Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

PROTEST South Bank turn backs in 6th minute

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FSA is the only organisation that's ever had even a small impact in making the voices of the people who attend games heard.

Ok…….then invite them too, ( as observers).

here’s some idea off the top of my head. Now remember, to have any affect these idea would have to happen simultaneously at all clubs.
I have no idea how practical they are and some won’t be easy.

1.Don’t buy anything from the clubs food, drink etc or even the souvenir shops.

2. Arrive 20 minutes late or leave games early.

3. Every fan send a postcard( no sealed envelopes),to the organization that best can improve VAR. Outside every stadium fans could buy a stamped addressed postcard with the message “FIX VAR” on it. The fans just sign it and pop it in the letter box.
Imagine if a a million of these arrived at the F.A. or whoever……hard to ignore. T.V. crew there when the mail vans arrive…….and arrive…and more…
( overseas fans included).

4. Send more postcards to all the refs/officials’ homes.

5. Organize a national boycott of MOTD and other pertinent shows.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe the fans need Towel Power……

towel power?…….what’s dat?

Some years ago the Vancouver Canucks coach waved a white towel as a symbol because of bad officiating by the game refs….watch.

after that EVERY Canuck fan was given a white towel by the club going into the Stanley Cup games. Imagine if footy fans , home and away , all over the country waved something white as a symbolic surrender to the refs…..you could tie a small piece of white cloth to your car antenna etc.

………………………….

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly the South Bank has become Codsallfied, the working class who would have engaged in protests have been priced out.

Instead of waving flags about the triumphs of 70 years ago, we should be taking a leaf out of Crystal Palace’s book and embarassing the Premier League with anti VAR banners

View attachment 38322
I take it you never go in the South bank then if you don’t think it’s not full of working class folk. That observation couldn’t be any more wrong.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were chanting 'now your gonna believe us the premier leagues corrupt' and '**** VAR' for most of Man City game.
Since then we've had even worse decisions against us. It doesn't seem to make any difference. They don't care.
Ok

But I feel better for venting against the corrupt ****s

bigwolf

Reaction score
Whilst I respect the desire and drive to have some sort of protest it will make little to no impact in isolation.

If you want to bring about change you have to commit to do it time and again.

Every game on sixth minute without fail and bring other fanbases onboard.

I fear that's why it will ultimately have very little impact as that will be very difficult.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The title of this thread suggests the protest takes place just in the South Bank rather than the entire stadium. Why not include the other stands? It wouldn't be easy to ignore thousands of thermos flasks being waved aloft in the Billy Quiet Upper by us of advancing years. ;)
More seriously, I fail to see why the protest can't take place on the Remembrance weekend. The solemnity of the relevant period prior to kick-off could still be fully respected and the protest, in whatever form, could take place thereafter. After all, those who gave their lives did so to protect our values which include freedom to protest against injustices.

My own motivation in participating would be to restore the undiluted joy of my team scoring a goal. That's the wonderful feeling of absolute elation that is being robbed from all Premier League fans by the VAR monstrosity. Don't call for VAR to be reformed. It must be scapped in its entirety. Give us back our game!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s face it nothing will happen, there’s a hundred ideas floated on here alone and not on is fool proof

Let’s just crank up the hostility to ten as Ben foster admits, molineux is scary when it turns on you, whoever the ref is he has it, ****ing big time

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the 6 th minute , get a few people to whack 600 tennis balls onto the pitch from Waterloo road..TV cameras couldn't ignore that

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Not read all thread so sorry if duplicating - I think we should organise ballot of fans - if we can show 90 % plus want to scrap VAR then it will be powerful thing for authorities to grapple with

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we get a couple of dodgy VAR decisions go our way on Saturday like getting awarded a dubious pen and Spurs getting say a legitimate goal disallowed, will the protest still go ahead?
You're having a laugh, ain't you?? As if ...

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally don’t think anyone is going to manufacture such negative big banners… which is why suggested the ‘turn your back’ thing. But if you think they’re feasible / do-able???
Did it for Raul. Not negative, mind...big.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some of the ideas I've liked best in reading through the many on-topic posts, plus a couple of my own:

* The names of the match official and VAR official need to be publicized to Wolves supporters in advance, and incorporated into an easily adaptable song to be sung in the pre-game, and repeated as necessary during the match itself;
* Post two huge-as-possible square red banners with the number "6" on it, post at each end. Have "7" and "9" red banners ready at the go, just in case we need to make in-game adjustments for the next howler(s);
* In the spirit of fairness, we can make downward adjustments IF/when we get a break (lolol), but only post those adjustments after the match has been concluded, at the next home match (green banners if/when we "go positive" LOLOLOL);
* Following the pattern/approach of industrial site signs which state "X days since the last work-related accident", we can have one that instead says "X matches since the last open & obvious VAR error";
* With the high-tech capabilities and entertainment that Fosun has brought, the next time a key decision is pending, the Tech folks at the Mol can spotlight the pitchside VAR monitor, as most officials seem not to know they even exist here;
* University of Wolvo can offer an annual "PGMOL Honorary Degree in PL Officiating" to the match official shown to be the most neutral official of the season, and perhaps offer to host the PGMOL's training activities in the offseason?

