Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raúl Jiménez Appreciation Thread

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly has to be ranked up there with our best evers
We have sorely missed prime Raul and so tragic that it ends how it does
Finding players with all of Rauls attributes is almost impossible i cant think of anyone even at the top of their powers that matches up to him thats out there at this moment, excluding Haaland
I wish him well for the future and hopefully we see him one more time even if just for a cameo at the Mol,legend

Middlesex Mixer

Groupie
Reaction score
I remember on here the groundswell of emotion and sympathy following Raúl’s injury, when we contributed to a thread which was presented to him in book form, and which he acknowledged and thanked us for on social media, including a photo of him holding the book. In my own entry in that thread I wrote that he was a class player and a class person. (Hopefully he read it). It sadly seems that this emotional High has been replaced by our resignation to his probable departure from the club.

I have two of Louise Cobbold’s Jiménez prints hanging on my wall, one I won in a competition, signed by Raúl, the other of Raúl’s celebration of his wondergoal away to Southampton AFTER his injury. I really believed he was “back” after that beauty!:mad:

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my favourite moments was when he climbed over the sign vs west ham and went into the crowd. He got a yellow for that. Went up to the ref and gestured "why", the ref pointed to the crowd then Raul sheepishly shrugged "oh, oh yeah!"

Been looking for footage of that but can't find it.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am so disappointed in JL today…..

He could at least of given Raul a molineux farewell appearance for all he gave to the club before his injury, nearly dying for the badge and then his fight (you can’t say he hasn’t tried to recapture the magic he had) to be the “old Raul”

Costa did chuff all and in a dead rubber game for us, not giving a club hero with cult and to many hero status the send off his services deserved is a bloody **** poor thing for JL to do.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always gave 100%.. I think his tears today are because deep-down, he knows how good he can be and he wanted to give his all to go out on a high.

I doubt we will get a striker anywhere near him, at his best, for another 10 years or so.. they’re so difficult to come by.

A tragedy what happened in the end with his injury.. one of those moments in football that you never quite get over.. like Bolton in the playoffs.

Wherever he goes, I will take an interest.. and there aren’t many Wolves players I can say that about.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love him. Comfortably the best Wolves ST in my lifetime, and that includes a good few years of watching Steve Bull.

He has provided me with so many highs as a Wolves fan, probably the highest I’ll experience for some time. Sadly, through no fault of his own, his injury also provided one of the biggest lows.

As mentioned previously by another poster, I’ll take an interest in his career wherever he goes, and be delighted if he can get back to goal scoring form.

“Give the ball to Raul and he will score”… can’t say that about any other Wolves players with confidence.

If some reason you read this Raul… Thank you, Señor.

Remus

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm told that the management at WWFC did not want him to go to the World Cup but to continue recovering, He wanted to play in his real chance of playing. Raul has been excluded ever since. I hope he goes out of the Prem.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm told that the management at WWFC did not want him to go to the World Cup but to continue recovering, He wanted to play in his real chance of playing. Raul has been excluded ever since. I hope he goes out of the Prem.

Mexico got him fit to play when he had no chance, and we did get rid of our club doctor in November who got promoted when Nuno and his team all left. Prior to that in 2018-19 Wolves had a player availability of 99%, which is unheard of.

I am hoping that with the drop in standards and significant increase in long-term injuries between Nuno's team and Lage's, a good pre-season and improved treatment of fatigued players both on and off the pitch helps players like Neto actually get back to being the player he should be. I think we will hear more about that one day, probably after he's moved on.
I cannot remember a difference so stark with the loss of a medical team, i'd almost say it was more damaging than Nuno himself leaving.

Last edited:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No words.needed, he is still the King of Molineux!!!
I’ve been a supporter since 1965, and apart from the great Derek Dougan, I haven’t seen a finer no9 in the Old Gold than Raul!!

It’s a time for partings, time to say ‘goodbye’!! Raul, you took us to the top of the mountain, we will never forget you….

Si Señor

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I lived off Raul's goal at Spurs for the whole of lockdown. Absolute legend of a player. It is sad to see it all go a bit sour, not the first and won't be the last where that happens, but God he was something at his peak, best of my time (sorry Bully, you're still my favourite obviously)

Right up there as one of my favourite 3 or 4 Wolves goals ever. That finish is a work of art.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right up there as one of my favourite 3 or 4 Wolves goals ever. That finish is a work of art.
I would personally say the Liverpool goal.. incredible work from Raúl that started in his own half.. lovely cross.. great header.

Reactions: Ian

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His goal at Southampton last season was magnificent. I really thought he was back, but sadly it proved to be a false dawn :disappointed:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have been a great player for our club Raul and will not be forgotten. Good luck to you and your family and you will always be welcome back here.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would personally say the Liverpool goal.. incredible work from Raúl that started in his own half.. lovely cross.. great header.

That's one of my other 3 favourites! And the run and finish v Torino away. Five out of my top 3 goals are all Raul. :D

A truly great player, showed it on the world stage for Mexico, too.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even though what happened afterwards shall never be spoken in these parts...his goal in the semi final was magic! The feeling of jubilation when that went in!

What a player.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he's necessarily completely spent yet. Played the beginning of the season with a pubalgia, and there were times the season before where he looked back to his Best. I think with the right management he could do quite well for someone.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
For 12-18 months I thought he was the best striker in the division along with Kane.

In fact, I specifically remember a topic on drive with Durham and Gough discussing which out the two you would pick if you had the choice.Just having that discussion shows where Jiminez was at that point - a top level centre forward.

I feel very lucky to have watched Jiminez, Jota, Neves and Moutinho all playing together.

That quartet was different gravy and at the age of 38 was a calibre of player I had never seen the likes of at molinuex in 30 years of regularly attending games.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even though what happened afterwards shall never be spoken in these parts...his goal in the semi final was magic! The feeling of jubilation when that went in!

What a player.

I’m convinced if he’d not put that bloody mask on we’d have won :laughing:

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For 12-18 months I thought he was the best striker in the division along with Kane.

In fact, I specifically remember a topic on drive with Durham and Gough discussing which out the two you would pick if you had the choice.Just having that discussion shows where Jiminez was at that point - a top level centre forward.

I feel very lucky to have watched Jiminez, Jota, Neves and Moutinho all playing together.

That quartet was different gravy and at the age of 38 was a calibre of player I had never seen the likes of at molinuex in 30 years of regularly attending games.
I can remember my Utd mate going to the Old Trafford game in the first season and saying he wished we had someone like “your number 9” leading their line. Same with a West Ham fan.

I think I could tell Raúl was decent very early.. but it was probably a few months until I really realised how good he was. Probably the “best of the rest” after Kane, Aguero and Salah..

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That goal was just the epitome of Nuno's Wolves. We really were a top team at that point. Raul is the best we've had since King John, don't mind admitting I was choked up Saturday watching him and his missus.

Back
Top Bottom