Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Platini arrested

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New venue on the horizon?

If the award is found to be fraudulent, why not?

I really hope this does happen, for 2 reasons.

Firstly, it's only fair to the other countries that spent millions of pounds on bids.

Secondly, there's very few countries that could host a World Cup at such short notice, but we are one of them!

World Cup football at Molineux?!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
If the award is found to be fraudulent, why not?

I really hope this does happen, for 2 reasons.

Firstly, it's only fair to the other countries that spent millions of pounds on bids.

Secondly, there's very few countries that could host a World Cup at such short notice, but we are one of them!

World Cup football at Molineux?!
Wolfling I hope you are right and the venue is moved, it just stinks of corruption.

However listening to experts on Talksport they said it would be near impossible on such short notice to move to UK. We are not ready for it the grounds even Old Trafford don't have media centres big enough or fan parks and infrastructure to cope.

I was surprised by this as well...

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New venue on the horizon?
If they did move it, I can tell you which Country wouldn't get it.
Even though that Country has enough stadiums ready to host a World Cup now, travel to, and around that Country is easy for fans, and that Country has shown with the Olympics that it is well capable of hosting major sporting events.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even though that Country has enough stadiums ready to host a World Cup now, travel to, and around that Country is easy for fans, and that Country has shown with the Olympics that it is well capable of hosting major sporting events.

We shouldn't get it anyway as the last World Cup was in Europe. Surely it should go to one of the other nations who lost out in the bidding for 2022 but also have infrastructure. Australia and the USA were both involved in the same bidding as Qatar, so it should go to one of them.

The investigation will run into 2022 anyway, so it likely won't get moved.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was moved it would probably have to be to a country that had recently hosted a major tournament. I don't see how any country could get ready in a couple of years if the infrastructure wasn't already there. The USA might be an alternative

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agreed but they'd never let Russia host two on the trot.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a shame...

As to 2022 moving, I severely doubt it at this stage. It would only be moved if they weren’t ready to host it. However I can see some potential cases for damages from the likes of Australia if it’s found the award was corrupt. FIFA will argue that they’ve already reformed since the award and hence they need do nothing more now. I suspect many would challenge that assertion.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was gonna bring the EU into this but I thought I better keep me trap shut.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was gonna bring the EU into this but I thought I better keep me trap shut.
Beat me to it.

It's a shame to see such a great player succumb to greed and corruption.

Funny how FIFA is a sprawling, controlling, corrupt and dirty bureaucracy that has sucked in one of the greatest players of all time.

Last edited by a moderator:

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolfling I hope you are right and the venue is moved, it just stinks of corruption.

However listening to experts on Talksport they said it would be near impossible on such short notice to move to UK. We are not ready for it the grounds even Old Trafford don't have media centres big enough or fan parks and infrastructure to cope.

I was surprised by this as well...
This is complete rubbish.
Every potential host city has a public park that could be turned into a fan park within weeks.
Any grounds that can host a Champions League final are FIFA WC standard, we have
Wembley, Emirates, Spurs, London stadium, Old Trafford, Etihad and St James's right now.
With modifications there are a lot more that could be made more bloated media friendly just by swapping out seats for broadcast desks

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not one to get on board with the villianisation of people in high powers but i would happily see everyone in charge of FA go down. Being corrupt is one thing but they are so open about it they may as well sit on park benches with a fedora, a long trenchcoat and sunglasses.
They wont move the world cup. I get that its a big deal for a region like Qatar to get the world cup, same when South Africa got it or when Japan and Korea got it. The way they did it is dodgy. Only people that are affected is us and noone cares about the public anymore

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not only was it a highly corrupt decision but qatar are effectively making slaves of the immigrant workers. Many have died and a recent investigation by a german paper showed them lying about conditions.

It's a total disgrace and for the life of me I don't understand why sponsors aren't getting a kicking over this. They're the only ones capable of getting the world cup moved.

