Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raúl Jiménez Appreciation Thread

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
There's many threads I could bump to say this, but feel a new thread is Just. Raul is very likely moving on in a few weeks and I for one am not comfortable with the way he's fading away, or how short some fans memories are.

The best striker we've had since Steve Bull. A cult hero and a superb song that shook the foundations of Molineux. During those first two years in the Prem I genuinely believe he was a top 5 striker in the Prem. Pure class and we were lucky to have him

No negative comments please. Thank you Raul. Wolves fans will love you forever. ❤️

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I lived off Raul's goal at Spurs for the whole of lockdown. Absolute legend of a player. It is sad to see it all go a bit sour, not the first and won't be the last where that happens, but God he was something at his peak, best of my time (sorry Bully, you're still my favourite obviously)

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best centre forward we've had in my lifetime, arguably also the best player, he was on another level totally before that injury. Glimpses of the old Raúl every now and then, but we never really got to see

Hope whatever he does with his career that he enjoys it, and he remembers his time as a Wolf fondly. Love the guy, Wolves legend

Si Senor

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very few times as a Wolves supporter post Bully, have I ever relied on one player, despite the general performance of the team, to always have a likely goal in them. Jimenez gave me that rare belief.

I was watching some of his goals for us quite recently, and it's remarkable how versatile he was. Your classic number 9 poacher, but capable of beauties like Burnley away for example. Never solely scored against weaker opposition. Just a brilliant all round center forward. His relationship with Adama during that period of 2019/20, when they'd chest bump after a goal will live long in my memory.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved the guy and still do and am hoping that he plays and scores frequently for us next season, ( guess I’m in denial).
I just hate the way it seems to be ending.

Last edited:

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will only wish him all the best for his future. He always gave everything. A great example, of how to be a top player, but still be a humble family man. If only some of the other professional footballers followed his example. One of the influential Nuno players, that put us back on the footballing map.
He will always be one of the Wolves family.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Magical memories of a great player. Watching him and Jota on the counter in those early days, was as good as anything I’ve witnessed from Wolves. (Bully and Mutch, yes but at a different level).

A crying shame that it all got cut short and we were left to ponder, what if?

He seems such a genuinely grounded person too, which just adds to his natural charisma. I’ll miss him badly but wish him nothing but the best for the rest of his days.

LEGEND!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd echo the sentiments of others, the best striker I've seen in gold and black.

Genuinely one of Europe's (the World's) best strikers for a couple of years.

Scored a lot of goals in a team that didn't score a lot of goals. Cost a lot of money, was worth every penny.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll always be a Wolf. He named his daughter after one for crying out loud.

I'll never forget his goal in the FA off his chest then scissor kicking it in and also the best header I've seen in my lifetime vs Liverpool, a play he started on the other side of the pitch.
Yesssssssss :) :) :) :) ……….bloody beauties.
Those two goals are right up their as my favourites since we came back up.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoy?……..bittersweet, isn’t it? Had a small lump in my throat watching that again.
God those goals and games took me back to a time when Wolves were playing creative football and having FUN.
To a time when Jota, Raul, Doc, Adama believed that they could go toe to toe vs anybody, ( and did, many times), and their passion and Nuno instilled confidence brought us to 7th. twice, a F.A. semi and a Europa quarterfinal.

Attack wasn’t a dirty word then with Nuno.

Under the Fosun era, we never had it so good………so far.

Thanks Raul for bringing the light back in after years of darkness.

Last edited:

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's unlikely that he will be here next season but he's not gone yet!

For 2 years this man walked on water, seems sacrilege to say it cos I love Bully but he is probably the best all round striker I've seen at Wolves, helped put us back on the map, scored some great goals and was a crucial cog in the best Wolves team I've ever seen, and it was a proper team with a set formation and a style of play which I think we are currently lacking

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have been lucky to have a player of such quality wearing the gold and black. That terrible injury changed everything. He will always be remembered fondly by the fans.

Whatever he does, or wherever he goes next, I wish Raul all the very best.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul Jimenez will always be missed and I can't see us finding anyone who will match his output again for a while.

For all the praise Ivan Toney gets these days prime Raul Jimenez was every bit the player that Toney is and more. Absolutely incredible striker.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A swashbuckling No9 worthy of that special shirt, a fitting successor to Pye, Swinbourne, Farmer, Dougan and Bull !!!
At times he was unplayable and gave us the most incredible highs.

Like the OP, I too am not comfortable with his recent treatment and particularly on here. The man almost literally gave his life for this club. In this exceptional case sentiment must play a part.

I’m not a fan of Liverpool FC, but I have a feeling that if one of their players went to death’s door and back for their club he would be eulogised for decades to come and there would be some permanent tribute to him somewhere around Anfield.

