Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Players we should of never sold

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tomasz Frankowski
Jelle Van Damme

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
Andy Mutch, three weeks prior I had his name put on my shirt. My dad told me not to, but then he also said bully wouldn't be as good without him, what did he know!

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
I did it again with akinbiyi this time at Christmas, I had 4 months out of that shirt at best!
I've never been tempted to put a name on a shirt again, well that's a lie I was tempted to put Roger Johnstone accross my shoulders to carry on the curse but I thought I'd get hurt at a game!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Claridge.
did we actually sell him or was he only contracted to end of season

OK just looked it up and ye we did sell him to Portsmouth

with hindsight should never have signed him

Last edited:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ROBBIE KEANE.
ALAN SUNDERLAND.

Disastrous, stupid decisions and for peanuts.

More recently Diogo Jota obviously but at least we got a reasonable fee.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wayne Clarke - was meant to have been better than his brother, Alan Clarke, when he was a boy

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did it again with akinbiyi this time at Christmas, I had 4 months out of that shirt at best!
I've never been tempted to put a name on a shirt again, well that's a lie I was tempted to put Roger Johnstone accross my shoulders to carry on the curse but I thought I'd get hurt at a game!
Akinbiyi was one that we did extremely well to offload ... totally uselss iirc [and expensive].

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama Traore. (getting it in early)

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Akinbiyi was one that we did extremely well to offload ... totally uselss iirc [and expensive].

Always going to be tough replacing Robbie Keane as well as the inflated transfer fee but I didn't think he was that bad here.

Scored some goals in his season with us. Memory a bit hazy but he may have struggled a bit at first then went on a really good run

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jens Dowe and Jelle Van Damme,

Their guile, tenacity and 'die for the cause' reliability.

Stories of their heroic contributions will live on, long after we're all dust and worm food.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn't sell him. He retired for religion.
A lot of people would say that's a noble decision.

I'd say think about all the sex and drugs he missed out on, but then I remember it was religion he left for... Silly me.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
16 goals in 32 games off the top of my head. Complete waste of space.

Yeah as others (@Hot Fuss and @George AlooGobi ) have mentioned... I checked the Wikipedia stats also. Really surprised me, nearly 1 in 2. Obviously I wasn't "remembering correctly". I do remember though getting a good price for him from Leicester.

No idea why I had such a negative lasting impression; perhaps) he had a bad start or something as @George AlooGobi suggested.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
16 goals in 32 games off the top of my head. Complete waste of space.
And we got a good transfer fee didn’t we?

We paid £3.5million for him from Bristol City in September 1999 hoping he would replace Robbie Keane. Ten months later he signed for Leicester for £5.5million as a replacement for Emile Heskey. £2million profit was not bad business at the time.

Akinbyi never hit it off at Leicester and he scored 11 goals in 58 appearances.

He became a bit of a journeyman after leaving Leicester. Maybe he should have stayed at Molineux.

Back
Top Bottom