Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pundits "experts"

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone see Phillip Neville on MOTD2 on Sunday, refusing to accept John Stones has ever made a mistake in his life? It was painful to watch. Shearer well and truly put him in his place.

Merson's comment the other week about West Ham selling Payet for 30 million, and using 20 of that to buy Martial should have resulted in an immediate P45! There's so much stupidity in such a comment, that he stated so seriously too like it was a real great idea, I don't have enough time to list them.

Couldn't believe it when i was listening to Phil Neville either, Stones was shocking vs Everton. Must of been because Stones is English, thats the only reason I could think of

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't believe it when i was listening to Phil Neville either, Stones was shocking vs Everton. Must of been because Stones is English, thats the only reason I could think of

Oh without question. Had he been lets say a Uruguayan centre back signed for a 1/5 of his price, Neville would be ripping him to shreds.

He wasn't able to answer Shearer when he questioned whether or not he was a good defender was he. He just kept saying he was a top player. Maybe I'm getting old, but aren't defenders brought primarily to defend? Especially at 50 million! So many pundits are scared to criticise England internationals. Its your job to give an honest opinion! And one that you're paid handsomely for!

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice comment by Terry Butcher last night.speaking after the Lincoln Ipswich game he said' No Silent Witness tonight, but I think Mick McCarthy will be holding a inquest into this '

Terry Butcher is good and used to do a lot on the radio. I had Radio 5 on last night with the TV on mute as they had Chris Sutton on. If you want a pundit who does not sit on the fence and calls it as he sees it then Sutton is your man. Does a lot of work on the BT coverage of the SPL and while Chris Sutton may not be to everyone's liking and at times he can be guilty of saying things to stir the pot at least he does not have a splintered backside from fence sitting. Not too bias either as he may have played for Celtic but he tore their Board and previous Manager Ronnie Dahlia to bits on numerous occasions last season.

D

Deleted member 3573J

I like Sutton, he has a comedy voice as if he's putting it on to mock someone, so that's a bonus. But I agree he tells it how it is and doesn't sit on the fence.

I'm no fan of Alan Shearer, mainly due to his extremely wrinkly eye lids, very off putting. I did like it when he ripped England to shreds though after the Euro's.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had to smile last night as Darren Fletcher and Steve McManaman tried to ignore and commentate over what seemed like most of the crowd at Plymouth offering their opinion on McManaman's punditry after he expected Argyle to roll over and let the Scousers have shooting practice at Anfield. Being a Naval Port they seemed to be singing an old sea shanty " Steve McManaman you are an anchor ! "

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I had to smile last night as Darren Fletcher and Steve McManaman tried to ignore and commentate over what seemed like most of the crowd at Plymouth offering their opinion on McManaman's punditry after he expected Argyle to roll over and let the Scousers have shooting practice at Anfield. Being a Naval Port they seemed to be singing an old sea shanty " Steve McManaman you are an anchor ! "
Love it

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been all downhill since the World Cup 1970 ITV panel.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not forgetting the ones on talksport..... how does Jim White get on there? he is so irritating... Jason Cundy.. Goldstein..

R

robwolf

I think you're all talking rubbish. Just look at Chris Kamara, surely there's no more erudite a tactician!!!

E

Essex Wolf

Try and look it up on YouTube.It is quite funny.When Torres scored it sounded like he was having an orgasm with the most stunning woman in the World.
Seen it now mate and my God that was truly ridiculous. That said still think Tyler overall is the worst.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is the appeal of " Kammie " he knows his limitations, bit like Paul Merson in that respect, neither claims to be an English Degree Graduate unlike Garth Crooks who thinks he is one.

W

Wolfgang Wolf

i like tony cottee. doesn't try to be a comedian, a celeb or your mate , just gives the straight football report.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being honest mate I can't stand any of the ex LFC brigade other than Souness. I can understand their bias to a degree but some of it is nauseating.

Why is there such a big ex LFC brigade though on our screens? Are we supposed to feel sorry for them because they haven't won a league title or something? 90% of the time their is a LFC fan in the studio on a channel

E

Essex Wolf

Why is there such a big ex LFC brigade though on our screens? Are we supposed to feel sorry for them because they haven't won a league title or something? 90% of the time their is a LFC fan in the studio on a channel
No idea mate and I can see your point. Some are IMV particularly bad in regards open biased and it really is quite sickening.
But back on the subject topic I'm currently watching the Chelsea V Hull game and needless to say Tyler has spent a great deal of the time quoting pointless and needless stats constantly referring to other games absolutely sod all to do with todays game. And I'm amazed Costa can actually run as well as he does because it seems Tyler has his head rammed up his **** the way he eulogizes about him.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Tyler is on I find myself tuning into Radio 5 for commentary, I know they are not in sync with each other but the advantage is if the game is garbage you can do other things and if something good happens you can look up just in time to see it happen on television. Also use this method on BT as well so I am not suffering Owen or Hoddle !

Last night was pathetic on Sky as soon as Shrek scored for Manure the rest of the evening was turned over to MUTV as stuff all you mugs who follow teams outside of the media darlings it was Rooney this and that. That is why I watched AC Milan v Napoli rather than the love in on Sky. Sky backed up my point I made earlier in this thread when I stated that their Game of The Day program was a sham and should be questioned under the trades description act as it should be called " Which of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea or Manchester United shall we show tonight ? " As we had a 2-2 draw between Bournemouth and Watford to show, but no chance as soon as Rooney scored Sky had their viewing figures right there and then. I know I have just answered my question about why certain teams are on all the time its advertising revenue and viewing figures but please stop insulting my intelligence with it Sky.