Personally, I think we already missed an opportunity (albeit at an away game) last weekend, when Sheff Utd was gifted the penalty at the death. By all means, give Sa an opportunity to save/Norwood a chance to miss, or Wolves a chance to clear a saved shot, but on the 75% likelihood there was going to be a penalty goal ... just walk off the pitch to the changing rooms immediately. There was never going to be anything after that in the remaining seconds to change the outcome. So take the opportunity to make a statement, one that GON backed up in discussions after the match. Better yet, have O'Neill skip the post-game presser altogether. Just take the fine. Make your point, and let others wallow in the ineptitude of the current officiating/VAR system.

Since we didn't see the boys do it this time, we should hope they are prepared to do this in the future if this continues. GON should skip every post-game presser where he feels we've been hard done by. He looked like a broken man doing the last presser, and the folks who continue to let this happen should know our feelings. Mind you, this is a club that just watched over a hundred million pounds of talent leave at least in part due to FFP restrictions, because Wolves were compliant (unlike many others). That we're approaching the same type of de facto points "penalty" as Everton may be assessed with for financially cheating just goes to show how far it's gone ...

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I haven't read every post in this thread, there seems to be a raft of ideas from some and general apathy from others; "it won't work", "they won't listen", "it'll be hard to do"....
This is the reason nothing will change as fans will whine and whinge on social media, but when it come-down to actually making a stand; too many are apathetic!

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
While I haven't read every post in this thread, there seems to be a raft of ideas from some and general apathy from others; "it won't work", "they won't listen", "it'll be hard to do"....
This is the reason nothing will change as fans will whine and whinge on social media, but when it come-down to actually making a stand; too many are apathetic!
That's a little unfair.

I'm not against protest, but feel that it shouldn't be from one club in isolation and any protest should be a coordinated effort. It's not about apathy, it's being realistic about the optics of one group of supporters feeling (rightly or not) they are the only ones suffering.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a little unfair.

I'm not against protest, but feel that it shouldn't be from one club in isolation and any protest should be a coordinated effort. It's not about apathy, it's being realistic about the optics of one group of supporters feeling (rightly or not) they are the only ones suffering.
I've suggested on several occasions that Wolves should band with other Premier League clubs to form a united front against the way VAR is (mis)used.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole ground pull a moony and f4rt in unison.
No thank you sir!
There's a guy a couple of rows in front of me on the SB who does it to order. Giving him carte blanche to guff even more is a definite no no from me. Sorry to be a spoilsport, but I'm close to wearing a face mask as it is.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Next time we're waiting for a pending decision just start chanting:

Mo-nit-or, Mo-nit-or.

Or

Where's your monitor? Where's your monitor? to Where's your momma gone.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean it's all very victim stuff but this is how bad officiating and var is. So **** it. Go for it.

This may sound hyperbole, but the way it is heading, I give it 10 years and this will have turned away most proper football supporters. The game is no longer what it was and it all started with the introduction of var.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean it's all very victim stuff but this is how bad officiating and var is. So **** it. Go for it.

This may sound hyperbole, but the way it is heading, I give it 10 years and this will have turned away most proper football supporters. The game is no longer what it was and it all started with the introduction of var.
I said this a couple of years ago. If this was ten years ago when I had a rubbish low paying job and I paid the money I paid for away days like Sheffield and Manchester United I just wouldn't bother because I rather my money go to something worthwhile. Kids up and down the country will do the same
The encouraging element of the bad officiating is that it has affected Liverpool and Arsenal so there are thousands following both clubs where they would just not watch if it continued

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
if you want impact needs to be huge numbers participating (most of ground) and on tv. It needs to be very obvious/different to get people to notice. Chants won't work

Another idea but involves making t-shirt
Go Balotelli style - Why Always Us?

Guess you could wear them all game

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm fast losing interest in football, I hardly watch any nowadays when I used to watch tons of games from all over the world.

I don't remember officiating being this bad before VAR? Yeah there was the odd howler but nowhere near the level of ridiculous calls which seem to happen in every game, it's like they have meddled with the rules so much to accommodate VAR that refs can literally interpret a rule to justify their decision, and then interpret a different rule to justify the opposite decision for the exact same incident.

I can't be ***** with it anymore

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Next bad VAR decision against us we all sing " Jeff , Jeff call them off" see if he does anything. I know presently he can't say much publically for fear of being fined etc - but he could do this particularly if it's going to cost us the game like Saturday. The management and players would need to be on board. VAR would get all the negative publicity we need and we would all support Jeff in his actions.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon vocal fans do make a difference. These referees make poor decisions too quickly and awareness that we are watching and judging them may make them THINK first. And that Newcastle penalty may have been avoided.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I reckon vocal fans do make a difference. These referees make poor decisions too quickly and awareness that we are watching and judging them may make them THINK first. And that Newcastle penalty may have been avoided.
Well the Sheffield fans were making their opinion of VAR and officiating in general very clear before the 96th minute, it clearly worked for them!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
as a wise man once said…..( not Gandhi).

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT
……………..……………..

“If we wait for others to take action on our behalf we'll be waiting a lifetime. But, if we change our mindset to a mindset of hope and faith in what's just then nothing is stopping us.”

-Jemiya Jacob

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, you’re absolutely right. It’s time to do something.

I’d prefer for the South Bank to stay on the concourse for the first 6 minutes.

Wouldn’t recommend the Bully upper does that, they’ll miss the full game!
It would be so unusual that it would most likely make most ask why are they doing that. Anything that brings this to the front burner has to be worth it. Its also an action that the authorities would have nothing to be able to impose a penalty on the club.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think continuously singing premier league corrupt as ****

VAR blind as ****

No matter how hostile hopefully we can get our message across

Back
Top Bottom