Qatar is also a ridiculous place for fans, players and afaik is still in trouble locally.

I don't care where it's moved to but it needs moving.

D

Deleted member 5910

So, when the world tunes in to watch the farcical midseason 2022 World Cup in the desert, the unofficial malaise that this tournament has been bought through blood and corruption at the highest level of Football, will be official. This tournament will be the darkest stain on the sport to date.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
This is complete rubbish.
Every potential host city has a public park that could be turned into a fan park within weeks.
Any grounds that can host a Champions League final are FIFA WC standard, we have
Wembley, Emirates, Spurs, London stadium, Old Trafford, Etihad and St James's right now.
With modifications there are a lot more that could be made more bloated media friendly just by swapping out seats for broadcast desks
I was surprised too. I would have thought we would be able to get ready in ample time. They said the stadiums media centres would have to be ripped out and not be large enough.
I can't remember who it was on the the radio.

M

Mr Wolf

It was a disgrace them getting it anyway, there is no need to change venues but any other nation that bid should get all their money back.

Time for UEFA & Fifa to be cleared out.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I can take Blatter and Platini disliking us because a lot of it was political and England backing the other horse in the voting races.What I can’t stand is the contemptible chicanery for self interest .It was theft on a grand scale .You only had to look at that crook Warner who was/is just as big a scumbag as the other two and evidence proves there are many others .
FIFA is a disgrace and even after all of the changes I just don’t trust them .They run football with all of the dishonesty and deceit of a self ruling closed borders Country-a law unto themselves.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was thinking how these guys remind me of politicians, then read Sarkozy is supposedly involved. Quelle surprise

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At short notice also: Millenium, Anfield, Twickenham, Villa Park and any number of 30,000+ stadia.

#Announce UK
Stadium of light, and if you go north of the border hampden park, celtic park and ibrox

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's a list I've pulled showing just some of the HUGE number of 30K+ stadia across the UK and Ireland, that could easily host a WC, if FIFA pulled a rabbit and stripped Qatar of being hosts.

Anyone who suggest we wouldn't be ready, is utterly preposterous.

D9VlLY0XsAA0neY.png

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Qatar World Cup is doomed before it starts, awarded for spurious and possibly corrupt reasons, followed by the mistreatment of construction workers , foreign nationals......it's a disgrace if this tournament goes ahead in Qatar......as it would effectively endorse the whole process...… a great example to set..... " The People's game"? ….. do me a favour!

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not forgetting that it seemed to come as a "surprise" to the awarding committee that it was ****ing hot in Qatar in June and July and that the rest of the world would have to reschedule it's football programme to accommodate it.....I don't remember that being mentioned during the bidding process!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Amidst all of the corruption did they finally map out how it will affect the timings and schedule of the PL?
I know it has been moved to the Winter but did they decide to finish the 20/21season early to enable the 21/22 season to start a bit earlier and ultimately finish a bit later?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from anything else already mentioned, Qatar is currently blockaded by Saudi, the UAE and Bahrain, and no diplomatic relations either with Egypt... which will mean that nationals from these countries won't be allowed in to Qatar unless there's a diplomatic rapprochement in the next couple of years. This wasn't the situation when Qatar was awarded the 2022 WC; indeed Qatar was seen as a regionally accessible hub for the Gulf and Arab World. But expecting FIFA to do the sensible thing and take it away from Qatar would be like expecting a leopard to change his spots. They are corrupt to the core, just as, frankly, the Qatari government itself is.

D

Deleted member 5276

Anyone who would like to know more about the corruption at FIFA should look at the work of Andrew Jennings.

The Dirty Game: Uncovering the Scandal at FIFA, FOUL! The Secret World of FIFA: Bribes, Vote-Rigging and Ticket Scandals, and Omertà: Sepp Blatter's FIFA Organised Crime Family are excellent books getting to the heart of things. His Panorama programmes were also very revealing.

Back
Top Bottom