Back to this afternoon's coverage. The highlight of which had to Sir Rod Stewart nine sheets to the wind shall we say having been in the corporate lounge it would seem before doing the draw for the Scottish Cup !

E

Essex Wolf

Know what you mean NB about the Rooney thing. Like the bloke or not his achievement cannot be ignored but it's as if the whole bloody world was going to end unless they told you about it ad infinitum.

As regards match commentary, never tried the old watch TV whilst listening to radio thing but I've turned the volume down low on the game for now. Tyler was just prattling on about so many things nothing to do with the match I got sick of listening to it.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding Rooney i had to laugh when Shearer on match of the day said Rooney would pay for £50. Forgetting the time he wanted out of Utd and held them ransom for a better contract.
And Tyler today.. ****ing hell he just rambles on and on did my head in, Costa this Costa that, ****ing hell he is awful to listen to.

E

Essex Wolf

Regarding Rooney i had to laugh when Shearer on match of the day said Rooney would pay for £50. Forgetting the time he wanted out of Utd and held them ransom for a better contract.
And Tyler today.. ****ing hell he just rambles on and on did my head in, Costa this Costa that, ****ing hell he is awful to listen to.
Shearer at times seems to suffer selective memory. And yes Tyler was blathering on as if Costa was his own child.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Know what you mean NB about the Rooney thing. Like the bloke or not his achievement cannot be ignored but it's as if the whole bloody world was going to end unless they told you about it ad infinitum.

As regards match commentary, never tried the old watch TV whilst listening to radio thing but I've turned the volume down low on the game for now. Tyler was just prattling on about so many things nothing to do with the match I got sick of listening to it.

Wayne Rooney's achievement is excellent but as you rightly say Essex it is having it and United followed in Sky world by Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool rammed down your throats that we non plastics do not need.

If the radio pundits are no good I tend to mute or go really low on the volume as I have seen enough football over the years to know good from bad. Which leads me in to that Sky classic expression " Its a chess match out there ! " which as we all know means it is been its' half time and sod all has happened !

E

Essex Wolf

Wayne Rooney's achievement is excellent but as you rightly say Essex it is having it and United followed in Sky world by Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool rammed down your throats that we non plastics do not need.

If the radio pundits are no good I tend to mute or go really low on the volume as I have seen enough football over the years to know good from bad. Which leads me in to that Sky classic expression " Its a chess match out there ! " which as we all know means it is been its' half time and sod all has happened !
It's as if certain sections of the media just couldn't wait for Rooney to break the record so as they could all trot out non stop plaudits. Listening to 606 on the way home yesterday and I thought Robbie Savage was going to have palpitations such was his truly ridiculous OTT reactions to anyone who dared question the achievememt.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's as if certain sections of the media just couldn't wait for Rooney to break the record so as they could all trot out non stop plaudits. Listening to 606 on the way home yesterday and I thought Robbie Savage was going to have palpitations such was his truly ridiculous OTT reactions to anyone who dared question the achievememt.

Bang on Essex it is like that sketch in Life of Brian where " Anyone who says the word Jehovah will be stoned " The English media are the same anyone who dares not to worship Jose, Rooney or the new Messiah Zlatan will be suffer a public tongue lashing !

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Martin Tyler, my favourite in fact but I can't stand most of them, Garth Crooks is my least favourite but watching here today in South Africa, Andy Townsend did one commentary, Jim Beglin another, can't stand either of them so have been on mute all afternoon. Shearer is another I can't stand.

E

Essex Wolf

Bang on Essex it is like that sketch in Life of Brian where " Anyone who says the word Jehovah will be stoned " The English media are the same anyone who dares not to worship Jose, Rooney or the new Messiah Zlatan will be suffer a public tongue lashing !
And as if by magic the programme on right now is all about Rooney and his goals. Needless to say I'm changing channels. But yes I know exactly what you mean and it really is getting beyond ridiculous. It's as if outside of Manchester, Liverpool and some London clubs football doesn't exist.

I like Martin Tyler, my favourite in fact but I can't stand most of them, Garth Crooks is my least favourite but watching here today in South Africa, Andy Townsend did one commentary, Jim Beglin another, can't stand either of them so have been on mute all afternoon. Shearer is another I can't stand.
It's each to their own mate and whereas you clearly like Tyler I think he is woeful but think that about all the others you name as well.

S

ShropshireLad

Garth Crooks is my least favourite...Shearer is another I can't stand.
Thank God I don't have to listen to GC any more and as for Shearer my brain switches off when he speaks.
Townshend is another plonker.

I know someone who's connected with Alan McInally and the stories I get to hear about him and his missus crack me up. I don't have SKY so can't comment on his TV persona but this guy says he's very different in his other life.

I did like Lee Dixon on MotD but he's gone elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

epic

Groupie
Reaction score
Lawrenson is the worst - he is like that "weird uncle" in the family that nobody ever likes to talk about.

He is Preston born and bred but never mentions his "lifelong support" for them until PNE reach they play offs or the 4th round of the FA Cup

Like most of the pundits ............. read "failed manager"

Those that can - do. Those that can't criticise.

Back
Top Bottom