Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Posting and behaviour on this forum.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
For some reason some posters have decided that posting rules on this forum that have been around since day one no longer apply to them. Then if moderated decide to then attack the moderators. This isn't acceptable, it won't be tolerated any further and will result in removal from the forum.

Also general behaviour to each other has become quite unpleasant with a lot of people jumping on posters, just because you don't agree with something don't start abuse and if you don't like what a poster posts use the ignore function then you don't need to see what upsets you. Again if we start seeing people just lumping on individuals we will remove you.

This is a statement rather than a discussion so i'm not looking at this as an excuse to have another go at the moderators.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is easy to counter an opinion without any reference to the poster.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Three posters received automatic 10 day bans last night - a post that streams were available, one asking for a pm, and one request for a 'river'.
We're not going to firefight this every game, so please don't put us in the position where bans are being handed out.
The links in the 'Is it on tv' thread are there so that you can see whether a game is being shown anywhere in the world and do the necessary searches yourself.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I joined the Mix in December 2020 – just coming up to three years ago. Previously I was a member of the Wolves Forum, but – like a few others on here – I didn’t agree with the state orthodoxy on there, or accept that some posters were totally beyond criticism.

Plus the constant, unmoderated swearing wore me down. I simply didn’t want to look at a forum first thing in the morning and be greeted by a word that rhymes with punt.

Despite the odd spat, this forum is a breath of fresh air in comparison. I occasionally look at the Wolves Forum and nothing has changed in three years. It strikes me as angry, bitter blokes sitting in a corner of the pub as life passes them by.

So all power to the mods – yeah, one of my posts got deleted but I’m fine with that. Far better slightly over-zealous moderation from time-to-time than the vicious chaos that exists elsewhere.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I joined the Mix in December 2020 – just coming up to three years ago. Previously I was a member of the Wolves Forum, but – like a few others on here – I didn’t agree with the state orthodoxy on there, or accept that some posters were totally beyond criticism.

Plus the constant, unmoderated swearing wore me down. I simply didn’t want to look at a forum first thing in the morning and be greeted by a word that rhymes with punt.

Despite the odd spat, this forum is a breath of fresh air in comparison. I occasionally look at the Wolves Forum and nothing has changed in three years. It strikes me as angry, bitter blokes sitting in a corner of the pub as life passes them by.

So all power to the mods – yeah, one of my posts got deleted but I’m fine with that. Far better slightly over-zealous moderation from time-to-time than the vicious chaos that exists elsewhere.
Thank you.
I have no doubt that to some the other forum is a breath of fresh air too. I guess the important thing is that most people can find a place that works for them.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. However I do wonder if they are glued to their laptops/phones all day every day. It gets incredibly tense on here sometimes especially when emotions are running high (which is most times).

I certainly appreciate what those guys do..
I reckon the « guys » know who to look out for ;-)

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three posters received automatic 10 day bans last night - a post that streams were available, one asking for a pm, and one request for a 'river'.
We're not going to firefight this every game, so please don't put us in the position where bans are being handed out.
The links in the 'Is it on tv' thread are there so that you can see whether a game is being shown anywhere in the world and do the necessary searches yourself.
I had a post removed for saying they could offer a stream but I was talking about an official one on the Carabao cup website.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I had a post removed for saying they could offer a stream but I was talking about an official one on the Carabao cup website.
Yes, but it would have led to other things. Sorry, I'd already moderated the others by then, and really didn't want to end up with more.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed 100%. Well said.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi @Mutchy,

I've been reflecting over the past 24 hours on my final comments on the "Overshadowing a World Cup victory" thread, and I think you and other posters who called me out are right. My commenting about posters "celebrating" an individual's death was completely out of line and uncalled for. I have strong views, but believe something so harsh is out of character for me.

I don't like to share personal stuff, and this is pretty difficult for me to admit... but long story short, someone close to me is dying, and the prognosis of survival is not particularly good. As you can imagine, I feel upset and more than a little bitter. It's probably why I brought up the notion of death on that thread in the first place, and drove toward a rather dark and resentful conclusion. I lashed out at others, including you, which I should not have done.

So in short. I humbly apologise to you and to any other poster who took offence at what I said. I will probably take a break until this thing is resolved one way or another, and I shall endeavour not to repeat such a comment.

SilsoeWolf

Reaction score
I don’t post much, but I read this forum every day (waaay too much). I love to hear a variety of viewpoints, whether they are well thought through, or just passing thoughts driven by the emotion. I just roll my eyes when things get personal - it just makes it a less nice place to be, and I’m sure it puts off those being targetted.

The mods here are doing a great job to keep this under control - you have my full support for one :)

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You and me both brother.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Should be a Severn day ban.

Zosothethird

Reaction score
I am in full support of the mods - thanks for keeping the forum ticking over for our enjoyment.

However, please can I post without having to wait for approval now? It has been quite a while and it is really demotivating - I find myself writing out a post to join a discussion and then not bothering to even post it as I know it has to be approved by a moderator and probably won’t even appear to others until the point has become null and void.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
At the risk of being labelled a sycophant, I have to say that Mutchy's moderation of the World Cup "kiss" thread was exemplary. She admitted that it is a subject close to her heart, and then proceeded, under great, and mischievous, provocation to oversee a reasonable discussion. Top marks from me
She ain't going to make you a moderator mate, stop wasting your time :p

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I am in full support of the mods - thanks for keeping the forum ticking over for our enjoyment.

However, please can I post without having to wait for approval now? It has been quite a while and it is really demotivating - I find myself writing out a post to join a discussion and then not bothering to even post it as I know it has to be approved by a moderator and probably won’t even appear to others until the point has become null and void.
Keep going, just a few more posts! There's an initial spell of pre mod for all new registrations.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
fair play to you mods, can’t help but feel there could be a few more of you about at some points, but appreciate you have lives beyond here!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the life of me, I can’t even begin to fathom how the mods have the patience to wade through all the posts, ( mostly negative).
It would wear anyone down.

But they do a great job ……we have to remember how toxic the Mix could become without therm.
So thanks, mods………(take a couple quid outa petty cash and buy yourselves somethin’ nice. :) )

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all have our moments on here (me included) but these folks spend a lot of there time, ensuring this is as vibrant and busy forum as it is.

Thanks for what you Mods do and as the saying goes: “Think before you post!”

Back
Top Bottom