Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Player of the season...your top 3 contenders

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly
Boly
Boly
Think you should change the Gary breen song to suit Boly
Neves will go on to top top honours,but Boly has been huge

Reaction score
Saiss
Jota
Coady

Neves spoiled his season for me with silly bookings and getting red at Boro

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no.1 neves. best player i have ever seen at wolves. take one player out the wolves team who would be missed most?
no.2 coady. great leader.
no.3 cav. makes things happen with his power and skill.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be Neves followed by Jota then Boly.
Narrowly ahead of Coady and Cavaleiro.
Coady has been immense for us this season but Boly has to have shaded it as best defender. :):)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves quite easily people forget he’s that good because they see him every week, wait til tonight and people will remember

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Jota will be omitted by many if he doesn’t play again this season.

But he was player of the first half (season) for sure. Doc and Cav have been magic lately. Coady and Boly have been generally excellent all season.

Neves probably deserves it overall though.

V

Virginia Wolf

1. Neves - When he doesn't play it's very noticeable. Runs the midfield and seems to do it so effortlessly. Amazing at his age.
2. Boly - When he doesn't play it's also very noticeable. So calm and composed.
3. Jota or Coady. I really can't decide. Jota is a terrier of a forward, so tough and resilient. Amazed it's taken this long for him to be injured. Was pivotal to our early success. And Coady has found his calling on the football field - amazing how the perceived quality of a player is reliant on the freedom offered by the system in which he plays. This system is perfect for Coady and now we see how good a player he is. Passing almost as good as Neves. And his attitude is first rate.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. NEVES
2. Coady
3. Cavaleiro
4. Boly
5. Jota
6. Doc

S

SavageWolf

I can't decide tbh, right now I'm down to (just starting from the back):

Coady - most improved
Boly - best defender
Douglas - excellent defence and offence
Neves - classiest player I've seen at Wolves
Cav - most influential, makes things happen
Jota - most explosive but poor 2018

If I had to choose right now it would be

1.Cav - his energy and creativity rules
2.Douglas - £1m? What a return
3.Neves - passing ability of the highest quality

The others:
Ruddy had a good first half of the season but I've left his fan club, looking very shaky.

Doc has been good but there's many games when he could do a lot more or his final ball hasn't been the best - he has been great at linking up and receiving the ball.

Saiss has been brilliant too but Neves has been better.

Costa would be right in the player of the season mix if he had been playing like he has the past month

Bonatini, say no more, gone AWOL this year.

D

Deleted member 4453

Coady
Cavaleiro
Neves*

I'm certain of the top 2 and I think it's only lately I've realised Neves' talent. He got a red at Boro because of emotions. He hasn't spat on anyone. Could argue Doc for the 3rd spot as others have mentioned been consistent without much rest, well any...

Cavaleiro is a world beater this season and gets overlooked because of Jota and the fact that a fair number of his apps have been off the bench.

Coady speaks for himself. I believe he will become a club legend, others don't quite see him like that yet perhaps because of his odd fill in jobs over the last few seasons.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves quite easily people forget he’s that good because they see him every week, wait til tonight and people will remember
As I said, he’s the man who makes the difference

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves all day . Tonight's team without him was very evident.

superwolves

Reaction score
1. Neves. Different class
2. Doherty. Had to play week after week in a position that requires rest to perform to a top level. Been brilliant
3. Coady. Leadership off the pitch bringing in foreign players into the fold and helping create a first class team spirit

D

Deleted member 5910

Some... interesting picks from Britney. Cavaleiro not in his top six?!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some... interesting picks from Britney. Cavaleiro not in his top six?!

You can see where he’s coming from though! Realistically it’s 1 from 7 could win it. Although realistically I think the fans votes will be Coady, Jota & Neves in the top 3.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1) Neves: As others have stated, this guy is not only the best midfielder in the history of the second tier, but also arguably the best in Wolves' modern history. I certainly can't think of one to come close, and he's only 21! His vision, composure, range of passes and ability to dominate the game is unbelievable for his age. Destined for the top- hopefully as Wolves captain.

2) Boly: A mountain with legs, he makes defending and the difficult art of playing out from the back look all too easy. We talk up the big-name attacking players, but we'd be nowhere near the current points tally without our big Willy and the other defenders. Attackers win you games, but defences win you leagues. Surely our first call to order is to get him signed up proper once we win promotion.