Raul, I hope you’re not leaving us just yet, but if you are, I wish you well and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the many great days you brought to us!

BUENA SUERTE

T

TheConcourse

As all-round #9’s go, he was in the top 3 in the Premier League for a long while. Absolutely immense.

Thank you, Raul.

Favourite moments?

The outrageous chest and volley v Watford in the SF. If we win that game we’re talking about the goal forever.

The header against Liverpool. Everything about that night made me realise that we were a serious team.

The swivel and goal v United in the QF.

Too many tbh. Spurs away. Torino away.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me any conversation about our greatest strikers has to qualify first up by excluding SGB as his value to us is immeasurable. So that aside Raúl is way way ahead of anyone else in my lifetime, a genuinely world class striker who could score any type of goal and linked the play incredibly well too. Could play 9 or 10 equally well, there’s not too many who can do that. As others have said I may well be in denial over his demise, I still want him to turn the corner as I genuinely believe you never lose “it”. I believe he should at least be on the bench now and am quite disillusioned by that tbh. **** you David Luiz you stupid haired ****ing ****.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Raul....what a great striker he was for us ....such as shame he was cut down in his prime for us and himself.....I suppose on reflection though his rehabilitation and comeback to his current level is actually all we could have expected and prayed for after that horrific injury...

He seems a genuine bloke and I wish him and his family all the best....for me he will always be the marker for judging our future strikers and boy have they some boots to fill....

Haven't particularly enjoyed some of the bile spouted towards Raul this season by sections of the fans but I suppose it's the modern world...the one thing you can not chuck at Raul is he doesn't care....have a word.....

There will only be one Si Senor.......

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Love love love Raul, to the extent that I still haven't quite accepted that he hasn't still got it. He seemed to show some improvement this season but Lopetegui doesn't fancy him or there is something going on behind scenes. It's easy to forget that he's had 3 Premier League goals unluckily disallowed this season (two for minor offsides and the goal against Newcastle at the beginning of the season for a foul on the halfway line - thanks VAR). They were all really good finishes. Still makes me think he may still have it.

If he goes I hope he gets the send off he deserves, absolutely magic in his prime, and all around baller with speed, determination, skill and deft touches. Would still like him to be here for next season.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the top 3 strikers I’ve seen at the club in my lifetime and I think even Bully himself would recognise that Raul was a better player at his peak. He’s right up there with King John at his best. I believe that attacking front of Raul, Jota and Adama was the best counter attacking trio in the league and the reason why we were so respected and feared as opponents by the Sky 6. Raul was the lynchpin of the team and in many ways our most important player for those two seasons. It’s criminal what that ******* did to him

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched something on YouTube the other day which showed all his goals up to the one he scored away at Southampton.
The amount of headed goals is quite staggering. What was also noticeable was the amount of goals he scored as a result of inter play with Jota and from Adama's crosses. Well worth a watch.

I naturally wish him well and thank him for playing his part in bringing the good times back to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a shame that a reckless, no dangerous, challenge robbed Wolves of Raul's talent. I wish we could see Raul back as he was, for his sake, even more than for the club.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our best number 9 since Bully, and one of the best ever to play in the Old Gold. Epitomised the Nuno team at its peak, and with his horrific injury, also epitomised its decline. I expected him to leave last summer if I’m honest, and really do think he will be off this summer. He deserves a fresh start somewhere back home, or perhaps in the MLS, so that he has a fine final chapter to his playing career. Whatever, he will always be fondly remembered and warmly welcomed back at Molineux.

Si Señor

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My favourite player of the last twenty five years or so.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul is the one player that we've missed over these last few years of mediocrity (at Premier League levels at least). That we've tried and failed multiple times and still don't have what a peak Raul was speaks measures for what he brought to Wolves. His partnerships with Jota and Traore were exciting and scared the living daylights out of clubs of the stature of Citeh, Yernited, LiVARpool etc...
Unfortunately, all good things come to an end and it's so sad that Raul's time with Wolves didn't come to a natural end, but a premature one. It was unlikely that Raul would be the player of old, post-injury, but it's to his immense credit, that he gave it a go when lots of players would have given up.
Thanks for everything, Senor.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
David Luiz has a lot to answer for is what I’d say from the off.
I’ve a signed picture of Raul on my office wall that I look at and remember how good he was in his pomp at Wolves every day of the week.
Spurs away ranks high as does the volley away at Burnley and the way him and Adama ran the second half away at Southampton…all will live long in my memory amongst many more.
Wish Raul and his family all the best wherever there journey takes them.
Siiiiiiiii Senorrrrrrrr…..
COYW!

Back
Top Bottom