from this to the animal he became. i wonder how many of us were calling for his head after this play?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Liverpool goal is my favourite Wolves goal ever. Even more than Jota v Utd, Bully winner v the Albion.

It was when the penny really dropped we didn’t need to fear ANYONE. Amazing times.
Great to have the memories but we're in the here and now. Those days are long gone I'm afraid and not too sure what he offers us right now.

Paddy Wolf

Reaction score
He might be past his best but I actually think he's looked quite sharp in the last couple of games. The miss against Bournemouth was a bad one especially as it would have won us the game but he set up Podence for his chance well and the disallowed goal v Newcastle was no fault of his.
Sasa might prove to be the first choice number 9 but I wouldn't rule Raul our just yet.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we see Raul maybe be used in the role Podence has been playing sort of as a 10 in some games.

We seem to have only used Podence there so far even though Hwang, Guedes & Raul could all possibly do a job there as well

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the man for what he did for us. I said this as soon as he came back and got slagged off for doing so. That's life.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if he is done then our only fit striker is Hwang.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those Raul Traore goals remind me of what a team we were. Arguably we may have better players on paper atm, but that team was a counter attacking beast.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May have to look at free agents if both him and Sasa are out? Anyone out there?

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Bruno, Raul felt fatigued during the warm up, Bruno said its understandable because Raul didnt have a proper pre season the Newcastle and Bournemouth games came close together, now we can take that at face value because the alternative is that he didnt feel mentally right so therefore asked not to play.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just think about it...
Raul fought back from a lifethreatening injury. Was then asked to play week in and out for a season, with nearly no rest and lots of expectation, that he'd soon be back to his best.
Its perfectly understandable if he's by now physically and emotionally drained.

Back
Top Bottom