Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Podence

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence man, deserved more respect from fans and staff really, he played a big part in keeping us up last season. On his day he was great, I’d have been happy to have kept him, probably would have done a job while our top 3 were out too.
Can’t recall any derogatory chants aimed at Podence at any time?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence man, deserved more respect from fans and staff really, he played a big part in keeping us up last season. On his day he was great, I’d have been happy to have kept him, probably would have done a job while our top 3 were out too.
Hindsight is great.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a horrible little player, ex Wolves or not.

A diver and a spitter.

But glad he played well against Aston Villol
He didn't spit at anyone though did he? Spat in their general direction as if to say "**** you" but video evidence didn't show him spitting at anyone.

But yes he is a diver.

He was just about worth what we paid for him and I'd argue he done enough in a Wolves shirt to be remembered fondly.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He has always been a technically brilliant football, he has phases for us where he would go missing for weeks.

He seems to prefer the med to the Premier league and he just seems to fit olympiacos, he ran the game against a decent spurs side when they player before he signed for us.

On his day he is brilliant when he's not on his day he's the most frustrating player on the pitch, it's a shame he didn't want to give it a try under O'Neil.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame that podence has an option to buy at 5 million for olympiocos. We could ask for 10 million on current form.
More a contractual issue why it's only a £5m option, he'd easily be worth around the £15m mark if he had a couple of years left. Thing is if was just down to ability, Podence could be a £40m+ player because on his day he's brilliant, but lets himself down with his wastefulness on the pitch and selfish, petulant theatrics

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never understood the stick he got last season. Literally the only player that could find the net with some consistency and always trying to be creative. Mistake letting him go this season when we did as he certainly still added plenty to our side.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never understood the stick he got last season. Literally the only player that could find the net with some consistency and always trying to be creative. Mistake letting him go this season when we did as he certainly still added plenty to our side.
Completely disagree with this - his six goals last year was his best ever tally and he got zero PL assists, with his previous best prem goals being 3 with 2 assists.

He wasn’t productive enough to make up for the lack of work rate or physicality, or the crap attitude.

Let’s not rewrite history - it’s nice he did well against Villa last night, but he’s nowhere near good enough for us.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He signed a three year contract before he joined Olympiacos . Fair do’s to him .
It was a years extension which protects his value. I think.

In any case he’ll be easy to move on as is he is a tricky player that scores.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely disagree with this - his six goals last year was his best ever tally and he got zero PL assists, with his previous best prem goals being 3 with 2 assists.

He wasn’t productive enough to make up for the lack of work rate or physicality, or the crap attitude.

Let’s not rewrite history - it’s nice he did well against Villa last night, but he’s nowhere near good enough for us.
Nowhere near good enough?

Have you seen us without Cunha Neto and hwang

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep. He scored some crucial goals in the first half of last season that were priceless considering how bad we were. You can't knock him for that. Fair play to him.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People forget Nuno signed him as Jota's replacement when Nuno was benching Jota.

Lot of people forget that
They don't forget it - because it didn't happen

Podence started six games in all competitions in the time he and Jota were both here and played a total of 542 minutes, Jota started twelve and played 1107 minutes. Fair to say that Podence was never ahead of Jota in the pecking order when they were both here

Jota's 'replacement' was Neto

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Podence eas a bit of a 'git' and his going down easily and histrionics were embarrassing ( no worse than Hwang though) but at times he was excellent and scored some important goals.
For a couple of seasons people were always moaning we went back and sideways too much, he was often the only player that tried to get us going forward, sometimes it didn't work and he got slated.
I think the anti Podence stuff is a bit ott.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Podence started six games in all competitions in the time he and Jota were both here and played a total of 542 minutes, Jota started twelve and played 1107 minutes. Fair to say that Podence was never ahead of Jota in the pecking order when they were both here

No I remember it well , Jota wasn't starting games.

Maybe I should of rephrased it to long term replacement as guess what ... Yep Jota was sold in the summer.

You remember the Europa quarter final right ?

Jota came on for last 10

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence has always been great for a highlights package on Match of the Day or one-off games as he has the ability to pick a pass that doesn't look possible, and he's got an eye for goal as soon as he's in the box.

However as we know from watching him every week, the amount of times he gives the ball away, dives, falls over at the slightest contact, and just outright moans, kind of gets old fairly quickly.

He'd have been good to have this season because our squad depth is a dsgrace, but it was right at the time - and remains right - that we're trying to find a buyer for him.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
He went on strike refusing to go on the preseason tour was his behaviour any better than nunes?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always liked Podence despite his antics
Was always a bit Marmite i guess and never was really consistent enough for us
I hope we get something for him and wish him luck especially in the next game with Villa :)

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent eye for goal in spells at wolves.

However wouldn't want him back. Ships sailed cba with the attitude.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I remember it well , Jota wasn't starting games.

Maybe I should of rephrased it to long term replacement as guess what ... Yep Jota was sold in the summer.

You remember the Europa quarter final right ?

Jota came on for last 10
He was still starting more than Podence! And yeah I remember the Europa quarter final, you seem to be basing your argument on that one single game (not forgetting the anger Nuno showed when Jota fluffed yet another one on one in the previous game we played against Olympiakos)

Facts, Jota was used over twice as much as Podence when they were both here then Liverpool came in with a bid. How you work out that Nuno signed Podence to replace Jota from that, I have no idea

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was still starting more than Podence! And yeah I remember the Europa quarter final, you seem to be basing your argument on that one single game (not forgetting the anger Nuno showed when Jota fluffed yet another one on one in the previous game we played against Olympiakos)

Facts, Jota was used over twice as much as Podence when they were both here then Liverpool came in with a bid. How you work out that Nuno signed Podence to replace Jota from that, I have no idea
Agree to disagree.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's some interesting logic. Podence couldn't possibly be Jota's replacement because he played less than Jota. But Neto, who also played less than Jota was Jota's replacement?

It was widely accepted at the time of Podence's arrival that he was the long term replacement for someone. Given that Cavaleiro and Costa had both left on loan before Podence's arrival and that Adams and Neto remained, it was quite obvious when Jota was sold who Podence was replacing.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you look at their transfers, £5m is actually quite a lot for them. It's good to see him doing well though.
Wonder if Nuno would want him again at Forest.

Might be a bit awkward in the dressing room though but if they could get him for £5m it's a bit of a bargain IMV.

Back
Top Bottom