Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Posters no longer on the Mix

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes he is nice guy, he got me a programme from my first game (v Arsenal at the Mol) in 1958, my uncle was a Gunner and he was trying to make me one, Wolves won 6-0 so he failed. My Black country relations would have disowned me. This thread got me thinking about people who no longer post, I haven't seen anything from Lupu who is from Malta or Arthur Williams for a long time or Huge from Shargar who was active on a private thread with my brother. There was a bit of a schism with some folks going off to other boards so maybe they are there.
6-1. It was March 1959. I was there too

OscillatingWildly

Reaction score
I know.He has been open about his difficulties,and I do hope he feels better nowadays.
I don´t think he was ever the president in the Matt Doherty fanclub though..:)

I do within reason, thanks.

I've long since forgiven Doc for the events of 2013-2017. Everyone gets to have a redemption story. Though I did see highlights of his cup final appearance for Hibs the other week (it's slim pickings in terms of what to watch) and it was comforting to see that he was indeed rubbish then.

Yes, when I was on here originally I could have a terrible attitude from time to time. Like a lot of recent graduates, I mistakenly thought I knew it all in my early-mid 20s. Not that it's an excuse. Was a very long time ago though, I left in 2009 (for a very dull, mundane reason) and hadn't been posting much for a while before then.

You never know, I might stick around a bit. If only to up the quotient of Elastica references.

S

ShropshireLad

He did.
The guy is very knowledgeable,and is good with words.
Unfortunately,the attitude that sometimes came with it wasn´t everyone´s cup of tea.
So to speak.
I know the feeling! :)

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some would say they’re all right others would say they’re far right.:cool:

Luckily I don't care what any random person on the internet thinks of my "politics" :D

for me right wing means Tory and I would never vote Tory and in fact in NZ I have voted Labour all my life. Yet I am "right wing" :rolleyes:

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember langdale wolf posting a huge wall of text telling everyone that he was leaving and the reasons why. the next post made me laugh ' nobody cares langdale' lololol
Also huge of sharja (?) and his ht team talks used to make me howl with laughter

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
I met some good friends on the wolf. Shame it became so dead.
You are right, just looked at that one too, and on the Wolves section for example, after the stickies about the sixth thread down last post was a month ago, worse on the general footie section, fourth thread down the last post was in October - wouldn't have thought either forum was even worth turning on even weekly, wonder why they bother??? - the Mix may have its faults (washes mouth out with soap!) but at least it's lively :)

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Deutsch Wolf used to jump on every post to try and belittle the poster. I always found The Bear very aloof. are either of these still around?

I remember slip on shoes ‘previews’ and kevin_coopers team sheets

S

ShropshireLad

You are right, just looked at that one too, and on the Wolves section for example, after the stickies about the sixth thread down last post was a month ago, worse on the general footie section, fourth thread down the last post was in October - wouldn't have thought either forum was even worth turning on even weekly, wonder why they bother??? - the Mix may have its faults (washes mouth out with soap!) but at least it's lively :)
A bit too lively at times but it’s better than The Wolf

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a light hearted attempt, but obviously a failed one, to link Labour voting with some of your more robust views.

good stuff sorry I was too serious with my reply :D

I liked the old school labour party: people came first. I struggle with the new labour as they have embraced identity politics somewhat and have moved away from their traditional roots. ooops there I go again being serious :eek:

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deutsch Wolf used to jump on every post to try and belittle the poster. I always found The Bear very aloof. are either of these still around?

I remember slip on shoes ‘previews’ and kevin_coopers team sheets

DW posted on this thread a couple of days ago. The Bear is alive and well on a couple of Wolves forums including TWF

Remus

Groupie
Reaction score
I remember langdale wolf posting a huge wall of text telling everyone that he was leaving and the reasons why. the next post made me laugh ' nobody cares langdale' lololol
Also huge of sharja (?) and his ht team talks used to make me howl with laughter
Were you on the E&S board? If you were, what was the private board that Huge of Shargar ran? My brother was on it but it was alaways a secret!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Were you on the E&S board? If you were, what was the private board that Huge of Shargar ran? My brother was on it but it was alaways a secret!

Amy’s Tavern? It grew out of the European Cup thread.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Weren’t they two separate entities? I didn’t realise they were linked.
I remember the ECT was invite only.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Weren’t they two separate entities? I didn’t realise they were linked.
I remember the ECT was invite only.

Yeah, you’re right. It’s a while ago now that I was involved.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
haha
The ECT thread! 26th march 1965, bostin, kenny millers right foot, interesting dave, leedswolf. towerwolf etc etc, I saw prego started a thread a few days ago. I hope you're doing well ogerp. :thumbsup:
Whatever happened to all the people from the "Is Dave Jones a good manager or should he go" thread?
I did my my best to end the clique that was the ect back in the day.:laughing: nearly 20 years ago now!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member LP 3925

@cobweb
Wasn’t it started by ‘Stan Cullis’ asking ‘how many have we won?’

Happy Days.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Rom was a much loved part of the ECT.
@Remus, you need to speak to Stuart/Kenny, 28th March 1965, Paddington on TWF if you want to know about those times.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
haha
The ECT thread! 26th march 1965, bostin, kenny millers right foot, interesting dave, leedswolf. towerwolf etc etc, I saw prego started a thread a few days ago. I hope you're doing well ogerp. :thumbsup:
Whatever happened to all the people from the "Is Dave Jones a good manager or should he go" thread?
I did my my best to end the clique that was the ect back in the day.:laughing: nearly 20 years ago now!

Hi Cob I’m well mate thanks for asking. Yes there were some good ding dongs with you back in the day ☺️ Boston went to Perth in Australia and I lost touch with him after a while.
Blackpool Wolf was another who has disappeared too.

Stay safe mate

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rom was a much loved part of the ECT.
@Remus, you need to speak to Stuart/Kenny, 28th March 1965, Paddington on TWF if you want to know about those times.

Rom was a larger than life character and a true gent. Loved the Wolves and a pint or three in the Western, he is missed.

Stay safe Mutchy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom