Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Podence

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is that? Are window rules and dates different in different countries?
Yes.

For example, we had to buy JRB before 10pm English time because their window closed. Even though it was open another hour in England.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.

For example, we had to buy JRB before 10pm English time because their window closed. Even though it was open another hour in England.
Earlier it was posted that it was dictated by the rules of the buying club which would make sense if we can still sell to clubs outside Eufa after the window closes.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Podence situation is a real shame. He is so talented and he scores goals. Interesting to see what happens with him in the next two weeks. He could learn a lot from Jonny.
I agree…….really like his skill and football brain.

he’s a smart footballer and creative. So many times I’ve seen him frustrated that nobody starts running for him to pass it into the box……that’s what the great teams do…..many times that’s where they get goals. ……the through ball.
( I remember when Podence, RAN, Raul and Neto used to really click but for different reasons they were seldomon the pitch at the same time………terrible pity).

But some are obsessed with Podence’s back flicks because they sometimes don’t work……ok, but how many forward easy passes do the whole Wolves squad screw up every game compared to the very infrequent back flicks that Podence does? …and that was the previous season, btw. Let’s worry or criticize all the easy passes that don’t come off.
Christ, ever watch us trying to pass it out of our end? yet Podence’s infrequent back flips are a problem? Really?

And his ‘diving’……ok, not a big deal as he doesn’t do it as much anymore. BTW, he’s a smaller guy so he get more physical stick.
And yet, Adama, really built, also went down constantly but Podence always got slagged……that’s a bit lopsided, imo.
To some, Adama could do no wrong ( or anything , for that matter ), but Podence‘s goals were hugely important/critical to surviving along with Dawson and JL.

Anyway, now that we are attacking more, I wish last few games we could have done with Podence’s shrewd football skill….oh well.

Last edited:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully, we can sell him for a fee now he has signed a new contract and he doesn't leave for free.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not only can we not sign players properly we can't offload them properly either lol

DJLWolf

Reaction score
I agree…….really like his skill and football brain.

he’s a smart footballer and creative. So many times I’ve seen him frustrated that nobody starts running for him to pass it into the box……that’s what the great teams do…..many times that’s where they get goals. ……the through ball.
( I remember when Podence, RAN, Raul and Neto used to really click but for different reasons they were seldomon the pitch at the same time………terrible pity).

But some are obsessed with Podence’s back flicks because they sometimes don’t work……ok, but how many forward easy passes do the whole Wolves squad screw up every game compared to the very infrequent back flicks that Podence does? …and that was the previous season, btw. Let’s worry or criticize all the easy passes that don’t come off.
Christ, ever watch us trying to pass it out of our end? yet Podence’s infrequent back flips are a problem? Really?

And his ‘diving’……ok, not a big deal as he doesn’t do it as much anymore. BTW, he’s a smaller guy so he get more physical stick.
And yet, Adama, really built, also went down constantly but Podence always got slagged……that’s a bit lopsided, imo.
To some, Adama could do no wrong ( or anything , for that matter ), but Podence‘s goals were hugely important/critical to surviving along with Dawson and JL.

Anyway, now that we are attacking more, I wish last few games we could have done with Podence’s shrewd football skill….oh well.

He's gone to OLYMPIAKOS.....the proof is in the pudding.

That tells us all we need to know.

At the age of 27, available for peanuts, no team in a top European division has come in for him and it speaks volumes.

It's because he's average, he thinks he's miles better than he is and he has got a bad attitude.

We're well shot of him.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m confused.

Has the Greek window remained open?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found him frustrating as hell when he joined and we were a team with high expectations still - he just felt like a step backwards compared to the more well-rounded and direct players we had gotten used too.. but last season, when the chips were down, he stepped up imo.

It seems like the relationship was beyond repair and that he needed to leave. I won’t personally miss him, because I was never that enamoured with him.. but we might miss his goals this season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's gone to OLYMPIAKOS.....the proof is in the pudding.

That tells us all we need to know.

At the age of 27, available for peanuts, no team in a top European division has come in for him and it speaks volumes.

It's because he's average, he thinks he's miles better than he is and he has got a bad attitude.

We're well shot of him.

Yep. The only downside being that he's no worse than the forwards he's played alongside here. And better than most of them, which is why he created and scored more.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the OS, Hobbs states him moving on this summer is something that’s been discussed since last Jan under Lopetegui.

I can understand why a few were annoyed if they’d all had that conversation back then.

Credit to Podence though for still standing up and being counted, scored some key goals for us in that period.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the OS, Hobbs states him moving on this summer is something that’s been discussed since last Jan under Lopetegui.

I can understand why a few were annoyed if they’d all had that conversation back then.

Credit to Podence though for still standing up and being counted, scored some key goals for us in that period.
To be fair he didn’t do much standing up.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does seem a slightly odd deal to me.
I’d of thought we would have excepted a permanent sale for something close to his book value of £4M, so say £5M; sure they could have afforded that?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does seem a slightly odd deal to me.
I’d of thought we would have excepted a permanent sale for something close to his book value of £4M, so say £5M; sure they could have afforded that?
If they pay his wages its going to be close to that figure anyway,plus probably a loan fee

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anything ever come of Forest's players and staff blatantly lying to get him banned in terms of punishment for them?

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always felt he was a strange signing, best position is a number 10 a role we dont play, so was moved out wide and didnt suit his game.

Yes is clearly a talent but always went missing in games, or lost he head and rolled over a few to many times.

Wont miss him really, thanks for the Forrest goal away, that was important but could have had so many better memories.

D

Deleted member (smith)

That's good of Podence extending his contract. Hope we can get a decent fee next season.

maybe…maybe not….we will be responsible for his salary if we can’t move him on…what makes it likely we get a better fee especially as we are not playing him?

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
maybe…maybe not….we will be responsible for his salary if we can’t move him on…what makes it likely we get a better fee especially as we are not playing him?
A good season in European football

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to have hit form since his move. Another goal and assist tonight. Got 2 goals last weekend. That’s 4 since his move.

From Hobbs comments he wont be coming back. So the better his form the bigger fee we can command maybe.

Will still have another year on his contract.

T

TheConcourse

He’ll be flexing in his mirror at home.

“Who’s the daddy, Backa Topola!”

Back
Top Bottom