3) Cavaleiro: Having been a talented player who only showed up every few games last season, Cav has developed into our most indispensable attacking threat (even supplanting Jota). He is a terrifying prospect for defenders, as he can go inside or outside on either foot, is confident and quick, and also works his socks off to win back possession. He has either scored or set up 22 goals for us this season, and sits third in the Championship assist table- which is all the more impressive when you realise he hasn't relied on set pieces, like Douglas and Snodgrass above him.
These are my three too. We are honoured to have them here. Like the whole team they not only show talent but also endeavour. They are all soldiers and even though they have lost the odd battle along the way I'm certain they will win the war.

J

JC14M5 Wolf

1 - Leo Bonatini
All the **** threads and posts as to why this bloke should be on the plane back to the land of sand and camel **** beggars belief.
It could have waited until close season.
Didn't help your confidence I'm sure.
Cheers Leo, Nuno had the faith when others had doubt and at £5m a snip.

2 - John Ruddy. Fellow slap head. Must have been boring at times between the sticks, not having to pluck it out the onion bag on a regular basis and all that. Fair play for staying awake. The last two away games proved you aye no Rip Van Winkle.

3 - Ryan Bennett unsung hero and slayer of Robins.

Boly, fust time my Mrs has seen a big Wily in real life. She wants more. So sign up.

Coady, get forward more, you could be another ' Crazy Horse'

Doc truly brilliant. Immense.

Bazza, Scottish international, you will be a success in the prem.

Neves, Cav, Jota, Costa. ****in hell where do I start. I've had to change my contact lens mid game because I thought I was seeing things. Best players I have seen in Wolves shirts, some magical stuff. Goals 1, 2 & 3 Sheff Utd (H) kinda sum you guys up.
Sorry about the UK climate, sure you'll improve next year, now you're adjusted!!

What a team.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough choice, but for me it would be

Coady
Neves
Jota

Neves is the best midfielder I have seen at wolves. Fantastic player. We just have enjoy him while he is here.

But Coady would get my vote. Real leader on and off the pitch. Slotted into a new position and been fantastic and not only defended but helped set up some fantastic attacks with some lovely racking passes out wide. Just edges Neves for me because he is the most improved player.

D

Deleted member TW5162

Neves
Coady
Boly / Doc / Barry / Cav (take your pick for 3rd)

Hexham Wolf

Reaction score
Neves
Coady
Boly/Jota/Cav/Bennett(who has gone way beyond expectations)

Voted for Neves as POY as he is the most skilled and talented player I have seen in a Wolves shirt going back in over 40 years of supporting them, but it was very close between him and Coady.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady - the definition of making the most of what you have. Outstanding all season.

Neves - The best player I’ve ever watched consistently live, and a future great. Privilege to watch him at work.

Douglas - 14 assists has to get a mention, but again looking at the fee we paid it’s outstanding business.

Honourable mention to
Boly - man mountain and a shoe in in any other season
Jota - Tevez lite. Love his brevery and tenacity. Form have tailed off perhaps understandably.
Doherty - has got fit and really bought in to Nuno, great season.
Cav - finally some consistency !! Excited to see how he will do in the greed league

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
In the end, I've voted for Cavaleiro. My other choices were Coady and Neves, and I almost feel sad for not including Jota seeing as I've been obsessed with him all year!

But yeah, just think Cav has been amazing this year, and he's won us lots and lots of points in close, tight matches, which is a big reason why we're top of the league and going up. He's one of them players you just enjoy watching, every time he gets the ball something could happen. Even when he come off the bench at Cardiff, he set up a couple of chances.

Special mentions to Neves and Coady like I said, think Coady for me is everything about this new look team. It's taken a few years for it to happen for him, but he now looks an absolute dream signing for £2m! And Neves what can you say, what a player.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t believe people seriously think coady has been better than jota.

Coady has been good yes, but he has the easier role of the back 3 of picking up the pieces. When strikers have stuck to coady he has struggled. Noticeably Clarke and mitrovic. Zahore too although he did better this time round .

Jota won us so many points when we looked flat in the first half of the season .

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Can’t believe people seriously think coady has been better than jota.

Coady has been good yes, but he has the easier role of the back 3 of picking up the pieces. When strikers have stuck to coady he has struggled. Noticeably Clarke and mitrovic. Zahore too although he did better this time round .

Jota won us so many points when we looked flat in the first half of the season .

Not just performances though with Coady, I think its the fact that like, last season most people would have been happy to sell him in the summer, yet he's become one of our most important players. And also he's been the captain most of the season, and he shows great passion always, like if he was a fan. I think people have warmed to him massively since this season. I agree about Jota, and I think most seasons he'd be a 100% guarantee for the player award, like Costa was last year but just this season we have some really strong options.

Back
Top Bottom