Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raúl Jiménez Appreciation Thread

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the best Raul ... you were a pleasure and a real joy to watch :)

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you had given me 20 guesses, I wouldn’t have come up with that one.

Begs the question, what are Fulham seeing, that we aren’t?

Someone has to be right and the other wrong but which way around?

Up until his injury, my favourite player. Sadly, Raul and ourselves were robbed of the last few seasons.

Without injury, I think he would have equaled or even surpassed Rubén’s status. Will always have a soft spot for Raul. Good luck, top man.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Up until his injury, my favourite player. Sadly, Raul and ourselves were robbed of the last few seasons.

Without injury, I think he would have equaled or even surpassed Rubén’s status. Will always have a soft spot for Raul. Good luck, top man.
I suspect he will be decent for them. His injury masked the decline in our attacking play overall as a team in my opinion.

Dans la Lune

Reaction score
Probably the most "Sliding Doors" moment in recent Premier League history. If the Raul/Luis challenge had been slightly differently timed, we would have retained our talismanic striker, Silva could have been played-in without the added pressure, Nuno may have maintained his enthusiasm and we would have been spared the Bruno Lage cul de Sac.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him, though I wonder whether he is being signed a squad player. I’m not sure he will get into Fulham’s starting eleven. That injury has left him not the player he once was.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may we'll do better in a more attacking team with a more attack minded manager.
Thanks and good luck, you deserve it

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best of luck Raul. Hopefully you continue the form from last season.

The best no9 I've seen in my time here. David ****ing Luiz. I'll never forgive him.
Echo that. Luiz is and was a thug. May he light a cigarette from a spitting candle soon...

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a nominal fee, a round of drinks basically.

I'd rather keep Raul than get £5m, maybe this is the season he rediscovers something? We're short of strikers. 5m for Raul is great business for Fulham.
Honestly, I think some of you lot would keep him forever on almost £100k a week because he was great a few years ago.

A lot has happened since and I'm shocked Raul is getting another shot in the Prem, his performances have unfortunately been far short of the required standard since his horrific injury. Not knocking him and it's understandable as to why but there can be no sentiment in this game.

All the best to him but £5m+ adds ons is a great deal for possibly the least threatening CF in the Prem at the moment.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Bloody hell, I don't see myself as overly twitchy, but an incoming player or two would really help my nerves about now. Good job everyone's fit, when the injuries start that bench is going to need booster cushions.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I really think JL just wants rid of players he didn't sign.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fulham's second and third strikers were up for sale, so they're after a backup anyway, then accelerated by Mitrovic now refusing to play in pre-season, so they moved quick for somebody with PL experience? Coupled with Lopetegui wanting to change the squad and clearly Raul isn't in his plans.

Makes sense all round I think. I could see him scoring 8-10 for them if he's fit.

loppers86

Reaction score
Thanks Raul.

I remember him following in a total lost cause in the friendly with Villareal (?) that was his first game. He was something special until that lunatic nearly killed him.

great memories - you will never be forgotten.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've had some great goalscorers in my lifetime of watching Wolves and Raul Jiminez is very much part of that select club.
I wish him both good fortune and good health; to see him score against us would (for me) be a massive mind ****.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fulham's second and third strikers were up for sale, so they're after a backup anyway, then accelerated by Mitrovic now refusing to play in pre-season, so they moved quick for somebody with PL experience? Coupled with Lopetegui wanting to change the squad and clearly Raul isn't in his plans.

Makes sense all round I think. I could see him scoring 8-10 for them if he's fit.
More than anyone at Wolves scored last season then?

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was hoping he'd move abroad, I don't want to see him lining up against us, no doubt peak Raul will turn up for those fixtures

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Looks like the end of the road for the best Wolves striker in modern memory. Despedida, senor.

Very sad day, but unfortunately seemed inevitable. Hope he finds his shooting boots again at Fulham, just not against us.

Best of luck to him, he’s left behind some incredible memories.

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
Thank you Raul its been a pleasure watching you in a wolves shirt. Good luck for the future(just not against us)

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we ever truly realised how good, or how important, he was in that spell until he got injured. Truly one of the best strikers we've ever had.
Our entire system relied on him really, and it only became apparent the extent to which this was the case when he got injured.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right up there with the best we’ve had. Unfortunately that so far he’s not shown more than the odd glimpse he’s getting any sort of form back after the injury, so understandable that he’s clearly not in Lopeteguis plan’s. Wish him all the best at Fulham (except against us) maybe the change will be the spark he needs to regain some form fingers crossed

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Si, Senor, gracias. Hopefully you will get a better service there than what you had here over the last year or two. If it had not been for that scumbag David Luiz, who knows where we could have gone on to...after beating Arsenal in that game I think we had got up to sixth ( or seventh) place. You will get a great reception at the Mol if and when you come here, just have a bad day and do not score against us....unless we are four up already..:). Thanks for the goals and the many good memories.

Back
Top Bottom