Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Poland v England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
Yeah great strike, but when did we bring him on?
I must have missed the sub...

Hazza

Reaction score
This kind of *******s about Qatar has been published on here before stating that 6500 people have died contructing world cup stadiums. Utter ****ing nonsense. There is an averge population of over 2m workers who are asian nationals in Qatar over the 10 years period. So its like the equivalent of a 20m population in 1 year. Those 6500 deaths are a variety of causes including suicides and car accidents. The industrial accident rate is very much on a par with the UK. The suicide rate of asians in qatar is lower that the general suicide rate in England. 6500 deaths from 20m person years is very unexceptional but that doesnt suit the left wing views so it gets conflated into another message. By all means have a go at Qatar for some of their practices but this 6500 died constucting stadiums is complete and utter *******s.
I agree the 6500 figure is not all attributable to construction of stadiums but the general conditions these workers live and work in contributes to a lot of the ‘natural causes’.
Qatar is not a tolerant society, minority groups are victimised and in some cases prosecuted and jailed for just being themselves.
it doesn’t sit right with TTK or our ‘accept all’ philosophy as a society.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
We haven't deserved to win this game. They are limited but gave it everything.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Referee blowing for full time on 94 minutes, when they've been celebrating their goal for nearly 2 minutes, god that infuriates me, how can refs be that thick?

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Referee blowing for full time on 94 minutes, when they've been celebrating their goal for nearly 2 minutes, god that infuriates me, how can refs be that thick?
I may well be mistaken but I don’t think that time for stoppages after 90:00 is added on.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't create enough
Southgate scarded of subbing certain players

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I didn’t watch, but I shall try and guess what happened, correct me if I’m wrong. England sat back and invited pressure whilst they were 1-0 up
Yup, pretty much they did do a little bit after they scored but then reverted to the sit another ten mins and probably would've lost as the tempo had gone

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
So Southgate learned from the Euro finals defeat? Good stuff.
They had one chance in 92nd minute and scored. England were easily the better team and controlled most of the game. Probably had 60% plus possession. Not enough shots on target though.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's supposed to be, hence they say "a minimum of X minutes added time"...
I’m sure that there was an incident involving us last season where a player needed treatment during ‘injury time’ and the extra time wasn’t added and one of our resident refs on here informed us that stoppages after the 90 minutes aren’t added on.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree the 6500 figure is not all attributable to construction of stadiums but the general conditions these workers live and work in contributes to a lot of the ‘natural causes’.
Qatar is not a tolerant society, minority groups are victimised and in some cases prosecuted and jailed for just being themselves.
Yes but so much crap that people just latch onto.
for example 6500 in the 10 years is 50 odd per month. The article posted and even your post above try’s to cast some doubt on the ‘natural causes’ deaths.

many of these workers are unskilled, from poor communities - did the likes of this report look at equivalent death rates of the the home countries of these migrant workers - no of course they didn’t.
I’d put good money on the death rate of equivalent demographics being equal to that experienced in Qatar. of course that would t fit the narrative that many outlets are trying to portray.

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
Just felt our build up play was too predictable and too slow. Didn’t change anything and the inevitable happened!

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst taking the figures mentioned this publication's article on good faith and seeing first hand the very real dangers of working alongside construction companies in a number of developing/third world countries, I think, in the interest of accuracy, it would probably be helpful if you read their article.
I had read the article, but have now amended my post.
The Qatari Government does not dispute the figures

Last edited:

Hazza

Reaction score
Yes but so much crap that people just latch onto.
for example 6500 in the 10 years is 50 odd per month. The article posted and even your post above try’s to cast some doubt on the ‘natural causes’ deaths.

many of these workers are unskilled, from poor communities - did the likes of this report look at equivalent death rates of the the home countries of these migrant workers - no of course they didn’t.
I’d put good money on the death rate of equivalent demographics being equal to that experienced in Qatar. of course that would t fit the narrative that many outlets are trying to portray.
You get put in prison in Qatar for 3 years for being gay!

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Choosing Qatar was rotten to the core and speaks volumes about the corruption in football administration. Hosting a World Cup in a country with no football infrastructure, where the heat is as opppressive as the political and social climate makes about as much sense as choosing The Falkland Islands. If England had an ounce of integrity they would boycott the tournament. We can talk about TTK and walking off the pitch to combat racism but its all gesture politics. Time to stand up and be counted.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And several other countries too I think. I worked in the middle east for 20 years, Saudi, Bahrain Dubai. People from poorer countries in particular are very badly treated on the whole, non-payment of wages, no time off, banned from going to church & much more, could tell you lots of stories but won't bore people to death. Some good people in those countries (locals) but lots of bad ones too. Sorry to be off topic mods, just wanted to make a point.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats all very well but the average mortality rate in the UK in 2016 for people aged 25-29 was 42 per 100K. Check the government figures. So here in the UK for 20m person years of 25-29 year olds you would expect 8400 deaths, so that 6500 figure is actually lower than the UK rate!
I would say its a form of racism by the Guardian against Qataris to accuse them of killing their workforce by harsh conditions when the actual figures just dont stack up to basic fact checking, but you are kind of saying its OK to make false accusations against them simply because you dont like their other laws. I should add that I have no links to Qatar myself but I dont like fake news and stats conflating misleading stories to suit a biased agenda.

I think anyone handwringing with guilt at intending to go to the World Cup should rest easy in their beds.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh I’m not saying the country is good - far far from it. But I don’t see people clamouring to boycott UAE or Dubai for the same reason as you state?

shame one - shame them all. Don’t be selective.

but the fact you quote - as abhorrent as I find it - has nothing to do with the relative mortality rates of migrant workers, or the flagrant spin associated with it.

for the record I am of the mind that the migrant workers are ‘modern slaves’ but that doesnt blind me to selective and disproportionate reporting.

edit to add, sorry mods - will not go off topic anymore

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oh I’m not saying the country is good - far far from it. But I don’t see people clamouring to boycott UAE or Dubai for the same reason as you state?

but the fact you quote - as abhorrent as I find it - has nothing to do with the relative mortality rates of migrant workers, or the flagrant spin associated with it.

for the record I am of the mind that the migrant workers are ‘modern slaves’ but that doesnt blind me to selective and disproportionate reporting.

But neither the UAE or Dubai have been given the honour of hosting a World Cup. That's the problem. It gives the impression of reapectability. You'd have to be a half wit or have been bunged a million quid to defend giving Qatar the WC.

Hazza

Reaction score

I agree re Dubai and UAE 100%
I guess in the modern world this is the issue … where are the lines drawn

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
I’m sure that there was an incident involving us last season where a player needed treatment during ‘injury time’ and the extra time wasn’t added and one of our resident refs on here informed us that stoppages after the 90 minutes aren’t added on.
It was Patricio, quite a significant amount of stoppage starting from about the 87th minute... play didn't resume until well beyond 90 minutes... most of the stoppage was in injury time itself so you only get the +3 minutes and not the full stoppage...

If Poland wasted 2 of the 4 minutes of added on time then it should have been added on, to compensate for the 4 minutes lost of the 90...

Clear as mud, sorry!

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't create enough
Southgate scarded of subbing certain players
Agreed, I thought Mount had a pretty poor game but it seems he is one of Southgates blue eyed ones.
This system that Southgate plays reminds me very much of another manager who shall be nameless, lots of sideways backwards kind of thing, what we have we hold but it doesnt always work, and can give the other Team confidence to push forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom