Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez next season

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
W

WasStefan

The mismanagement of our squad is frightening. Playing 433 or similar with 3 midfielders in the squad yet 6 centre halves for 2 positions. It’s almost as if Lage and the board aren’t communicating.

And now this, no recognised striker. We are also short on the wing.

A complete shambles. We are ****ed.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The happy clappers - you were warned, but no, quote ‘i’m quite happy with squad, maybe just one more addition.’ Well You know what we said about wafer thin squad and injuries etc… chickens coming to roost. We better have a quality addition coming in otherwise- bye bye.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I swear there are people waiting around every corner, pitchfork in hand, for any kind of setback or misfortune. So they can jump out: ‘Aha! I was right! Doom doom doom’.

Yes. We need a striker. Needed one before Jimenez injured, with him injured, and whether Fabio was loaned out or not.
But somehow those turns of events require further damnation for the ‘clowns’ at the top.

If they were never looking at bringing in a striker, (injury, and to certain extent Fabio loan, irrelevant) then they’re clowns. If they don’t succeed in finding at least someone by the end of the window, then that should probably qualify as a ‘shambles’.
The rest is just noise and the perverse self-aggrandising pleasure of decrying ‘doom doom doom hahahaha I was right’.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I swear there are people waiting around every corner, pitchfork in hand, for any kind of setback or misfortune. So they can jump out: ‘Aha! I was right! Doom doom doom’.

Yes. We need a striker. Needed one before Jimenez injured, with him injured, and whether Fabio was loaned out or not.
But somehow those turns of events require further damnation for the ‘clowns’ at the top.

If they were never looking at bringing in a striker, (injury, and to certain extent Fabio loan, irrelevant) then they’re clowns. If they don’t succeed in finding at least someone by the end of the window, then that should probably qualify as a ‘shambles’.
The rest is just noise and the perverse self-aggrandising pleasure of decrying ‘doom doom doom hahahaha I was right’.
Because everyone can see it is terrible planning and the Jimenez injury has caught them out!

The season starts in 10 days we can't just be throwing points away because the squad is completely unbalanced yes we still have weeks of the transfer window but that isn't a good enough excuse the main part of the squad should be in place NOW but we are still well short!

Fans are annoyed because we can all see these issues happening a mile off with injuries etc but the club is way to slow to react (or don't react at all).

To be sat here now on the 27th with only Collins in and a weaker squad (even more so with Jimenez out) is **** poor and not good enough!

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
who is the closest reserve player, including the kids you would call a striker? (assuming Bonatini and Cutrone are leaving)

OJtonner90

Reaction score

It's tiresome isn't it.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see we are currently in defcon 5.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“Raul came off in the game against Besiktas after he stretched for the ball and felt something in his knee and his groin. Scans reveal that he has suffered a medial collateral ligament injury to his knee and a minor strain of his adductor. Neither injury is very serious but he is expected to be out for a number of weeks.”

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Maybe but I guess I see all my worries have come true. Keep saying it and it’s documented on here, we are always one injury away from a crisis. I said at the very start of the Europa league campaign, you need to add a couple or three quality additions every season, we didn’t/haven’t, we stood still, gone backwards or other teams are overtaking. Trying to run a team/squad on a tightrope is always going to turn out bad. The one striker required becomes two and players get older or loose form. Always desperation of the end of the window no time to bed in.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's tiresome isn't it.
Everyone has a right to a view and I think pretty much everyone agrees we need a CM and Striker but perspective has been totally lost.

It's at the point where fan negativity is taking the fun out of the game just as much as var. Football in general is at the point where fans constantly demand pretty much everyone is rubbish or fired unless they're having a brilliant season. Other clubs are little different. Completely unsustainable and ridiculous.

OJtonner90

Reaction score
Serious what do you expect the season starts next week and we have no striker? I think fans have every right to have a moan on here about how this transfer window is going....
If we're going to moan about the board it shouldn't be about the transfer window but their reluctance to sack Bruno.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm very reliably informed that sacking Bruno was plan A!!!
Not a Lage fan unless we go back to attacking football but I did say that if he remained then he had to be backed.

And in fairness to the Wolves board, they... err no, they haven't backed him yet. Ah well, still time. Not pant wetting yet.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone has a right to a view and I think pretty much everyone agrees we need a CM and Striker but perspective has been totally lost.

It's at the point where fan negativity is taking the fun out of the game just as much as var. Football in general is at the point where fans constantly demand pretty much everyone is rubbish or fired unless they're having a brilliant season. Other clubs are little different. Completely unsustainable and ridiculous.
Well said mate!

I browse a lot of football forums and it's absolutely true. The vitriol aimed at everyone when things are going anything less than amazingly well is mad.

Occasionally, you'll get the perfect two years (think Leicester, us under early Nuno, Luton) but once the residual good will erodes, the vitriol comes back.

I think it might be symptomatic of modern society, in which everything is available at the touch/click of a button, so the notion of immediacy is ingrained in every aspects of our life. I want change and I want it now etc.

My favourite element of message boards - aside from learning news - is the gallows humour that we Brits all seem to have in abundance. As for the echo chamber of increasingly incredulous voices, i agree that they are tiresome.

Not a criticism of Mol Mix - or even football in general, just perhaps the insatiability of modern man and the inability to accept a zero sum game for what it is.

Anyway. ANNOUNCE BENTEKE NOW FFS

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're going to moan about the board it shouldn't be about the transfer window but their reluctance to sack Bruno.
Do you honestly think Bruno Lage is our biggest worry?!

Come off it the guy is working with his hands tided behind his back we are going into a big week before our first game of the season and he hasn't a striker to work with and only one new face in Collins despite his constant call for different options...

Lage is far from the problem at Wolves at this moment!

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Sa has been out with a MCL injury since the Liverpool game that’s about 10 weeks ago and he still isn’t fit. I hope Raul’s MCL is not as serious else it will be mid October before he’s back

OJtonner90

Reaction score
Do you honestly think Bruno Lage is our biggest worry?!

Come off it the guy is working with his hands tided behind his back we are going into a big week before our first game of the season and he hasn't a striker to work with and only one new face in Collins despite his constant call for different options...

Lage is far from the problem at Wolves at this moment!
Nuno got back to back 7th place finishes with a weaker squad which was just as small...

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa has been out with a MCL injury since the Liverpool game that’s about 10 weeks ago and he still isn’t fit. I hope Raul’s MCL is not as serious else it will be mid October before he’s back
I'm absolutely not an expert, but an MCL is not a minor injury. Strange they used that word.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this latest setback doesn't prompt the signing of a striker , then NOTHING WILL!!!

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think it’s more that people are baffled that the club can’t or won’t deal with risks and issues that the average fan can see from outer space.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno got back to back 7th place finishes with a weaker squad which was just as small...
Was it really weaker?

- Pre injury Raul who was one of the top strikers in Europe.
- A younger version of Moutinho
- Diogo Jota
- Jonny pre his double acl injuries
- A younger, pre-long covid and injury ridden Boly

The list goes on… Not to mention during the period where we finished 7th back to back, we miraculously had virtually no injuries.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha ha - a week and a half out from the opening Premier League fixture, and there is not one senior centre forward available, and a goalkeeper with only 24 career appearances in the top two tiers of English football. The owners of our club our so conservative with transfer funds that it ironically becomes reckless.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look on the bright side. The transfer window has not slammed shut yet.
Would have been a much bigger problem if it happened just as the window closed.
We will be shopping abroad thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom