Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

PROTEST South Bank turn backs in 6th minute

surreywolf

Reaction score
We have been denied 6pts

Suggestion: versus Spurs on TV, the South Bank (or ideally whole ground) turns our back for the sixth minute

yes? No? I don’t care if it’s a **** idea and doesn’t happen. But I do want something tangible to happen so better ideas welcomed

T

TheConcourse

We have been denied 6pts

Suggestion: versus Spurs on TV, the South Bank (or ideally whole ground) turns our back for the sixth minute

yes? No? I don’t care if it’s a **** idea and doesn’t happen. But I do want something tangible to happen so better ideas welcomed
No, you’re absolutely right. It’s time to do something.

I’d prefer for the South Bank to stay on the concourse for the first 6 minutes.

Wouldn’t recommend the Bully upper does that, they’ll miss the full game!

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly the South Bank has become Codsallfied, the working class who would have engaged in protests have been priced out.

Instead of waving flags about the triumphs of 70 years ago, we should be taking a leaf out of Crystal Palace’s book and embarassing the Premier League with anti VAR banners

41f40aff-8833-43ed-8a2a-953130714608.jpeg

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A big banner of “Premier League - Corrupt as ****” would suffice. Maybe another one in the North Bank saying something about the PGMOL as well for good measure.

It’s gone too far now; it’s reached the stage of fans either bending over and taking it or standing up and doing something about it.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been denied 6pts

Whilst belting out anti-var chants, or a song similar to John Lennon’s ‘Give peace a chance…’
I’m sure some of the musical fellows/ladies on here could make something fit ‘All we are saying…’

surreywolf

Reaction score
Sadly the South Bank has become Codsallfied, the working class who would have engaged in protests have been priced out.

Instead of waving flags about the triumphs of 70 years ago, we should be taking a leaf out of Crystal Palace’s book and embarassing the Premier League with anti VAR banners

View attachment 38322

Okay thanks. So considering where we are, what we can do

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been denied 6pts

Great idea really hope it happens

surreywolf

Reaction score
A big banner of “Premier League - Corrupt as ****” would suffice. Maybe another one in the North Bank saying something about the PGMOL as well for good measure.

It’s gone too far now; it’s reached the stage of fans either bending over and taking it or standing up and doing something about it.

I personally don’t think anyone is going to manufacture such negative big banners… which is why suggested the ‘turn your back’ thing. But if you think they’re feasible / do-able???

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think a poster yesterday highlighted the issue with banners etc is that the cameras can just avoid the fans, audio technicians can block out some of the noise. On that basis, we need a way of something really visual on the pitch like tennis balls as suggested with anti-var/consistency messages written on them.

surreywolf

Reaction score
Whilst belting out anti-var chants, or a song similar to John Lennon’s ‘Give peace a chance…’
I’m sure some of the musical fellows/ladies on here could make something fit ‘All we are saying…’

Erm okay more than happy to support if it happens - but think we need one idea if possible

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what you are
You know what you are
Useless or cheats.

surreywolf

Reaction score
I think a poster yesterday highlighted the issue with banners etc is that the cameras can just avoid the fans, audio technicians can block out some of the noise. On that basis, we need a way of something really visual on the pitch like tennis balls as suggested with anti-var/consistency messages written on them.

Agreed but I thought getting stuff into ground / throwing stuff is too controversial…. Stand to be corrected though

Whatever works for the majority, hope we can do ONE THING

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed but I thought getting stuff into ground / throwing stuff is too controversial…. Stand to be corrected though

Whatever works for the majority, hope we can do ONE THING
Whatever happens, you are right that fans need to find their voice collectively and send a powerful message to the powers that be.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally don’t think anyone is going to manufacture such negative big banners… which is why suggested the ‘turn your back’ thing. But if you think they’re feasible / do-able???
No idea, really. There will be somebody who works in that industry who goes to Molineux who may have the inclination to do so.

surreywolf

Reaction score
No idea, really. There will be somebody who works in that industry who goes to Molineux who may have the inclination to do so.
Okay thanks. Maybe but feels like a stretch - which is why I suggest turning backs in 6th minute on TV next Sat was a decent start

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just know that the game where we properly protest will be the game where we get an awful decision go for us and have to celebrate it, making us fans look like a bunch of hypocrites! It’s guaranteed, nailed on!

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we need to be careful so it doesn't just look like us Wolves fans moaning about the decisions that have affected us and suggesting it's down to bias/cheating against us in particular.

Stronger to focus on the general incompetence of the officials as a whole. I doubt many fans (or commentators) would disagree with that sentiment, and it would have a lot more impact if perhaps other fans at other games did something similar, regardless of the badge.

Not sure what the action should be - turning backs to pitch is probably as good as anything, perhaps with a banner (again, I think it'd be better to question competence in general, not suggesting it's something more sinister targeted against our club (even if it sometimes feels like it!)).

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What about six fans parachute into the ground in the sixth minute, with black and gold smoke, trailing banners like "VAR corrupt as ****", and "We want our stolen 6 pts".

Shouldn't be too hard to organise.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
People will laugh at us if we did something like that in isolation. Plus, if the game is going well or it's an exciting period of play half the fans wouldn't bother.

If anything were to happen it needs to be coordinated cross clubs. Although we might believe we are the hardest done to, there are plenty of other supporters who might take umbrage at the idea that Wolves supporters are the only ones who deserve to protest.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just need to make sure the banners are fire resistant and have been certified.

Even better if Jeff at the next Premier League Owners meeting raises a motion to remove VAR from next season.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just know that the game where we properly protest will be the game where we get an awful decision go for us and have to celebrate it, making us fans look like a bunch of hypocrites! It’s guaranteed, nailed on!
At this stage, it’s going to take a manager to say - you know what - that isn’t a penalty - and give the ball back to the opposition.

We need the teams to have togetherness on this.

You just know Arteta would never be ranting , or wouldn’t have seen it , if decisions were the other way round though

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just need to make sure the banners are fire resistant and have been certified.

Even better if Jeff at the next Premier League Owners meeting raises a motion to remove VAR from next season.
Although we’d still be 6 points down….

….was also interesting that Lemina handball wasn’t given - would have doubted VAR would have overturned it if it had been (same as Gomes).

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
At this stage, it’s going to take a manager to say - you know what - that isn’t a penalty - and give the ball back to the opposition.

We need the teams to have togetherness on this.

You just know Arteta would never be ranting , or wouldn’t have seen it , if decisions were the other way round though
Can you imagine? 95th minute next week it's 0-0. Hwang trips himself over in the area, ref gives a pen and VAR doesn't overrule him. Finally it's going to even up a bit think the fans. Gary strides onto the pitch and tells Cunha to just roll the ball to their keeper. Would be one for the ages (especially when they go straight down the end and Son dives to get the winning pen).

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give everyone a red card, hold it up on 6 mins, or for any bad ref decisions for that matter

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were chanting 'now your gonna believe us the premier leagues corrupt' and '**** VAR' for most of Man City game.
Since then we've had even worse decisions against us. It doesn't seem to make any difference. They don't care.

Autistic Kangaroo

Reaction score
Can we take legal action?

The VAR is meant to provide a check and balance against refereeing mistakes.

The fact this repeatedly does not happen when it affects Wolves is surely negligible?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“No more apologies - we want the points “ .

Going down the conspiracy route loses value.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the idea, but to be effective, it needs a lot of pushing on social media, and it needs to be commented on in advance by the media, so that when it happens, it’s picked up. Reality is that Sky and the PL Media cameras will probably simply point in a different direction at the time it happens, and their commentary will make no mention of it, but enough photos and videos on social media, and it will be out there.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not print ‘Incompitents’ under our sponsors name on the players shirts! :)

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In my opinion, the way to put pressure on the ref on the pitch is to make Molineux hostile towards not only the opposition but also the officials from the off. No waiting for a bad decision. Set the stall out early.

‘**** VAR’ is too vague too. Need to do our research and start name dropping whoever’s on it that day. They need to know it ain’t gonna run anymore. If going off what Mike Dean admitted is the case across the board, then the pressure needs to be on whoever is behind the screen as well as who’s on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom